Finally!!! Im stoked ;)

soulja620

well, as a busy a** 17yo who makes $6.25 an hour, i finally managed to pay, and install my fully built motor that ive been waiting 6-7months for...

I JUST got this thing today! :D

Once i picked it up, i had to run to work :cry:

so when i got home i decided "hell why not drop this in myself"?

(not knowing how hard the tranny-block would be) but i managed...

Took about 1hour(damn tranny) to do by myself for the first time...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/soulja620/100_0279.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/soulja620/100_0287.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/soulja620/100_0296.jpg

MY whole bill for the block/parts/labor/assembly was surprisingly only 1,300+!

block includes:

custom JE's

shot-peened rods

micropolish crank

full block work

ect...

i have other misc items such as the marnal, fidanza, ect that add to my total :oops: ....

i think im in around $2300 for everything?

what you guys think?

(im just glad i can sleep better now!)

nice. IM 18 and just got my built motor in. sadly tho, im with Topdawg. Its 10x easier to intstall the manifolds with the motor out/head off. good luck either way.

Super easy to install manifolds with the engine in. Buy a set of ratcheting wrenches and it's a snap.

Here is the kind you want.

http://www.wrench-manufacturer.com/reversible-ratcheting-wrench/reversible-ratcheting-wrench_img/reversible-ratcheting-combination-wrench_520_top.jpg

I have a set of craftsmen and let me tell ya they come in very handy, to the point where I use them more than my socket set.

Kane

Nice work. I see my old Fidanza on there.

It will be a PITA to install the manifolds on there with the engine in. If it comes down to it, you could pull the head off then reinstall it with the intake and exhaust manis.

Good luck :wink:

Thats usualy the route I go, only with the tranny attached. Block & tranny go in get all buttoned down. I assemble the head, intake, Exhaust & turbo on the bench then set that down on the block. Thats the best way for my anyways, everyones different.

http://www.wrench-manufacturer.com/reversible-ratcheting-wrench/reversible-ratcheting-wrench_img/reversible-ratcheting-combination-wrench_520_top.jpg

Kane

My favorite Tool in the tool box!!!

MY whole bill for the block/parts/labor/assembly was surprisingly only 1,300+!

block includes:

custom JE's

shot-peened rods

micropolish crank

full block work

ect...

i have other misc items such as the marnal, fidanza, ect that add to my total :oops: ....

i think im in around $2300 for everything?

what you guys think?

looks good, and that's what it should be

Kane

My favorite Tool in the tool box!!!

+1 on that. ITs all about the angle. There is an angle for every bolt on that car if u have the right wrench/socket or extension. Ratcheting wrenches save boo -coooo time.

Super easy to install manifolds with the engine in. Buy a set of ratcheting wrenches and it's a snap.

I have a set of craftsmen and let me tell ya they come in very handy, to the point where I use them more than my socket set.

Kane

ditto!

Thanks alot fellas!

Yeah im not at all looking forward to install my manifolds.... :? :evil: ....

just gotta wait for my set of nuts from DAD....

But i might have to go by a tool shop, and find that wratchet wrench!

its craftsman? or whats better?

Nice work. I see my old Fidanza on there.

:lol: yeah, cant wait to feel the difference...

I hope to get this motor crankin this saturday/sunday :twisted:

looks nice man, I hear ya I was 17 when I got my quest, almost 20 now and its come a long way.

I recently rebuilt my motor and made the mistake of not installing the manifolds.....I couldn't figure out a way of even getting a ratcheting box wrench on the intake mani, so I pulled the head, luckily it wasn't torqued yet and I saved my HG. good luck.

keep at it lookin nice

kyle

looks nice man, I hear ya I was 17 when I got my quest, almost 20 now and its come a long way.

I recently rebuilt my motor and made the mistake of not installing the manifolds.....I couldn't figure out a way of even getting a ratcheting box wrench on the intake mani, so I pulled the head, luckily it wasn't torqued yet and I saved my HG. good luck.

keep at it lookin nice

kyle

lol, future reference if you ever have to install the intake..the bottom rear nut can be intalled from the bottom with a swivel bit on a long extension.

Good job man... you are representing the younger crowd nicely

Younger guys UNITE! Im 18 and wow, you really made me want to get off my a** and get my car running. I remember when I rebuilt the top end on my starion, I was so happy.

I was even more happy because nobody thought I could do it. All you have to do is pick up a wrench and get to work.

I installed the exaust and intake manifold after my head was on and I don't think it was that bad. Just watch out for the exaust gasket. (I assume you got a new mitsu one) that thing is so sharp you will cut yourself and not even know it. I got a massive ammount of blood all over my valve cover.

Gearwrench brand wrenches are really good but they are expensive. I put the manifolds on using my regular set of mechanics tools.

BTW, don't forget to get the exaust headder planned at a shop, its probably all warped.

We gotta show SOMEBODY that not all young enthusiast are RICERS right? :lol:

Younger guys UNITE! Im 18 and wow, you really made me want to get off my a** and get my car running. I remember when I rebuilt the top end on my starion, I was so happy.

I was even more happy because nobody thought I could do it. All you have to do is pick up a wrench and get to work.

I installed the exaust and intake manifold after my head was on and I don't think it was that bad. Just watch out for the exaust gasket. (I assume you got a new mitsu one) that thing is so sharp you will cut yourself and not even know it. I got a massive ammount of blood all over my valve cover.

:) yeah bro, its an awesome feeling! Even my mother got mad at me because i did this myself! :roll: fears that i'll "make something worse", so i have to have that "i'll show you" attitude 8) ... she just dont undersand...

But yeah, i learned after i dropped so much blood un-installing everything, that i just bought a set of mechanix gloves :wink:

Where did you get the Distributor? Or is that just a sticker?

That dist. actually came with the car... I searched everywhere to find it but no luck... so i came to the conclusion its just a red cap, with a MSD sticker on it :oops: