I'm new here

Steve007

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I am the original owner of a 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI. Love these cars.

I have a question:

My mechanic said my handbrake is not working because the mechanism on the rear calipers is frozen and can't be repaired. Since parts are getting harder to find, I was wondering where others are getting parts. Rock Auto is out of stock.

Thanks,

Steve

Just a few months ago I created a YouTube video on how to rebuild your rear brakes and the e-brake mechanism. I posted a link to the video on the club, but I forget where I posted it. Either the BS section or the VR. I'll see if I can find the link for you.  Also  you can still buy brake rebuild kits at Rock Auto. They only cost a few bucks.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, WhatIsIt86 said:

Thank you for this because my ebrake doesn't work either lol

I was only able to rebuild mine and make my video b/c of the documentation kev did.  If you haven't checked this thread out yet, you need to give this a read through as well.  Between this and the video, anyone should be good to go.

https://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/137131-rear-brake-caliper-assembly/

• Like 1

• 3 months later...