how many small gas engines you got laying arround

Shelby

laying around and how do you keep them all running , I got a crap load lol

not sure if i'm what you'd call normal or not but I seem to collect things, and it seems like the things I collect all have gas engines on them lol

friends drop off things they think I could use , chain saws blowers , weed eater lawn mowers etc

most of these things do not have a lot wrong with them , most of their problems are due to the gas we get these days

what do I do with this junk ,,,,

I keep my self busy messing wth it , I don't have a lot of money to throw at this stuff but most

of the time it's not money or parts they need just tlc ,

like last week I got out some push mowers ,moma said she'd use one if I got one running to do the trimming , she hates a weed eater lol

so I took a look a what I had , 5 push mowers 4 6 hp 22"

self propelled and a 20" 4 hp

all the 6 hp mowers were from diff manufactures with diff engine covers but same pull start assys , and one top of the line VIP model with elec starter Wink

naturally that was the one I really wanted to start on , striped it down and it seemed mech sound of course the starter did nothing when powed up

but a day and 1//2 later it was working like new

the result of a weeks worth of time and tlc was I had 3 of the 6 hp mowers running and the 4 hp all it needed was a gas tank and carb cleaning

so for around $10 and time I had 4 runing mowers

and most importantly a weeks worth of exercise and not having to watch tv

everyday I spend out side working I get to walk stand up get up and down

is another day I get stronger and better , that is the reason I do it

• Like 2

Glad to hear you're up and about. I have a small assortment of non-working small engines laying around the house as well. As I'm sure some/most of us do. haha :)

I have a 49cc pocket bike I plan to build in the future. Parts for those are super cheap lol

I picked up a 125 5 spd p bike and got it running for the g-g-son , it's still a bit much for him

we have lets see , a 30cc, 50cc, pw80 , 150 cc , and a 190cc dirt bike selection

2 go-karts 6 hp , 5 or 6 4whlers small ones and 5 or so larger cc'd ones up to 500 cc

thebigger ones get expensive to repair

We found a little 110cc Loncin brand.(Chinese knock off) 4 wheeler on the side of the road. Got it fixed up for my youngest son. Just needs plastics for it now.

I guess who had it before wrecked it and their parents said ..no more kid and put it in the trash.

It runs awesome. Kid loves it. And it was free!

Other than that it's almost a full time job keeping 2 Polaris 500s and all our vehicles running. Not to mention all the lawn equipment and chainsaws , generator,ect.

Invest in some of that Stabil fuel additive it can make a difference if you let stuff sit up for a long time guys.

I just cleaned house w small engines. Had a cub cadet weed eater that had carb issues, took it apart, cleaned the carb and it ran for maybe 30 mins and would not crank back. Cleaned carb again and still no go.

Got like 3 blowers that won't run and I can not make them run for the life of me. Threw about 60-70$ at one of them and it still won't run. Finally got sick of it all and went and bought a echo weedeater w 5 yr warranty and a stihl blower w 4yr warranty.

I'm sick and tired of the same ol crap every time I want to use them they won't run.

Shelby you should look for cheap small engine machinery like that, that don't run and make that your hobby of fixing and selling. That's what I plan to do down the road when I retire to keep busy. Maybe make a couple bucks along the way. You'd be surprised what you can find in and around dumpsters even nowadays.

I've discovered Hyvee's ethanol-free 91 octane. It's all I run in my vehicles. I've also found pre-packaged fuel at the local Menards. It's about $5 a can, but 2 cans have run me all summer.

I could maybe use a good cylinder/piston for a Stihl blower, if anybody's got one laying around.

