S&M strutbars - Install page added- Updated 5/21

ESIrType?

This is a quick install page I just made. I hope this helps.

http://www.sandmstrutbars.co.nr/install.htm

Shawn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I want to thanks a few people for making this happen. No this isn't an acceptant special. I want to give credit where credit is due. First, I owe my girlfriend a lot for helping me with the initial CAD work. She helped me a lot with all the drawings and readjusting that was needed. She spent a lot of time listening to what I wanted. I had to put this on there, even though she doesn't visit the board. Thanks Ana (yes that's 1 N not 2 N's)!

Second Shift1313! He's is an incredibly great guy! He's one of the nicest people you can meet! He helped a lot with getting a quote from his guy and scaling the CAD work. He did great work and it's much appreciated!

Third, Oscar_The_Grouch. What can I say, these will be his 5th sets from me. ;)

Oscar is another great guy and member. He was kind enough to get a quote from his guy for me also. He's also helping me get some sets overseas! I appreciate your time and help!

Both of them are great SQC members and guys!

Next, I am about 90% done with the first 10 sets and about 50% done with the 5 extra I added. Again, these should be ready to be shipped by Monday, May 14th. I am still waiting on the rest of my clevises that were ordered. The order will be here today or Monday.

Now for payment. For me Paypal is fine, despite the fee's. :shock: You can Paypay me at starquest@shiftboots.zzn.com

Please include your SQC screen name when sending payment and any special instructions (if needed).

For money orders payments. As some of you know, I will be leaving next week for Brazil to see my girlfriend. I WILL have all the sets ready, boxed and with address labels. Since I will not be here to ship the sets once (money order) payments are received, I will have my sister take care of this for me. Also the money order will need to be in her name, since I will not be able to cash them.

Money orders can be sent and made out to the following.

Lindsey Frederick

312 Big Oak Drive

Franklin, Pa 16323

Again, please include your SQC screen name.

Thanks everyone! I'll be sending you all PM's with totals, with shipping.

Shawn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see from the one post, I have the plate with some pictures of the set, unpainted, unpolished and tacked into place. I just wanted to show you all what they looked like. The plates are a very nice quality. I'm impressed with the job the shop did laser cutting. I will post pictures of the finally result soon.

Payment details coming later today after I get everyone's shipping quotes.

Thanks,

Shawn

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Wednesday 5/9.

The laser cut brackets are in and sitting in the car. I will weld a set first thing when I get home tonight and post pictures. These came out really well and are a nice quality.

Shawn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Tuesday 5/8.

This GP is closed. I didn't imagine it would go over so well. As of now, I will need to purchase more aluminum. I only had enough for 12 sets and enough ready for 10 sets. I opened up 5 more spots for you guys. The 15th spot is reserved. Plates are still set to be in on this Thursday. I plan still to have everything ready to be shipped by Monday the 14th.

I will start accepting payment at the end of the week. Paypal or money orders are fine. I am first waiting to have the laser cut pieces back before I accepting any payments.

I'll keep you all posted. Please, if any of you do not hear back from me by the weekend, please email me or PM me. I'm doing my best to keep you all posted. I am extremely busy lately!

If you all could please send me your zip code, so I can get a quote on shipping for you all.

Thanks everyone,

Shawn

p.s. Here's a link to some of my previous feed back. http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9047

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9153

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been working hard for months on our second generation of triangulation strut braces. There has been a lot of research and development involved. Generation II sets are improved in design and quality. Only the first 10 sets will be available for the price of $215. Price does not include shipping.

Set info,

* Main bars (front and rear )and tri-bars are made of high quality, polished T-6061 aircraft grade aluminum

* 1" front and rear main bar & 3/4" tri-bars

* Front triangulation set for extra rigidity and strength

* All brackets are laser cut for precision

* Steel 3/16" main plates & 1/4" uprights

* Full adjustable front, rear and triangulation bars to allow for tuning

* QA1 Clevis ends for very fine tune adjustments

* Direct fit for 83-89 Starquests, no cutting or drilling required

All sets will be ready to be shipped by May 14th. As of now, I have almost everything ready for the sets to be completed. The hold up is waiting for my laser cut piece to be delivered on 5/10.

