Dyno runs Monsta Banshee vs. Stocker

RJ

best out of three pulls with the roller was 247.1 hp and 325 lb-ft torque. best of 2 pulls with the stock cam was 260.8 hp and 353 lb-ft torque. the graph may look funky because of the different scales for hp & torque.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10079/TSI.jpg

edit: ok...mods....

Wiseco block .034 over

Arp head studs and rod bolts

AJUSA head gasket

Marnal head w/ OS valves and HD springs

Mosnta Banshee roller cam for first 3 pulls (set up by DAd with shims), stock for final 2

TB-Pro2

stock modified exhaust manifold by Tainters

Sy/Ty 17c @ 18 lbs

3" exhaust

Kelly's hard pipes

MSD 6al, blaster 2, magnacore wires

Edited by RJ

good results. Should be a quick fun street ride

Let me guess, dynojet dyno and a mitsubishi, bolt on exhaust housing for your turbo. And, I just noticed your sig, and I'm right.

I hardly think a 400+hp capable td06 in the sy/ty 8cm housing, will choke a g54 abruptly at 5500rpm

I'm wondering if cam degree responsible for our typical g54 "nosedives".

sweet, did you do the pulls on the same day somehow? cam swap on the dyno?

yeah there was only about an hour or two in between the pulls. my buddy's dad owns the shop so he was cool with me swapping the cams out while the car was still set up on the dyno. i had the roller setup in when i got there. after the roller pulls i took it apart and swapped the rockers and cam, let it run until the lifters pumped up, set the timing and let her rip.

Nice, thanks for posting. One thing bugs me about the graphics though, even if the scales are different the torque and power lines have to cross at 5252 rpm for a given run. That's just how the math works. These don't so I don't buy the big power drop at 5500-6000. Something is wrong in the software.

Scott

Nice, thanks for posting. One thing bugs me about the graphics though, even if the scales are different the torque and power lines have to cross at 5252 rpm for a given run. That's just how the math works. These don't so I don't buy the big power drop at 5500-6000. Something is wrong in the software.

Scott

I think thats due to the diff scale of the TQ and the HP thats all

Scott

They don't cross because of the different scale, but they are the same value at 5252. Look at the light blue trace, at 5252 they are both a value of about 260.

Y'all are correct about the scales, my bad. One more observation, the specs on those cams are pretty different yet the rpm torque peak and horsepower peak for each are essentially the same. What drives that? Does the nature of the turbo so dominate the torque curve that you can't shift it much with overlap? Now I have to go back and study Chiplee's graphs.

Scott

Can you verify that boost pressure (peak boost and the value throughout the rpm band) was the same for both cams. Boost pressure especially spool characteristics will trump almost anything else when looking at tq and hp. Granted the cam may effect the turbo spool so effectively you just want to make sure the boost controller was set the same for each run. It would be nice to see how spool is affected though.

Can you verify that boost pressure (peak boost and the value throughout the rpm band) was the same for both cams. Boost pressure especially spool characteristics will trump almost anything else when looking at tq and hp. Granted the cam may effect the turbo spool so effectively you just want to make sure the boost controller was set the same for each run. It would be nice to see how spool is affected though.

the boost actually peaked about 1 psi higher with the roller. the boost setting was pretty close with both cams. on both pulls the boost was inconsistent, dropping as low as 12 psi. i need to mess with the profec settings to make it more consistent.