Remembering Members of Past

Coke

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talk to Carlos every now and then on AIM. He's questless, but he said he misses his alot. He told me if he gets another, hes going to buy a clean one this time. No rusty bombs.

Rusty, how about Kawika? Not sure if you knew him or not.

I thought he sold his SQ.

Yeah, I knew him.......he'd been to my place a couple times. Last I heard of David, he head pulled the engine from his car and trying to sell it as a roller or part it out.

Was a decent deal for what was in it. Was a shame to see that car taken apart.

Not sure exactly what happened to it or him.

Turborusty

How about hendu? I saw him on here awhile back selling some of his parts that have been laying around for years.

I forgot most of the older members of this site. I use to post so much that I new all of the regulars here. They seemed to have trickled away along with myself. But hell, at least I still own a conquest! Even if it is only one now.

This site lost a huge member when Mike K decided to hang his hat. He was one of the most innovative of this site. Never afraid to experiment with his car and almost everything he tried worked and became the new 'fad' here.

We still have mikec though. How about Kevin Carr...I believe that was his last name? He was around since the 90's. I'm sure he is still a G54B nut and just doesn't come around anymore.

kev

that red guy in Utah that joined the armed forces and I made fun of him not being able to get zaxby's and I always forget this screename

That was me Fanta. I never joined the armed forces either, unless you are talking about school. I do miss my Zaxby's though.

I wonder if that's the guy by me with 3 SQs in his driveway, one which would be a red Starion ... lives real close to the base ...

I have 3 SQs, but I live nowhere near the base, so I know that's not me. In fact, I'm over the mountain and about an hour away from there. I do have a red ‘89 TSi, as well as a green (repainted) ‘88 TSi and a white ‘87 Technica.

About half the people mentioned so far are still around - just not here :rolleyes:

Haven't seen:

eeaston

I can tell you eeaston is still alive and well. He doesn't ever drive his SQ anymore though. It just sits in his driveway while he debates whether or not to sell the car. Sounds a lot like myself. He has a couple of other projects he has been working on, so he spends all his time on those.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still around, kinda. ;) I've just been pretty busy, like usual. On top of that, late November I had a lady rear end me on my motorcycle, so I've been down and out for a bit with a broken wrist. My wrist is healed up now, but I've still got some nerve and tenden damage. I'll probably end up having to have surgury if things don't drastically improve by Feb or so. I can't type very well without getting a lot of carpel tunnel-like pain shooting thru my hand. Bike isn't totalled though, she did about $2,500 worth of damage to it in parts alone. Nothing real major, actually... just a bunch of little expensive stuff, it's still my daily driver (gotta love FL winters). Sad thing is the bike clicked over 16,000 miles last week.... It's not even a year old yet.

I've been kinda down and out on the StarQuest scene for a couple years now. Just burned out I guess, although I'm still in relatively regular contact with quite a few members (hell, half of you guys have my cell phone number anyway). I've been slowly getting the drive back to mess with the StarQuests again, though. I've been tinkering with the black 88 auto I have down here a little bit as of late.

As for John (Indiana), he's been really busy remodeling a house, plus the million other things he has going on. He's doing well, I talked to him a week or two ago. Kurt I haven't talked to in a while, but he's actually down here in FL as well, although he's in Orlando (I think) going to school to be a pilot. School for him is sucking every last minute of his time, last time I talked to him. He's two hours away from me, and I still haven't even had a moments chance to try and catch up with him.

My personal life outside of SQC has been rather stressful the past couple years as well, and unfortunately SQC right now is low on the priority list. I've been making a few changes over the past couple of months, as it's started to effect my health, so hopefully as things improve, I'll have more time to devote to the site. As of right now, poking in every now and then is about all I can give.

I do miss Jess and his wife

Also Mitsustar13. I know he sold his Starion, where the guy that bought it hooked up 200shot of nitrous and blew up the engine, and demanded his money back ( it did have a built bottom end - but thrashing it like that? yeah... ). He's into the 2000 model Sentra SE-R's now.

Wrong there bud. Mitsustar13 sold me his starion the was "Forged", and as you all know bottles are for babies, and that engine blew up under the MPI. The reason it blew up was that was a hyperu engine bored too loose, not to mention that pile of dog vomit was a lying t***.

Jason Kolda

Wow.. I can't beleave no one said anything about Jason Kolda and his web page "The Ultimate Conquest and Starion page".

He was the one that started a conquest / starion web page back in 1996 and is how the starquest page as we know now started.

Some of his page is still up and running.

Old StarQuest site

Edited by 87quest-TSI

Wow.. I can't beleave no one said anything about Jason Kolda and his web page "The Ultimate Conquest and Starion page".

He was the one that started a conquest / starion web page back in 1996 and is how the starquest page as we know now started.

Some of his page is still up and running.

Old StarQuest site

Post 7 in this thread.

Jason Kolda

Post 13 in this thread.

Yeah I think Pete and Jay kolda have both been on sort of recently.

I'll never forget that old blind melon "no rain" midi that used to play on Jay's Ultimate Conquest and Starion site. Wish I'd found that shiz sooner. Net support is surely the only reason I never gave up on conquests.

No Rain---->

Lol, my bad Scotty. I just don't have much to contribute to this site since it feels like I'm worthless without a SQ. I wish Adrian would get another SQ, he was a great help. Eventually, I'll buy another SQ and just keep it garaged forever.

*DM.

CEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa..........

That was for you Chip.

Damn... you beat me to it... here's some more laughs:

Sidewaysstarion AKA 85.5flatbodystar

Metric_Man

LOL...

-Robert

well, nobody seems to have noticed me :confused0024:

no i haven't gotten rid of the car. not gonna happen.

my son was born a couple of months earlier than planned as i was in the middle of this new intake manifold transplant on the car and I was laid off too and didn't get to be on the net as much. now when i am home he wont leave me alone to get anything done. damn its been 2.5 years that the car has been sitting in the garage. well its time for it to wake up now since i now work closer to home, it has to serve as my daily driver :party0049:

so now i might be able to annoye you guys a bit :)