Currently I do not have pictures of the new design in the final stage, however I do have a mach set picture to post.

New design, mach front set.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t229/Oscar-the-Grouch/NEWSMBars.jpg

For any questions please post here or email me at strutbars@shiftboots.zzn.com

Sets available

1. importwarrior 14526 - Paid, shipping

2. pitboss 98277 - Paid, shipped

3. Sully

4. Richie_Rich 63303 - Paid, shipped

5. Oscar_the_Grouch 93711 Paid, shipped

6. Oscar_the_Grouch 93711 Paid, shipped

7. Casey_L 01886 - Paid, shipped

8. OutCastZeroOne - Paid, shipped

9. stvblk1 38632 - Paid shipped

10. Cokedoctor 14001

11. BOHO 31088 - Paid, shipped

12. 87Quest_TSI 35805 - Paid, shipped

13. Mark Osotea (set split) - Paid, shipped

14. 88_ESI_R 11738 - Paid shipped

15. pinoy_kio88 92139 - Paid, shipped

Thanks,

Shawn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are really nice and also adjustable. Good quality work especially when they are made in the USA :wink: Which intake is that on the car in the picture?

Thanks Kelly! I've really spent a lot of hard work and time on R&D to make these. I'm really happy with the final results. What's most important is the consumer being happy.

The intake is off a MX-6 intake. It took a lot of work to make fit. In the end, it would have been quicker to make an intake.

http://www.csonline.net/starquest/mpi/mpi.htm

Thanks again,

Shawn

WHY?........WHY?....do these come out when funds are tight.

Aw heck, put me down for a set.

These are the best bars out there.

There is no way I can pass these up.

I've been waiting a long time for you to make them again.

Sure glad I didn't buy any of the cheaper non-adjustable ones out there.

WHY?........WHY?....do these come out when funds are tight.

Aw heck, put me down for a set.

These are the best bars out there.

There is no way I can pass these up.

I've been waiting a long time for you to make them again.

Sure glad I didn't buy any of the cheaper non-adjustable ones out there.

Sorry Rich, you know I've been sitting here and planning it that way. I thought to myself, "self when is the best time to finish these and get these out?" It was a long time before the answer came to me, but if finally did. The answer was when funds are tight for Rich :lol:

I'm kidding Rich! I'll put you down for a set!

Thanks,

Shawn

hey Shawn

Bud hope you have my TWO (2) sets set asides ?:mrgreen:

By the way... Do you think those WOODEN base brackets and uprights will hold to heavy cornering ?

Thanks

Oscar

As long as it's USA wood it will hold up just fine :wink:

Definitely put me down for a Front Tri-Pattern/Rear set. I cannot pass these up. I had the 1gen set on my last Conquest, and let me tell you, they made SOO MUCH of a difference. I was impressed with the quality, I expect the 2gen's to exceed them. Thanks alot Shawn!

hey Shawn

Bud hope you have my TWO (2) sets set asides ?:mrgreen:

By the way... Do you think those WOODEN base brackets and uprights will hold to heavy cornering ?

Thanks

Oscar

I have you covered! I don't know about the wooden brackets holding up in heavy cornering. I was looking to make them from petrified wood, but it's to rare. That would hold up for sure. Between you and me, it's a secrete, these are really off a "wood box durby racer (made in China)." I took them straight off one and made it large to fit the Starquest. ;) So I figure, a race car made of wood and it will hold up, so why not make it out of metal and also have it hold up. ;)

Errrr....ha ha....not really!

As long as it's USA wood it will hold up just fine :wink:

100% rain forest killing, USA processed wood! Good call Kelly ;) :P

Shawn

Quote from 1st Post

Updated Tuesday 5/8.

This GP is closed. If you all could please send me your zip code, so I can get a quote on shipping for you all.

Thanks everyone,

Shawn

My Zipcode is 14001.

NNOOOO!!! i missed it? Is there a way to order one out of the GP?