Just a quick count shows 3 Briggs 5HP engines, one weed eater engine, honda 250X engine, Honda 300EX engine, Tohotsu 340 for my old 73 Rupp Nitro, unknown push mower engine and a 2.6 on the stand. All in running order they just need to be put to use. I can't toss that kind of thing!

how many small gas engines you got laying arround

just two, and they are both 2.6's :P

lets see 3 2.6's 3 2.0's 2 6hp go-karts , 5 dirt bikes , all to gather running and not running 13 4 whlers

3 riding mowers 2 16 hp and one 20 hp , 2 44" cut and one 38" two with fac bager attments ,oh and one john deere 15 hp

38 " 2 6 hp tillers ,

one 4 hp edger ,5 blowers assort cc's , 6 weed eaters gas , 3 bat / electric weed eaters , 2 gas generators , a 5 hp and a 5k 18hp , 4 push walk behind mowers ,6 hp 22" cut

off mower engines 2 12hp , 1 16 hp twin cyl horizontal and one 20 hp twin cyl and 1 17.5 hp single cyl , one 4 hp and

2 5/6 hp . chain saws 2 running 3 not running

one 50 hp merc out board engine and one Johnson 115 hp , one merc 60 hp w/ after market 150 hp power trim and tilt

I didn't bother counting but i'm sure theres more then the normal amount of junk ,, but this stuff keeps me occupied

remember i'm 2 years behind on my projects lol and what you might do in a couple hours may take me two or 3 days but

I keep at it ;)

'

I've discovered Hyvee's ethanol-free 91 octane. It's all I run in my vehicles. I've also found pre-packaged fuel at the local Menards. It's about $5 a can, but 2 cans have run me all summer.

I could maybe use a good cylinder/piston for a Stihl blower, if anybody's got one laying around.

yea I try to remember to get the non-ethonal but when I have some one else pick up my gas they rarely buy it

Shelby you should look for cheap small engine machinery like that, that don't run and make that your hobby of fixing and selling. That's what I plan to do down the road when I retire to keep busy. Maybe make a couple bucks along the way. You'd be surprised what you can find in and around dumpsters even nowadays.

over the years I have sold a few things but it's always the same . people want a $800

mower for #50 and expect it to come with a life time warranty

well forgot to remember school is back in , , new school member this yr and all 4 of the kids come down with what ever it

was and naturally so did I

bad thing is my 02 wasn't holding like it should do , this means I have to stay on 02 machine or bottle , restricting

what I can do a lot , I have had trouble with beening overly tired for a week now , and that is more trouble then low 02

it's like walking 40 ft and feeling like you just did 4 mile walk , no fun

well didn't get a lot done this last week , did get a 90cc 4 whler running took a little bit of every thing to get it going but I did , got a 4 stroke weed eater apart to see what all it may need

got the grass cut but , weed eating will have to go to some one else , I can't hack it

• 1 month later...

shelby, love this topic as I'm a small engine nut too. got:

440cc snowmobile engine for minibike

5hp tamper

3hp tamper

3 chainsaws

2 6.5hp push mowers

snapper RER upgraded from the puke 8hp to a 15.5 hp

4hp lawn aerator

5.5hp sump pump

5hp minibike

5.5 hp pressure washer

5hp pressure washer

3hp montgomery ward brush cutter

Stihl pole saw

3 weed wackers - one has engine on trimmer head

blower

2 flymo 2-stoke hover mowers

2 3hp antique reel mowers

Dewalt 4500W generator with unknown

Honda 2000i generator

Forgot - here's my list of brands

Honda, Stihl, B&S, Wizard, Subaru/Robins, Homelite, MW, Weedeater,. Love the hondas and stihls, everything else is a pain.

Edited by modifyd

shelby, love this topic as I'm a small engine nut too. got:

440cc snowmobile engine for minibike

5hp tamper

3hp tamper

3 chainsaws

2 6.5hp push mowers

snapper RER upgraded from the puke 8hp to a 15.5 hp

4hp lawn aerator

5.5hp sump pump

5hp minibike

5.5 hp pressure washer

5hp pressure washer

3hp montgomery ward brush cutter

Stihl pole saw

3 weed wackers - one has engine on trimmer head

blower

2 flymo 2-stoke hover mowers

2 3hp antique reel mowers

Dewalt 4500W generator with unknown

Honda 2000i generator

Forgot - here's my list of brands

Honda, Stihl, B&S, Wizard, Subaru/Robins, Homelite, MW, Weedeater,. Love the hondas and stihls, everything else is a pain.

knew I couldn't be the only one lol

learned some ,,briggs and Stratton ohv engines , must have correct valve lash , the exh cam lobe has a

compression release bump on it ,, because they never upgraded the starters for the higher comp engine

design ,, if your motor turns over like the batt is weak try adjusting the valve lash