My next project ... rear hatch replacement

Getting closer. I was able to get the hatch installed tonight with help of my wife.  Just need to wrap up a few odds and ends.  A little hard to see the "TURBO" in this light, but it'll look good - I promise.

i409XP.jpg

Yqk9Kn.jpg

I contacted the graphics company that made my rear graphic back in '16, luckily they still had the graphic on file so I'll picking that up tomorrow.

• Like 1

It's looking good!   You will also have the piece of mind that the hatch is painted under that spoiler and less change of paint chipping at that junction line in the future.   

Picked up the new copy of the rear graphic.  It's hard to see but it's laying on the table in front of my old hatch.

B9v6qQ.jpg

Measured and marked everything out.

ezjuDl.jpg

Ran a credit card over it a few times to make sure we had good adhesion.   I increased the gap between the "N" in Starion and the "E" in ESIR b/c I felt like on my old hatch the graphic kinda all ran together and looked like one long word.  I like the spacing better this time around. 

MGQBDH.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good , love the paint color. Is the decal reflective vinyl ?

On 10/1/2022 at 9:07 AM, 860QuestTuner said:

Looking good , love the paint color. Is the decal reflective vinyl ?

Thanks.

And no, I don't believe it's reflective.  Pretty sure it's just regular old white vinyl.