Adjustable Cam gears (ready to ship 4-27)

pagemo

Please see notes in posts to below as some changes have been necessary

I will be selling ajustable cam gears using modified new beck and arnley gears. They use a five bolt stlye locking set up have holes drilled for lightness. These are custom made and the first few should be ready in the next two weeks. I will be offering these for $175 and for $15 I can have the timming marks laser etched on the gear for easy adjustment.

I am trying to gauge intrest because I need to order the gears to be modified and would like to order as many as I think will be used and not many more as these are $30 each.

I will post pictures of the first one in the next week.

PM me if you are interested. or email spage@scovill.com

Scott

I will be selling ajustable cam gears using modified new beck and arnley gears. They use a five bolt stlye locking set up have holes drilled for lightness. These are custom made and the first few should be ready in the next two weeks. I will be offering these for $175 and for $15 I can have the timming marks laser etched on the gear for easy adjustment.

I am trying to gauge intrest because I need to order the gears to be modified and would like to order as many as I think will be used and not many more as these are $30 each.

I will post pictures of the first one in the next week.

PM me if you are interested. or email spage@scovill.com

Scott

If you need a test car for them, let me know :D Seriously, I would be interested also.

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...
Just as an update, pagemo (Scott) is out of town right now so it'll be a few days before he gets back on the boards. I'm working with him right now on this to source enough cam gears, as the really nice machined one that we want to use is a little difficult to source.

Hey Guys I am back from a nice long week at the beach :D sorry for the delays I will post pictures Monday or Tuesday. I know several people have expressed interest( I am keeping a record of who is first in line). I have 4 or 5 units that will be complete this week several are spoken for already but I will have more by next week end. The first ones were going to be made out of steel but after discussing with a an engineer and looking at the majority of others on the market we went with 6061 T6. If any one specifically wants steel I can produce them that way. I am also looking into ARP hardware for the locking screws but in the mean time I will be using grade 8 button heads. The design is similar to the picture but the reverse orientation with 5 locking screws.

The only thing I ask is please be patient as with most of you I have a full time job this is just something on the side and as such it will have to come after my regular job. As Jon mentioned I am trying to use one specific cam gear that appears to be the best quality (most consistant) to start with the first 5 have used 2 types of gears the next batch will be the gears that jon is sourcing. These gears are a little more expensive but I think worth the extra few dollars. The prices I quoted were using this specific gear.

just for the guys that dont know much about hardware ratings

if grade 8's dont hold it nothing will, the bolts should be stressed much anhow i like the overkill selection of grade 8's!!! i can assure you the timing gears being sold for other cars are not sold with grade 8 locking screws.

monty

Ok here is what we have so far.

I only have two ready and they are spoken for, The after market gears we were trying to use (because the casting was so nice) will not work due to the angles cast into them, the ones that are rough factory cast seem to work best. So now I need to order more of that type of gear before I can make more. The castings seem to be a little different so all of them will have some differences in the finished parts, just visual mostly. In some cases you can see some of the original casting marks but it is just cosmetic.

I was going to make the steel versions with holes to reduce weight but with the aluminum they weigh 3 oz less than factory with no added holes. So I am not planning on adding additional holes.

I will try to get pictures up with the timing marks engraved in the next couple of days.

I am ordering ten more gears and hope to have them ready in the next 2 weeks. I have 8 definite spoken for:

myself

Jon boy

Terry S

LSJ

Monty

Jimmy

Chris V

And I have several others interested if you are not listed and you want one please let me know so I can order the correct # of gears, and raw stock/ hardware.

Here are some pictures:

http://2.6liter.com/userfiles/pagemo/Cam%20gear%20002.jpg

http://2.6liter.com/userfiles/pagemo/Cam%20gear%20004.jpg

just for futures sake...

will you be makeing extras of the outer (tooth gear) for future maintenance replacment. The middle part should be good forever but as alwasy the teeth wear on the outer.

The anwser will in no way sway my intention to order just curious.

Monty

Monty I could have some extras made but I have never seen a cam gear actually worn out..

If anyone wants an extra gear(no center) for future I can include the extra gear for $65 not sure if this is really necessary though?

Scott

I am ordering ten more gears and hope to have them ready in the next 2 weeks. I have 8 definite spoken for:

myself

Jon boy

Terry S

LSJ

Monty

Jimmy

Chris V

And I have several others interested if you are not listed and you want one please let me know so I can order the correct # of gears, and raw stock/ hardware.

pagemo,

Looks great.

Put me on the list.

Thanks,

L4S

Ok I have several I can ship anytime, and 15 more will be ready to ship Monday. I do not know when I will make another batch so if you need one order it now! These are as the picture above and offer 16 degrees of total timing adjustment and come with grade 8 button head screws and vibration washers. They weigh 3 oz less than the factory and are within factory tolernaces (much better actually).

$175 includes shippping

I except Pay pal but it costs me $5 extra for each.

I will take MO or check but of coarse the check will need several extra days.

I will notify you as soon as money is received and products are shipped.

Feel free to call me @ 706-968-1947 if you have questions.

If you want them to have timing hash marks it will be an extra $15 and they are machined not laser engraved as I have not been able to get time for this yet.

Scott

squall...the adjustable timing gear is a benefit to any cam...your stock cam can be off as much as 10 degrees or so...shelby showed us that years ago. 1 or 2 degrees of cam timing can be a huge difference in hp/tq..it gives you the benefit of altering your peak power per rpm as well.