custom electronics

travs87tsi

Jayton,

Thanks for the tip. Wasn't aware of these modules. My 88 already has the 89 auto window switch and wished to add that feature to the other side. Once again, many thanks for your reply.

Rgds,

Jms

You don't need a kit for auto up/down windows. Just purchase some express window modules from a company like autoloc and wire them up.

Does anyone have any type of electronics you would like to see made for our cars? I posted about the possibility of LED tail lights but i can really design and make or have made at the company i work at anything you could want.

How about an LED turn signal kit front/back/corners? Taillights would be cool but I have seen some kits for that bulb application. LED interior lighting kit? I don't know, but sounds like a good idea here.

There was a company that was making LED 3rd brake lights for our cars (using an LED board) a while back, but they were pricey so no one bought them (surprise). Maybe this would be a good start for you to show your capabilities and I'm sure if priced right you could sell quite a few. Plus the housing is easily accesible unlike the tail lamps which are sealed shut and need to be heated up to get them apart. I would go for one.

I'll try and locate the link I had for the ones that were available.

All in favor say 'I'

It was www.clearcorners.com

They no longer list the Starion under 'Mitsubishi' because no one was willing to pay their prices. They do awesome work with auto lamps. Check out some of the pics on their site. If you can do some stuff like they do it would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Idea #1: How about a bolt on taillight maybe molded like a Skyline R32 or Ferrari F355 round style to fit the contours of our cars but have the blinkers in LED, also have them blink in sequence like the old Cougers. I have been sketching these since I was 17. Unfortunately I am no artist and my attempts at this creation are poor at best. But I believe you can make a clay mold then carve them into shape. I dont know your are the expert.

Idea #2: I was thinking keeping the pop up style headlights, how many new cars have these makes our starquests unique, but seperate the high and low beam ala Lotus Espirit, kinda of like the lazy eye look only coming up enough to expose the lights. Projector style with a molded cover.

Just ideas looks cool in my mind, maybe its just me?

replace fusible links with normal style slow blow fuses or circuit breakers like on modern cars? (ie .. eclipse, etc..) I second that.

I third that, I've been wanting to change those with something different for like 10 years! But electronics aren't my thing.

-GCNTSi.

How about a "auto arm" modification to the factory security system. Basically something that could piggyback on the Etacs and lock the doors and turn on the alarm like 5mins after you turn off the car and close the doors/hatch.

mm

Good idea but maybe make the "alarm" dash light flash so scum bags know its on.

How about a "auto arm" modification to the factory security system. Basically something that could piggyback on the Etacs and lock the doors and turn on the alarm like 5mins after you turn off the car and close the doors/hatch.

mm

And I might add a glass sensor and a motion detector. Also a remote to arm and disarm the alarm as in most of today's alarms.

Rgds,

Jms

Add me to the list for a nice box with fuses to replace thos fusible links. It could be made to install in the same location. We all hate those fusible links and a replacement would clean up the look while being cheap to replace (fuses) and more user friendly. Look into it and figure out a price. I bet you would get quite a few takers.

Add me to the list for a nice box with fuses to replace thos fusible links. It could be made to install in the same location. We all hate those fusible links and a replacement would clean up the look while being cheap to replace (fuses) and more user friendly. Look into it and figure out a price. I bet you would get quite a few takers.

This has already been done by a few on this board, although no FAQ on it exists. Most commonly used is a Mazda fuse holder, found in their engine compartment. I once looked at the diagram and found it pretty easy to wire it in, in place of our stock unit. I have one of these Mazda boxes but have yet to adapt it to my car. Hope this bit of info helps.

Rgds,

Jms

HERE'S A REAL NEED,, A PROGRAMABLE ECU.

FIP already supplies a pretty good one at a good price, that can drive the stock TBI or a MPI setup. And there are others on the market that are inexpensive and very popular among many different car makes.

Rgds,

Jms

Edited by Jms

Digital readout that has a/f ratio, oil press, fuel press etc to sweep across the screen and update every second or so

Example like when you are watching racing and the cars position is sweeping across the screen updating every cars position.

I want the sreen in the car to do that for our gauges.

Digital readout that has a/f ratio, oil press, fuel press etc to sweep across the screen and update every second or so

Example like when you are watching racing and the cars position is sweeping across the screen updating every cars position.

I want the sreen in the car to do that for our gauges.

That would be cool. What about that put in place of where the A/C control used to be. For those of us who have moved them down by the radio.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have any type of electronics you would like to see made for our cars? I posted about the possibility of LED tail lights but i can really design and make or have made at the company i work at anything you could want.
what will make the signal lights bilnk if i use led lights to the front rear tail lights i have 2starion and 1conquest to use thank you.