this build is getting rediculous now :lol: I'm still putting together the damn Megasquirt box :rolleyes: Although... I was inspired by a certain family member of mine to just go nuts too! My dad pretty much said " the car is worth nothing, do everything you can that you want..." I told him sure!.

So my Holset and 292 cam setup just went out the window...

GT4088R and 296f are in the mix now :)

Edited by Bag-O-Chips

If you didn't already, get some nice rods, I'm kicking myself now for going with stockers, albeit shotpeened, they have me worried when going for 6 hundy. And a tranny. Approximately 1% of my brain is telling me to get an auto tranny for the car. It would be quicker with one for sure.

*Posting now fixed, I made the original with my phone and it is hard to type out a long post like that.

Edited by Technology

You could always talk to Bill and see if you could stuff in a built TH350 since the TH400 is massive. T56 could always be an option too and come to think of it, I was gonna send my Rods to DAD to get race prepped. I guess I'll talk to him about that.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/1288117566/med_gallery_3386_777_139248.jpg

So, I got the tank back in finally. The fuel pump is sort of mocked up in place. But that's where it will be. old feed and return lines will be used for return lines. Probably overkill, but why not use them at least to prevent one or the other from rotting out and being totally useless. The hard part now is running the hard line from the back, up in the rear axle hump, over the front part of the subframe/crossbeam and then up to the front.

I have a lot to do on this thing and less time to do it in. Kinda sucky, but life is life! Even laibach said so.

If you didn't already, get some nice rods, I'm kicking myself now for going with stockers, albeit shotpeened, they have me worried when going for 6 hundy. And a tranny. Approximately 1% of my brain is telling me to get an auto tranny for the car. It would be quicker with one for sure.

*Posting now fixed, I made the original with my phone and it is hard to type out a long post like that.

Just an fyi the stock rods wont last long over 500 hp.

Here's a little picture of what people will see when they are losing a race.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/1288117566/med_gallery_3386_777_739555.jpg

So youll be racing alot of 14sec cars i take it???? :lol:

Just joshin ya!

Ohhh! you're hilarious! I will be lucky to get the car back up and running before I leave, but I'll try to hang on to it and eventually get it to make the power I want. When that happens I guess I'd hope to be beating 10 second cars (from a roll at least). It's not far off, power wise. Only 150 more hp to go. Cake walk! :D

LUV to see hard hittin rollas. Update your build thread.... car deserves it.

What cam u run ?

what ET ?

E85 ?

what rear end and gear ratio ?

looks like a master power turbo..... which one, at what psi ?

I'm guessing..... rods will be under way more load/stress launching a 3000 pound starion

LUV to see hard hittin rollas. Update your build thread.... car deserves it.

What cam u run ?

what ET ?

E85 ?

what rear end and gear ratio ?

looks like a master power turbo..... which one, at what psi ?

I'm guessing..... rods will be under way more load/stress launching a 3000 pound starion

cam is i forgot lol best time is 10.51 at 129 fuel is c16 rear is from a datsun pickup gears are 437 turbo is a master power it a 70 in front and the rear wheel is a custom my tuner sent it to get done its not as big i think it a 69 boost is 22 psi but on nos it goes to 30 psi car will go way faster but the gears arent leting me im putting all the gears in even 5th and gettin on the rev lim and still havent pass the 1/4

Thank you! Was tuning the 1600s difficult or didn't you worry too much about that since it's a pretty much drag only car?

it was easy tunning car i drive it once awhile in the streets car has everything wipers all lights work window go up and down car isnt cut no where

If you ever feel like you want to upgrade to a full engine computer that does timing also, I know you will get way more power from just tuning the ignition. You could get another 100whp real quick. But I'm talking boost only of course. With the nitrous, I guess it doesn't matter too much, ahah.

5 inches. If I recall correctly, Derek and I figured the volume of just the plenum, no runners or TB was 3.2 liters. There's a specific volume that is desired for high power applications, and it's a multiplication of engine displacement. 1.2xengine displacement or something. I guess it's the optimal size and it's exactly what the EIP plenum is. At least it's very close.

David Vizard’s “Rule of thumb” Equations

Using Vizard's Equation for Runner Length

1. Starting point of 7 inches for 10,000 RPM

2. Add length of 1.7 inches for each 1000 RPM

less

Using Vizard's Equation for Runner Diameter

Best thing in there.

Scott

I didn't read the link, but runner length calcs must also use diameter, or you are just making guesses.

There was a good article in turbo mag about 4 years ago that used different sized plenums, emperical testing, not bench testing. they concluded 1.5 : 1 plenum to displacemetn was a good rule for a drag motor, closer to 1.2 : 1 for a street/strip aplication. You get diminising returns above 1.5 : 1.

Runer taper was also a useful feature, but hard to implement on most designs. 5* and 10* was tried on the same build, 5* was notably superior across the RPM band, and the 10* didn't catch up till near redline, and only exceeded 5* performance above redline. If I recall, this was done on a 4G63, but this is all about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics so it doesn't matter what engine you use it on.

My intake is 1.3 :1 plenum ratio, with 8.75" long runners at ~1.6" ID.

FYI, the Magna is about a .7 : 1 plenum ratio with about 17" long runners, and about 1.6" ID.