DSM Conquest/Starion?

Bills89quest

So, I've heard people call our cars a DSM which from what I have gathered is incorrect. Diamond Star Motors is not on my vin plate, so I know my car is not one, but are there any quests our there that were made by DSM? This bothers me, because I hear some say they are and some say they aren't. I don't think they are, but what's the truth? Am I right?

DSM's are the name given to the family of Mitsu cars designed with Chrysler that included the Eclipse/Talon, etc. DSM's were built in America and the "diamond/star" is the idea of the Mitsu and Chrysler logos together.. Although the Conquest was sold as a Chrysler, it's the predecessor to the DSM family and was basically a rebadged Starion, not a design collaboration per se.

our cars are true japanese car.

The starion/conquest is more of a predessor to the mighty 3000gt vr4

I sat in a 3000gtvr4 a few years ago and it had almost the same fit and feel to it.

eclipse/talon have a cheaper tin can feel to them.

it is absolutely not an old school mitsubushi eclipse. you will further confuse the unlearned. just tell them what it was. which was the mitsubishi flagship car of the 80's in the states. I would even say it is an old school vr4.

The Conquest and Starion were when Mitsubishi and Chrysler were blowing softly in each others ears before marriage. They're twins out of wedlock. Then Mitsuibshi and Chrysler married, had a family, and later on divorced.

The Conquest and Starion were when Mitsubishi and Chrysler were blowing softly in each others ears before marriage. They're twins out of wedlock. Then Mitsuibshi and Chrysler married, had a family, and later on divorced.

This is the best explanation and visual that makes sense to me

Starion was designed and built in Japan. No American influence/involvement at all.

They are Japan built but the development of the 2.6 was done with Chrysler's input (hemispherical head, etc). The other markets got the 4Gxx 2.0 based models, only the US got the 2.6 because of the belief that Americans wanted to feel more torque in a sporty car, being used to V8's. The 2.6 was also made available in a million other Chrysler platforms so that was their deal.

God this has been beaten to death! No way shape or form is our car a DSM. ONLY the Eclipse/Talon/Laser are DSM's. If it wasn't built in the Mitsubishi plant in Normal, Illinois it's NOT a DSM period.

oh so true

just like oem head bolts are not reuseable lol