Re: Fiberglass hoods.....

Metric-man

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thanks for doing us all a favor,   You are the man!  where would the sq community be without you.  And btw you are not the only one willing to "openly market" hoods.  The difference is my hoods will be professionally hand laid.  All these hood types, designs etc have been discussed long before you even posted.   Free enterprise is wonderful and I can undercut all your prices if I choose.  The nice thing is I can afford to lose money if I have to just to make you eat every word you type.

There is really no need to go back and forth like this. Competition is good to keep guys doing their best to offer their product. Let's try to put more effort into making our own products better, and less effort into worrying about what the competition is doing.

GP's that require some research to find out what people want, are OK.

Personally, I like the stock flat, or the cowl like Jerry's. Our wide body cars have enough body effects going on already. The more scoops, vents, and humps, etc... make it look ricey to me.

There is really no need to go back and forth like this. Competition is good to keep guys doing their best to offer their product. Let's try to put more effort into making our own products better, and less effort into worrying about what the competition is doing.  

GP's that require some research to find out what people want, are OK.  

Personally, I like the stock flat, or the cowl like Jerry's. Our wide body cars have enough body effects going on already. The more scoops, vents, and humps, etc... make it look ricey to me.

I agree 100 percent Tim C., I'm just glad we will have more then one provider of fiberglass hoods, that's awesome. And I'm sure CHC will not sell a product that he feels is inferior to anyone elses, can't wait to see the finished product.

The point of this post is your a cocky little college kid with a posting inferiority complex that needs to be put in his place.  In addition reminding you that you might end up being screwed because free enterprise due to the way you run your mouth.  I'm not concerned about hoods from someone who barely has any experience or shown any pictures himself.  I also have received pm's, emails, etc about support, big deal dude...  No one here knows you from a tree in the ground.  I'm stupid?  Maybe.  Your no so swift yourself either, think about it.

P.S. thanks for explaining your logic when doing things, this helps the world to be a better place.  Hey wait your the guy that networked several different operating systems? wow.

Whew! I'm glad that CHC was not around when I was producing hoods. FNF, calm down, it is known what your mold put out, how they look and fit. In all the years of the StarQuest there have been many false starts in the area of fiberglass hoods. It sounds like CHC will end up adding his name to that list. Wasn't there somebody that was going to produce 'glass header panels? and the rear window spoiler from that "other car" oh let's not forget the 'glass front spoiler that this other guy was making...... Nuf said..... GPN

CHC wrote:"Group Purchase" is the only forum that this would get the attention of the members here.  

Is this a "GP"? , not really.  

My reply:

Ok so you yourself have agreed that its not a GP Lets delete the thread,  

chc wrote:

Point being, if you have a problem with it, fine. You want to go else where for a custom F/G Hood, fine. DON'T BUY ONE FROM ME. And frankly, I would not care for YOUR business .

My reply :

Its Not  a GP that was my point, you agreed. There is no product , no price for a Product to be saved on by a group ,so therefore NO GP it belongs on the body work mods/ Or BULLchit forum .

ChCwrote: P.S. Don't get pissy with me simply cause you found someone tring to sell the stock spoiler for $220. If you want a deal, stick around, and you will eventually see BOTH Poly and F/G versions for half that. And modified ones sortly after. Of course, you will have to stick with "the deal" you found

My reply , whoa, all Im trying to say is that your trying real hard at selling yourself your abilities and expertise when in fact you admitted to learning this from book , Id hate to have you become an electrician and wire up peeps houses after a wild hare.

and no it was 239 he was trying to sell them for and I will get Pissy with anyone I care to thank you very much , Were calling you down off the mountain oh Mighty chC

Hail ChC he Owns with his great ideas and bragging right to the whole computer and fiberglass niche market (mad skiullz) I have (3) 83 hoods all new, a new spoiler and 2 spares, Im all set bro, , but I think the youngin's on this site ought to consider all opinions as this is still in the experimental stages, why dont you spend your spare time making the invisible product and less time defending the "Idea" because at this point thats all you have an Idea and a roll of fiberglass cloth and 0 experience , Im not buying it Ive seen too much junk On e bay , Take care. S.

damn i am always real happy when i see that i have email about this topic, because i think i am seeing some new info about it, but all i see is bullstinky posts from u two girls crying to each other. i as a consumer will buy what i want best, when it is out, so stop the whining and stop wasting time on this forum. for f***'s sake (damn censorship) why cant i say f u c k

That hood looks nice. Better than one I've seen that did not have the nice separation for the scoop, and vents. They were not squared off like stock, but rounded & smooth. Didn't look near as good as that one does. Good Job.

