VW "Clean Diesel" is A LIE!

Man VW is in DEEP, DEEP FECAL MATTER! They have been caught cheating emissions world wide!

The cliff notes version, there is no such thing as "clean diesel". Simply they installed an emissions software that only works when the car is being tested! The rest of the time its running like any other older diesel! Chugging black soot where ever it goes!

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34324772

Man, what is gonna happen to all them diesel VW's? I have always wantes one! Is this the best time to buy one? Will they be dirt cheap? Will auctions become flooded with VW diesels?

Its gonna be interesting to see. What will they do with all them brand new diesels? Auctions?

just wanna know why they (diesels) can get upwards of 75 MPG in Europe and only 35 here in the States???

emissions are a scam IMO...

just wanna know why they (diesels) can get upwards of 75 MPG in Europe and only 35 here in the States???

emissions are a scam IMO...

In a sense, yes. But keep in mind, pollution is not what it used to be. So it is working.

But, POLITICANS keep passing stricter and stricter emission laws without knowing one damn thing about how things actually work. In other words they are passings emission laws for which technology has not been invented yet.

Take California for example, strictest diesel emissions in the country. The result, all diesel equipment has become unreliable and extremely expensive to operate.

All diesel trucks, generator, tractors etc are suppsoed to be equipped with diesel emissions and by 2020 all non emissions diesels are supposed to be phased out completely!

But the diesel emissions technology has not caught up to the laws requirements. And all diesel trucks have become completely unreliable. I know companies replacing their entire diesel fleets for gasoline or propane because the diesel emissions is crazy expensive to maintain.

Edited by louswheel
  • Like 1

The 09-15 TDI's are already very expensive to maintain the updates that Vw is going to do on those cars is going to kill the reliability of the very expensive emissions components, kill the fuel economy and kill the power. We are advising customers that have those cars to not go to the dealer because they will just reflash your ecu and not give you an option. This scandal will kill diesel passenger cars in the US there will be no more produced. Of the cars Vw sells in the US i'de bet more than half are TDI's, it would not surprise me it they pull out of the U.S. market completely.

The 09-15 TDI's are already very expensive to maintain the updates that Vw is going to do on those cars is going to kill the reliability of the very expensive emissions components, kill the fuel economy and kill the power. We are advising customers that have those cars to not go to the dealer because they will just reflash your ecu and not give you an option. This scandal will kill diesel passenger cars in the US there will be no more produced. Of the cars Vw sells in the US i'de bet more than half are TDI's, it would not surprise me it they pull out of the U.S. market completely.

This is what has happened in California to diesel trucks. Brand new rigs, medium duty trucks and tractors have especially been affected this way.

New commercial diesel trucks have no power, waste more fuel and are unreliable. I know guys who have paid $140 thousand dollars for new trucks and the damn things keep breaking down.

One of my customers with new Hino and Ford medium duty trucks keep having to go in for emissions related problems. Each and every time its thousands of dollars because warranty dont cover crap.

Repo guy I know with a 2014 Ford F550 just spent $20 thousand bucks replacing diesel emissions and he was out of work 2 full weeks!

These laws are gonna bankrupt a lot of companies and independant operators. As for diesel passenger cars, VW just screwed it up for the whole market.

i love the TDI's....... lolZZZ pulling out don't always work :ph34r:

It was so egregious nobody noticed anything, emissions are rediculous and meaningless. They are in deep dodo with the greenies and feds. I don't care what the emissions are i have known people getting 50+ mpg. Isn't that what the consumers wanted?

C.A.R.B (California Air Resources Board) is the one who caught them.

Nope, it was the I.C.C.T. http://www.theicct.org/

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/24/443053672/how-a-little-lab-in-west-virginia-caught-volkswagens-big-cheat

no wv university caught it in a experiment

Interesting. 13,000 in the US? That's pretty nuts as I heard 11 million was the magic number. My coworker owns one of them (Golf TDi) and is all up in arms about it--said that they did a test on a couple random BMW diesel SUVs and they failed the emissions test as well. I wonder if there's some sort of agreement with all the diesel automakers to skirt the regulations...

And yet the ozone isn't gone and we all don't have cancer!

Take a look at a TV show or movie from the 70's filmed in LA or NYC and you can see the massive smog clouds that used to sit on top of the cities. Some emissions controls are a good thing but that's also the time when cars transitioned over to Fuel Injection and became more efficient.

That said, I haven't run a cat in a Starion in over a decade and all I want to know is, where can I buy one of these inspection fooling systems for my car? LOL

Vee Dub is in trouble. Their CEO fell on his sword and there's really no way to make these cars compliant without killing the power and pissing off all the owners. There will no doubt be a class action lawsuit and VW's days in the US market may be coming to an end.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/malykaii/Mobile%20Uploads/1001151501_zpssqstjqtx.jpg

Good news for V.A.G. owners... Y'all might need a Diesel Exaust Fluid system.

That, my friends, is the seal for the d.e.f. filter from an Isuzu diesel at work. Don't know about you, but if I had a VAG I sure would want one of those d.e.f. filter seals for my exaust pipe. Ya know?

Oh no! So I accidentally spilled some glue on the bottom of that seal. So I quickly tried to wipe it off, but rushing caused me to drop it... On to my supervisor's chair?! Its stuck! I panicked, so I quickly pushad his chair back in, shut the lights off, and left the office.
  • Like 1