Mitsubishi Starion LS1/T56 Swap (from LS1tech.com)

NikoFab

4 cyl vers v8's , how many of you actually know why the v8 performs better

it's more tourqe in the lower rpm range , plus just having more cid

actually the 2.6 is produceing more hp per liter then the ls1 ,set up on a good mpi map

I think it boils down to one basic thing: Response and available/useable power. The V8 has it through the whole rev band and at different throttle positions, the 4cyl has to find it.

putting an outdated american pushrod engine into a nippon car is blasphemy.

argue all you want.

That is an opinion, not a fact. "I think it and therefore it is so" is not how the world works.

putting an outdated american pushrod engine into a nippon car is blasphemy.

argue all you want.

Wait, an SOHC, TBI, distributor-ignited G54B fan is complaining about the old tech in an LS motor....? The motor was brand new in '97, the only thing it shares with an SBC is the bore size.

• Like 1

That's one way to ruing a car. Put an LS in it.

That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it...although we traditionally don't try to put down fellow Starquest owners around here. I for one do everything I can to help keep these turds on the road, thus, I support anybody else that does the same. I'm also a big fan of the G54B, but props to those who make it happen outside the box. Let's keep in mind that there's a single Starquest owner out there that has been published more times than all the rest of us combined, carries corporate sponsorhsips that the rest of us would kill to have, and has done more than anyone to keep our cars from being a fleeting memory from the hair-band era. These are facts...not opinion. His profile name is Convette...and I'm trying to remember what kind of blasphemic motor he's running...oh that's right...it's an LS.

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee....

Edited by NikoFab

That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it...although we traditionally don't try to put down fellow Starquest owners around here. I for one do everything I can to help keep these turds on the road, thus, I support anybody else that does the same. I'm also a big fan of the G54B, but props to those who make it happen outside the box. Let's keep in mind that there's a single Starquest owner out there that has been published more times than all the rest of us combined, carries corporate sponsorhsips that the rest of us would kill to have, and has done more than anyone to keep our cars from being a fleeting memory from the hair-band era. These are facts...not opinion. His profile name is Convette...and I'm trying to remember what kind of blasphemic motor he's running...oh that's right...it's an LS.

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee....

True story.

Why do so many people hate pushrods? I don't understand it.

Reliability.... Is the devil! Easy smooth horsepower..... is the devil! Swaps........IS THE DEVIL!!!!

It's ruing I tell ya's.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

Why do so many people hate pushrods? I don't understand it.

I personally have always thought it was outdated engine design. But never hated them.

But one can't argue about the longevity of those push rod designed engines. The Chevy v8, talk about lasting forever. I've seen trucks with darn near 400 thousand miles on them, still original engine.

push rodZ ... i got em :P

me too bro!!

Just went through hooking up my 10lb nitrous bottle.

Starting with 100hp but can be adjusted to 250hp.

Who in their right mind would ever enjoy there ruin car sooo much???

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/jaybirdskate/z15_zpssnmm72o6.jpg

It's a tire burnin good time.....I cant lie!!!

A VQ35 ruings a 350Z, heh heh. Sounds like a 400 pound chick making engine noises through a kazoo...

Lol, yeah, very distinct sound.