I have seen flow bench testing results on DSM aftermarket intake manifolds. The best one was a one-off home built one with tapered runners and a very large plenum volume. And the 1.2:1 you mentioned is what this "street" version of the EIP cannon I have is.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/1292205643/med_gallery_3386_777_832152.jpg

Got that done today. The rest of the fitting should hopefully be here tomorrow, and I can then finish putting the fuel pump in. The it's just wiring the pump in. I got a huge car stereo power wire to use for the pump. I will get a 30amp inline fuse for it, and I also have a relay to use from the stock fuel pump wire. It's going to be awesome. Totally useless with all the new uber high flow walbro-sized pumps coming out, but it's as much to show off as it is to make power.

Edited by Technology

-8, but the line is 1/2", which is the same as -8AN. AN numbers are just 16ths of an inch. -4 is 1/4", -6 is 3/8", etc. You probably already knew that, hehe. Anyway, it's a -8 male AN flare so I can use a braided line to the fuel rail, then on the return side, it'll be a -6 to the regulator, and a hose and clamp on the low pressure return side. I'm using both stock return and feed lines as return lines. I really didn't need any of this, but now I'm way too far into it to stop. Skuzz.

skuzz

lol

edit::::

hey tech,,,been reading thru your early on posts remember sam? mindgame backwards

i thought he was a decent guy,talked to him several times on the phone ,met him in

columbus ohio and bought some parts from him,watever happened to him???

also wat management system you runnin? still the aem?

you still have the 1g cas??

and where did you get that cam???

Edited by quikconq

Yeah, sam vouched for me to get unbanned. I liked him and to me, his only flaw was claiming he thought of using the DSM cas before I did, haha! He and I were on the same wavelength, he was just going for more of a drag build. But you know, some people don't get along with this site, and I think it may have turned him off from SQ's. That's only a guess though.

Still have the AEM, the 1G cas from a 1990 car (because the harness was a 1990 year model). I bought the cam directly from Schneider. I sent in a core and they reground it. Installing and degreeing that cam made the turbo spool about 200rpm sooner.

Not for a long time. I just want to get it running before I leave so it doesn't sit for years and rot away. I'm confident the bottom end will do 500 easy. For now, though, it's just the pump, intake manifold, idle motor and regulator. Most of which are easy to do, but still require building parts to make it work.

500 at motor or wheels,,im at 357hp at wheels say close at 410 motor,,,and im still TB

im gonna do more this spring with the TB and push big boost then convert mpi

hope you dont mind me askin question when the time comes for the switch

ive been talkin to scott about the megasquirt system.

why did you go with aem? and not the squirt?

im at 357hp at wheels say close at 410 motor,,,and im still TB

I'm at 30 psi on stock rods

gt35r,,,,boost away I plan too

Quickcong, you still using just a translator and two secondaries? What fuel pressure. My 850/1400 set up works really well but i am maxing them out with afr in the high 11's. I think i am going to run a 1050/1800 next year on e85 or maybe a stock secondary with a 1800 Bosch. I picked up another data logger box and want to add some more sensors.

what is the part number for that black fuel line fittng. how does it attach tothe fuel line?

Thanks

Here ya go: http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/110553/10002/-1?parentProductId=756885

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/500/555/555-110553.jpg

It's a compression fitting, so the bottom part slides over the tube, then a little collar with a taper on both ends, then the AN side threads into the bottom part and squishes the collar onto the tube creating a seal.

Edited by Technology

500 at motor or wheels,,im at 357hp at wheels say close at 410 motor,,,and im still TB

hope you dont mind me askin question when the time comes for the switch

ive been talkin to scott about the megasquirt system.

why did you go with aem? and not the squirt?

500 at the wheels is only 50hp away or about 3-4 more psi at the rate I was going. I hope this intake mani helps in that department. Free horsepower. But I think it's awesome you are pushing the TBI setup, and you will see gains from switching to MPI, no doubt. My turbo isn't much bigger than yours and I made 447 at 27psi, so that's the MPI in large part, I'd say.

I keep forgetting to finish my posts, haha. I went with AEM because I started two other plans before and came across a better idea or a good deal. First was a megasquirt I built myself. It would have worked fine, but I wanted to use the VR distributor pickup, and forgot to install that circuit, so I eventually sold that, and read up on DJpowerhaus' 4g63 conversion and decided to adapt all the stuff to the g54b and use a stock ecu with a SAFC-2, then it changed to DSM Link. Then I came across a great deal (600 bucks off new price) AEM for the 1G DSM, and since I already was getting the harness and parts together for that, I stuck with it. And Other than using 1990 stuff, I really like it.

My next engine electronics upgrade will be new, more powerful coils or some kind of amp. I have a feeling they are the reason my power is dropping off at high rpm.

Edited by Technology

My tune was crap,,,that's why I never submitted it to phinko

actually had skips in the line it was so choppy

it was a timing/vacumn issue ,for the most part fixed by the end of summer

but then swapped to e85 and swapped in two 1600 Injectors then my

wideband took a dump ,so I just called it quits for the rest of the summer.

And decided to inspect/refresh the motor over the winter.

Add in pauter,megasquirt I should be good for new TB numbers

then middle summer do the magna swap.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some good work done tonight. I realized I needed a nipple fitting for the brake booster, so my buddy and I drove to Ace hardware, which was closed, then to home depot, which has no selection, and then to fleet farm, which doesn't have much better selection, but had the exact thing I was looking for, a 1/8" npt to large barb fitting (the same size as the brake booster hose). So I got that done, it's under the manifold, so no pictures.

I installed the manifold and started routing stuff. Reid, (afore mentioned buddy) continued to tap the fuel rail, and got it so the fittings actually go in more than 3 or 4 threads. Everything fits now, and I mocked up the intercooler pipes and thottle body, though there's nothing keeping me from bolting the TB down other than a desire to post this then sleep. So here's where it sits for tonight.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/1293015698/gallery_3386_777_244916.jpg

Next will be a couple things under the manifold on the engine, then fuel lines, install injectors, plug in sensors, and mount the regulator, then run short return lines under the hood, and tighten everything down again, and try to start. It could be done in a day, but free time is at a premium for me.