• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I met up with heron on sunday for the first time. Let me tell

you this guy is a hardcore starquest owner. One of the nicest guys I

have met. This guy knows alot. Anyway he took me for a ride(by the

way his car is very nice and fast) the suspension is truly like riding

on rails. This guy supraquest even though I don't know him does

an exc. job. I am no longer gonna order any tokicos and have him do

mine. So lets give this guy some work his prices cannot be beat.

thanks

ant

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Supra Quest;

My car will be out of storage this weekend or next.  Have you rebuilt a set of adjustable struts yet if so I should have a pair of rear ones for you to rebuild soon

Todd

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
anyone have this guys address or have someway to catch him?? shoot if he doesn't want to do the rebuilds if i can find the parts and info on it i'll do them..  that or i'll have to wait for somone to make a set up we cann use with adjustables..

For my $0.02 you're wasting your time. This guy cannot rebuild the gas charged struts. At least not recharge them. I doubt anyone does. If you'll look back on the posts, you'll see that Heron was supposed to be the test case, and he didn't know the KYB's were gas charged. As soon as the subject came up, everyone got quiet. Unless KYB or an affiliate of theirs is offering thsi service, I would be highly skeptical of anyone claiming to be able to do these - correctly. Has anyone tried to contact KYB on this issue?

FastEddie, Are you referring to KYB 8 way adjustable gas charged struts? I think not. If I am wrong, maybe you could explain how you recharge the gas. If it's soooo simple, why doesn't the service manual address it?? Don't get me wrong, if you truely can, I'll probably become a customer - along with a whole lot of others as they cost about $300 new and are only available from MItsu.

the eight way adjustables are not gas charged there is a local guy here in San Francisco that rebuilds them basicaly he gets a new seal kit and replaces the oil with what ever you want.

Exactly, even the so called "gas charged" the gas lasts maybe 1-2yrs? then its just oil based, ive rebuilt both 8ways and "gas charged" believe what you want...im the one with 40$ rebuild kits not you sooo :P

go get some crapy kybs hahah

anyways i love the opinions on here, :P

-Edward

oh yah, as for the "mitsu" units that gas leaked out over a decade ago... rubber --> gas = leak, permable, like the old helium balloon that leaks out over time...