MX-6 intake vs. Magna

So I have an MX-6 intake that I intend on using for my mpi build later this summer. Already made an adapter plate to bolt it up and working on the thermostat issue. Anyways what I really want to know is how does this flow compared to a Magna intake?. I have some serious HP goals (at least 350 BHP) and I want to make sure this won't hold me back in the long run. Anyone happen to have some numbers or just want to call me a fool ?? ::): I am sure someone has some experience with this sooo ... what do you think?

• 4 weeks later...
So I have an MX-6 intake that I intend on using for my mpi build later this summer. Already made an adapter plate to bolt it up and working on the thermostat issue. Anyways what I really want to know is how does this flow compared to a Magna intake?. I have some serious HP goals (at least 350 BHP) and I want to make sure this won't hold me back in the long run. Anyone happen to have some numbers or just want to call me a fool ?? ::): I am sure someone has some experience with this sooo ... what do you think?

Personally I believe you should save the cash for a magna, FIP, or chad's mpi that has been tried and proven. In the long run I think you will end up spending less and have less headaches.

Well, he's already got an adaptor plate, so why not just continue from here? The magna has to be extensively modified to relocate the t-stat housing, etc. and it's still far from perfect, in many respects. Take some pictures of your work, and MPI intake manifolds aren't the major limiting factor for these engines, it's the head. That's the old, faulty TBI wisdom, but it's true when talking about MPI, big turbo's and big numbers.

• 3 months later...
I had a mx-6 intake running in my starquest. I like the mx-6 intake it has long runners and the pledum is bigger than the magna .. not talking about the TR intake ... The mazda uses 3.5 throttle body with two butterflies 35mm and I think 55mm fast spool up. It is just sitting in back room..

I had a mx-6 intake running in my starquest. I like the mx-6 intake it has long runners and the pledum is bigger than the magna .. not talking about the TR intake ... The mazda uses 3.5 throttle body with two butterflies 35mm and I think 55mm fast spool up. It is just sitting in back room..

any pic, would like to see. :eek1bluegreen:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What year Mx-6 manifold can be used on a starquest? I've learned that an adapter plate is needed but does the intake runners line up with the G54B head ports?

any info on this would be highly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...