Didnt know Conquest's exsisted till 4 weeks ago!

BoostedStroker

Every sense i was 14 i always went to different car shows, i have lived in Michigan and Tennessee most of my live. So needless to say in 9 years, not counting the fact i have been a mechanic for the past 5 (Diesel Tech. though) i have seen ALOT of different cars. A couple months ago i acquired a 1986 Toyota MR2 for 600 bucks, had to replace a piston so rebuilt the motor, did all the brakes, fluids, new tires etc. So in all spent another 700 in parts. I have a buddy i go to school with, he buys cars fixes them and sells them and he personally has like 8 vehicles. So i was telling him about how i got the MR2 done one day and he mentions "Oh well i have a Conquest i might want to trade you for the MR2" and my first response is "What in the hell is a Conquest?". Explained to me it was a Chrysler (Mitsubushi mostly) RWD with a POSI, Turbo 4 cylinder and a 5 speed manual. Up intell that day i never heard of one or seen one, but we got in it and took it for a drive. Immediatly i really liked the car, love the stance (car has been lowered but regardless), how it drove and of course having 14k on the motor and 25k on the trans. and 140k orignally miles was a plus. So afterwards we pulled back up to the school and i said "So when do you want to trade?" 2 days later i traded straight up for a 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI! After a couple weeks i really enjoy driving the car and really didnt understand how i NEVER even heard of it.
  • Like 1

well, well, well... congrats on getting into this little addiction we have for these cars.

I do need to take some pictures, not going to lie though the outside is in pretty rough shape, when i got it had a huge dent in the hood (now fixed), huge dent in the passenger front fender (working on fixing), front air dam is completly trashed and being held together by zip ties (drift style i guess?), both front fenders have some rust holes about 2 inches by 4 inches. Infront of both rear tires is fairly rotted out, one side the whole lower section about 10 inches long is rotted out (going to take some magic to remake that section) and a couple rust spots along the rear fenders. Its in need of a paint job big time, for now just going to fix the rust and primer the whole thing till it can be painted. Mechanically its in great shape other then a small problem when under higher boost is will missfire for a second then boost kicks back in and it will pull just fine (guessing its the vacuum advance). I owned two camaros (94 z28 and a pretty well modfied 98 z28) and was never a huge fan of the "tuner" style cars but i do like everything about these cars! Now i just need to make it atleast as fast as the diesel :lol:

Lets see some pictures!

Welcome to the addiction! I've been addicted since late '83 when I bought my first of two '84 Starion ES's.

If your Lady's body is as rusted as you have indicated, I would definitely check the frame rails to see what kind of shape they are in. Starquest's are nortorious for rusted frame rails if they have been continuously exposed to road salt. If they are badly rusted, you have some major metal fabrication to do.

I sincerely hope that they are in decient shape.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! i really appreciate the warm welcome! Yeah the curse has already started... already upgraded the brakes to slotted/cross drilled rotors, new calipers, ceramic pads, installed a aux fan, subwoofer and amp, manual boost controller, msd coil and of course all the basic fluids, filters etc. being a mechanic i do get alittle OCD when i get a new to me vehicle A new turbo is going to happen here in the next month or two and what i really love is things are ALOT cheaper in the gasoline world vs the modified diesel world (Injectors alone are $2000-$3500). The car has been lowered and the frame rails were the first thing i checked, and yeah the passenger side was COMPLETELY rotted out no metal left what so ever for about a 8" section. Already patched that up though! The other side is not nearly as bad but is getting fixed here shortly. Next step is to get started on fixing the outside rust... infront of the rear wheels is rotted out bad so i think i may end up running a dual side exit in front of the rear tires like the roush mustangs do. I do really enjoy driving it though! defiantly not the most powerful thing but the should change with a bigger turbo!

Welcome to the addiction! I've been addicted since late '83 when I bought my first of two '84 Starion ES's.

If your Lady's body is as rusted as you have indicated, I would definitely check the frame rails to see what kind of shape they are in. Starquest's are nortorious for rusted frame rails if they have been continuously exposed to road salt. If they are badly rusted, you have some major metal fabrication to do.

I sincerely hope that they are in decient shape.

For What It's Worth.

KEN