Convette

I

Nice, did you ever catch the gtr?

I could catch him in the turns and actually ran faster lap times than him this session, but as you can see...I need more power for the straights. My gopro died before the end of the session, but on our last lap, I cut a turn waaaay too early and destroyed my rear wheel on the concrete burm.. (frustrated pushing too hard to catch him) That was my last lap of the day ..lol. Still pretty happy that the old 88 can hang with $100k+ gtrs With another 100hp, I could clean floors.

It was bumpy, actually the back straight s turns was scary as hell. The video does no justice for it, but the car was literately hopping off the ground around the turn, into an off camber right hander... so scary.

Edited by Convette

Boost that LS homie and you will be making mince meat outta them $100k+ "Supercars" all day, every day. You don't have to boost it crazy. 8-10 lbs would put you way over the top. Either way, Never been a G54 built that could make that power that reliably and take that much abuse for that length of time. Awesome video.

BC_99

Hey John how about some bigger brakes to stop later?

We went to Willow Springs after all, wish you could have been there. I got to drive my friends 700+ hp GTR. The acceleration is just bananas!

Maybe an agressive cam and aftermarket heads? To keep that LS naturally aspirated.

I thought this was a video of you driving to work till i read the thread title, on and past the limit as ever mang and the GTR's are super , super quick and i speak from experience having been allowed to drive one recently however your words 'built not bought'came to mind as always , ya need more power dood and more of Churches chicken. Edited by SOTTY

Thanks guys! I'm just doing what it does. lol Such a different car now with these wheels and tires.. The grip is f---in ridiculous. But I have a lot of learning to do with the extra width, thats for sure.

Boost that LS homie and you will be making mince meat outta them $100k+ "Supercars" all day, every day. You don't have to boost it crazy. 8-10 lbs would put you way over the top. Either way, Never been a G54 built that could make that power that reliably and take that much abuse for that length of time. Awesome video.

BC_99

Ahh I know... Dont want to add the weight and the heat from a turbo. Looking into heads, cam, intake as we speak. Will def need more to take out the high hp cars in vegas.

Hey John how about some bigger brakes to stop later?

We went to Willow Springs after all, wish you could have been there. I got to drive my friends 700+ hp GTR. The acceleration is just bananas!

Maybe an agressive cam and aftermarket heads? To keep that LS naturally aspirated.

Like we talked about, I'm looking into it.. The problem is, I can lock up with the brakes I have now, if you over brake the tires, it doesnt matter how awesome the brakes are... Def something I'm looking into though.

I thought this was a video of you driving to work till i read the thread title, on and past the limit as ever mang and the GTR's are super , super quick and i speak from experience having been allowed to drive one recently however your words 'built not bought'came to mind as always , ya need more power dood and more of Churches chicken.

More Churches chicken... yes thats def what I need! haha. Cant wait to smash some cold ones in vegas with you guys!

To bad that GTR handles the straights so well.Maybe a banana up his tailpipe?

haha something like that!

I got an autox video I'm working on.. just not done yet. Stupid movie maker keeps shutting down on my pc....makes it super frustrating to do anything.

So your driving looks very fluid now, it does not look like you are fighting with the car as much as in the past. You seem calm cool and collected not like your pushing it at the edge and fighting to keep on track. Could be getting to be one with the car and could be improvements adjustments to car.

I don't think breaking is an issue, it looks like you were able to break very light but also sounds like you are using allot more motor then you would like to slow her down too.

I also notices there is little to no wheels squealing around the corners.

It still needs more power. That GTR pulled away like mad, way more then you could ever hope to make up in the corners. Just slap a S/C / turbo on that baby already. The wight is not a factor.

Guessing that was practice as windows are open. Hope you run with them closed for real to save on ero. and drag. Can you use the side vents to vent directly into you to keep you cooler? Have you though about ditching the rest of the inside of the car to save weight or are there rules on that?

So your driving looks very fluid now, it does not look like you are fighting with the car as much as in the past. You seem calm cool and collected not like your pushing it at the edge and fighting to keep on track. Could be getting to be one with the car and could be improvements adjustments to car.

I don't think breaking is an issue, it looks like you were able to break very light but also sounds like you are using allot more motor then you would like to slow her down too.

I also notices there is little to no wheels squealing around the corners.

It still needs more power. That GTR pulled away like mad, way more then you could ever hope to make up in the corners. Just slap a S/C / turbo on that baby already. The wight is not a factor.

Guessing that was practice as windows are open. Hope you run with them closed for real to save on ero. and drag. Can you use the side vents to vent directly into you to keep you cooler? Have you though about ditching the rest of the inside of the car to save weight or are there rules on that?

Yeah definitely getting smoother. I kept telling myself smooth is fast. Drama = slow lap times. This was all out, no practice. Your never allowed to run with windows up anywhere, far too dangerous. There's a few areas where I plan on losing weight, but it's still very much a street car, plus my interior weighs like 20lbs.

Yeah definitely getting smoother. I kept telling myself smooth is fast. Drama = slow lap times. This was all out, no practice. Your never allowed to run with windows up anywhere, far too dangerous. There's a few areas where I plan on losing weight, but it's still very much a street car, plus my interior weighs like 20lbs.

Well good job your doing it. You look noticeably smoother in this video. And very confident into the turns. Fast in, smooth though, and fast out. You have become a very good driver. Keep making us proud.

One word... Fricking Awesome. ok so it was 2. Still Awesome!!!!

Way to go John. Keep em on their toes...