Megasquirt?....Maft-t?

quest4me2

I have Delphi injectors.  Looking to add adjustable fuel regulator and a stand alone fuel controller.  Having trouble locating 1gen Maf-t.   Should I just go megasquirt?.   I have a wide band o2 sensor and guage.

Thanks!

Eric

Edited by quest4me2

Standalone is the way to go but much more expensive. A Maf Translator works great for the price point that it's in. I've had one for years without issues.

2.0L / 2.6L (SOHC) Starion / Conquest Stand Alone ecu: plug-n-play - Motocam360.com

Turbo Buick 86-87 MAF Translator & MAF Sensor Kit – Full Throttle Speed

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 8:48 PM, TexasQuest said:

Standalone is the way to go but much more expensive. A Maf Translator works great for the price point that it's in. I've had one for years without issues.

2.0L / 2.6L (SOHC) Starion / Conquest Stand Alone ecu: plug-n-play - Motocam360.com

Turbo Buick 86-87 MAF Translator & MAF Sensor Kit – Full Throttle Speed

The turbo brick version is correct?  I thought it was 1g eclipse.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2023 at 5:06 PM, quest4me2 said:

I have Delphi injectors.  Looking to add adjustable fuel regulator and a stand alone fuel controller.  Having trouble locating 1gen Maf-t.   Should I just go megasquirt?.   I have a wide band o2 sensor and guage.

Thanks!

Eric

First things first, if you're running a stockish size turbo you don't need more fuel pressure, and Delphi's don't like pressure over 45PSI they start to act strangely, stock level is about 35-38PSI.

If you're running something bigger than a Super16-G at high-ish boost (15+PSI) the MAF-T can help change the fuel curve a bit to accommodate. Use the 1G DSM (Eclipse/Talon) box with a 3" or 3.5" GM Corvette MAF sensor.

If you're going big turbo, or going with an MPI intake then yeah you need to go standalone. Megasquirt is a popular SQ option, but there are more modern options now. But I must say, for the money you'll be into to make that happen, you can swap a different motor and have more power and more options. Just my .02.