Best car you've own, not a starquest

BrazilBoy

Wow looks sharp...Looks menacing

lol, "Menacing and terrifying, the shark has been menacing and terrifying for OVER a DECADE!"

My favorite car other than a starquest is the only car I've ever had other than a starquest, my 4Runner.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/chipleeiii/DSC01628.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/chipleeiii/DSC01640.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/chipleeiii/DSC01663.jpg

Edited by chiplee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love my magnum, had it two years and not a single problem so far just wish it was a six speed manual.....mabybe one day? other than that I have owned a ton of different cars and I still got love for the Fiat Spider but can't consider it (or any of the 5 spiders i have owned) the "best car"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/DSCI0731.jpg

Toss up between the '70 Dodge Challenger RT, 440, 6 Pak, Sure Grip and the '66 Corvette Fastback, 427, 4 speed, Posi. Both of them were awsome cars. Had to sell 'em as a result of my first divorce back in '83.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Most reliable without a doubt was a Toyota Cressida wagon i had years ago,had a lot of fun cars,toss up between a Sunbeam imp sport with a race prepped engine,a 69 Camaro,a Triumph vitesse and a Mustang 5.0 prepped by SVO, very fast but very fragile.

My first car.

1990 VW Jetta Carat. My dad bought it new and when i crashed it, it had 500,000 miles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/TheUncannyJ/JettaPic.jpg

The best car I ever been in is an '82 Celica. Trade my '82 Supra for it. Start off with 200+k miles on it....I was on my way to a wedding 100 miles from the house til the cooling fan caught the loose fan shroud and overheated to a lock motor. I got it towed to the house, pull the head, throw a head gasket on(I was a broke kid back then), drove up to Tennessee(me and another car) the day I got the head back on.. ran hot all the way through..had to pull over several times..finally gave up in northern Mississppi and left it there. The next day me and my buddy went back and tow it with a tow bar attach to a Gran Am. I pull the head again..drill extra hole on the same head gasket(?)<longer story..drove that car everywhere for two years till my buddy's uncle flip it on a rainy day.

My 80 El Camino SS 350/350 combo, headers, dual, shift kit, mild cam. First car, always wanted one. It did everything I asked it too. I towed the boat, dead cars on trailers, stumps, hauled parts, dirt and people. Made it shoot flames, raced about everything on the street, got all my first tickets with it. Cracked up the front end after doing donuts in a parking lot, fixed it myself including body work and paint. I threw a 3.42 posi in it, would squak the tires on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Shattered the spider gears in the posi on a burnout, drove it home.

Car sits stored and full of SQ parts now. One day when school is over I'll restore it.

My most reliable car was a '91 Maxima 5-speed. For doors, sun/moon roof, power everything, white-faced gauges from the factory, big trunk, and good gas milage. I drove the hell out of that thing and couldn't kill it. It was easy to work on on only left me stranded once when the clutch went out, but I was at work so no biggie. Sold it to get my Starion, sometimes I wonder about that decision.

Hands down, my first car - 1979 Rx7 GT. The Federal model, no cats. Rebuilt the engine myself, bridge-ported by myself, carbon apex seals, Weber side-draft, RB header to a side pipe. Lit grass on fire just idling, and would rap to 10,500 like it was nothing.

Close second comes to any one of my 7 FC Rx7s, I had 'em all, from base models to 'verts, to Turbo-IIs.

As for most reliable [because we all know anything with a rotary makes a Citroen look like a Honda], I'd have to say my Integra. Beat the hell out of it every day and it kept going, until it got stolen. It's currently awaiting a rebuild in my storage unit.

I've only owned 3 other cars other than my Conquest.

A Chrysler K-car wagon w/ the 2.5L engine. It was slow and boring, but it was dead reliable and a good car to learn how to drive. I did have fun autoxing it.

After going MPI on my Conquest I decided I wanted to only drive it in nice weather, so I needed a winter beater. I got a 1gen Eclipse GSX. Got it cheap because the auto trans was slipping. It annoyed the hell out of me so I sold it.

Soon after I picked up my Raider. Drove it non-stop for 2 years and only put gas and oil in it. The only thing I had to buy was a mech. fuel pump. The engine started to feel really tired this fall, so I just dropped in a turbo motor. I'm only running 5psi of boost and it's scary-fast.

I'm going to have to go with the Raider. Turbo 2.6L's make everything better.

what wheels are those? the look like viper wheels but are 5 lug. factory/dealer option?

They are not a dealer option, aftermarket viper replicas made especiallly for the LX cars, chargers magnums and 300's offset is perfect. these are 20X10 and 20X9's they also sell 22's. to me they are the best looking wheel availble for these cars.

Most reliable without a doubt was a Toyota Cressida wagon i had years ago,had a lot of fun cars,toss up between a Sunbeam imp sport with a race prepped engine,a 69 Camaro,a Triumph vitesse and a Mustang 5.0 prepped by SVO, very fast but very fragile.

Imps a good fun, got a couple of Hillman ones.

My best car would be a tie between an Evo1 Lancer and a S15 Silvia. Both fast and reliable and easy to work on/get parts for

The Evo because it was easy to drive fast in all conditions and the Silvia was just plain fun.

sry to be lame but my quest IS the first car I have actually owned myself :D

other than that i used the family 04 Neon sxt

That's not lame. That makes you a purist, lol. My first car was a quest too. I got it when I was 17 in 1993 and drove it until March of 2007, it and two other '88 quests, that is.