A/F..readings

03CL55AMG

Today I logged some hwy miles on the quest...a/f @75mph..with the cruise engaged, were mid 15s...if the cruise gave it some gas the A/F would dip into the high 14s...during coasting the a/f would be in the high 15s to high 16s or may even touch low 17s...do theese seem normal?.

The A/F ratio that you want to be shooting for while any cruising speed is 14.7. There's a little wiggle room up to 15.0-15.2 but as long as it's not a consistent cruising ratio, then that's alright. When letting off the throttle, depending on your gauge, the A/F ratio will lean out and go 16, 17 or higher. Basically the computer cuts fuel during decel. So in other words don't worry about the ratio when you let off the gas.

Seem fine. If you are running a narrow band O2 to the factory ECU then at cruise you should see it constantly cycle between 14.3-15.5 or so, that indicates you are in "closed loop" mode and the ECU is strictly using the O2 sensor for fueling.

I am running a wide band, so those a/f that I posted are wide band numbers...seems that I read a post on this forum once where mid 15s air/fuel crusing was optimum for gas milage...but I wanted to check.

• 2 weeks later...
The factory ECU needs the narrowband signal or it will never go into closed loop, your innovate likely has a narrowband output as well as a wideband output, just hook it to the factory single wire and plug the hole if you wish.

The factory ECU needs the narrowband signal or it will never go into closed loop, your innovate likely has a narrowband output as well as a wideband output, just hook it to the factory single wire and plug the hole if you wish.

I have the AEM wideband wich has a setting where it will simulate a narrow band signal. What you are saying i could tap the narrow band wire off the gauge to the ecu 02 wire and get rid of my stock o2 sensor?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they idle rich, most motors like a little rich idle.

Not all wide band O2's have a narrow band emulation but it is fairly common. Innovate allows you to program the output for whatever you want on their old LC-1 (crappy) and new LC-2 models.