CHC can use this forum to figure out if he wants to do a GP later. We can't rush him into making decisions. He already said he can cut a good deal, and the number of people involved, always helps to determine those decisions. GP or not, he can see who is interested on here, for a custom product. It involves several people, and this is the Forum to get the logistics together for that.

After a certain amount of interest is stirred, most people will end up doing a better deal for a group, but we can't demand figures from him, or make him say he will cut deals for a group now. We let the GP develop into whatever it turns into. If it works out, fine, if not, then we tried to offer another custom part for our cars.

Personally, I think it would be hard for anyone to out-do the hood shown in that pic. That's as good as it gets. Maybe you guys could cooperate, and some make the stock '83 style, and some make the most popular custom style. They are all custom, but you see what I mean? Just a thought to maybe sell a lot more hoods of each, and help both of you out, and the S/Q community?

Conan's right!! The best thing you can do is prove the nasayers wrong. I think it's great that you are making an attempt at turning out some much needed custom parts. I for one appreciate the effort. Hey, you are out there trying. You are soliciting input from the members and are trying to produce a product that we want.

Don't pay any attention to these people that occassionally offer us these same products at high prices. They are coming down on you not because you aren't a "professional", it's because you are treading on "their" ground. If they had the ability to manufacture intakes, exhaust headers, cams, adjustable cam gears, etc, they would be slamming Chad, Shawn, Tim and anyone else that had the ambition to create something for these cars.

Like I said, keep it going. You are exactly what this forum needs. And if you decide that you are not going to use the cowl hood on your car, I'd be happy to provide a "test vehicle" for it! You know, to check out the fit and finish.  ;) 8)

Take care and good luck with your efforts!

Cullen

Dont give up .....thats what Scotty wants ........Get this thing rolling ...there is a market for it ........

I dont want anything , the "product" will speak for itself, be prepared for that . I could really care less.

All further posts are to be made by CHC to interested parties only, & or by interested parties ONLY!

No further discussion between the competition is to be done publicly!

Take the EGO's to Private Messages.

Thank You,

Amen, to taking the egos to private boards!!!   Now then, if these people insist on having a pi$$ing contest, remember the rule: #1 NO HANDS can be used to help your aim!  #2 If rule #1 is not observed, please wash your hands afterwards!!

CHC,

I sent you an email.

Your hood offers sounds good to me.

I have a brand new '88 spoiler in the bag I could lend you as long as there will not be any damage.  I don't think there would though.

I'm in St. Louis, so I'm pretty close.

Let me know,

Rich

I don't know if anyone has said anything about this, but the 83 style hood scoops we not functional even if you opened it up. At the spot where the inlet was, was a spot of low pressure so air would've came out before it went in. Now if you move it back further to the windshield there are areas of high pressure where air would be able to make it into the e-bay and make everything cooler. Another thing you might want to try is just to have vents like the hood on the supra in fast and the furious, that hood is very functional and allows better downforce. In my opinion there is no point to make a hood just for looks, you can make a hood both functional and attractive, so it's your choice.

I will make 2 hoods. Period. Of which none will be for general sale.

You have SVO, Shawn and scotty to thank.

I have requested Tim to delete this user name, and all my threads from the data base.

Have fun!

I will make 2 hoods. Period. Of which none will be for general sale.

You have SVO, Shawn and scotty to thank.

I have requested Tim to delete this user name, and all my threads from the data base.

Have fun!

That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.....just because someone gives you a hard time you run off???

The mature thing to do would be stop your whining make some hoods and show everybody that your a player...now your an unpredictable quiter. That is to bad...i kind of feel sorry for you.

"ADVICE"....next time perfect your product in private....then sell it in public, thats the way its supposed to be done. Shoot id love to have a cowl induction hood but nobody will make one...

Take care

Monty

• 2 weeks later...

What ever came of this?  ???

I went to the page, and it seems its coming along good?  ???

Going by some other threads, it seemed like the guy left/gave up... But the page says it's going forward?.... ??? ???

Anyone talked to this guy in a while?