Convette

Well good job your doing it. You look noticeably smoother in this video. And very confident into the turns. Fast in, smooth though, and fast out. You have become a very good driver. Keep making us proud.

Thanks man. Got a long way to go, but I'm gettting there.

One word... Fricking Awesome. ok so it was 2. Still Awesome!!!!

Way to go John. Keep em on their toes...

Haha Thanks!

More vids Yo and pics of rim carnage Rubber side down Dude... Awesome car.... Real for sure.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2242_zps7fnzgzo2.jpg

yeah not awesome, luckily it didnt hurt the tire...expensive mistake from being to aggressive.

Great stuff. Doing for real what most of us do/did on video games. Making SQs known & respected too - which is big.

Haha, I still play my fair share of video games... helps me learn the tracks!

Thanks man. Got a long way to go, but I'm gettting there.

Haha Thanks

It was noticeable in this video. Things I noticed. Gear changes, nice smooth easy, hands not flying around. Before it was like you were just jamming it in gear as fast as possible and flying your hand back to the wheel like you were expecting the car to get away from you.

The wheel movement, nice genital guiding it around, even when it seemed like ruff spots in the track you just held and looked where you wanted her to go.

Really hitting the entrance apex and exits and using all the track and then some (looking like a real pro there now)

Down shifts and using the whole RPM range and keeping it up much higher into turn, and faster out of turn then.

Your never allowed to run with windows up anywhere, far too dangerous. There's a few areas where I plan on losing weight, but it's still very much a street car, plus my interior weighs like 20lbs.

Maybe some plexi rear 1/4 windows with vents in them to let that trapped air out, drop some weight too. Looks great as usual. Would love to see a Luguna Seca vid like this one, hint hint! I also hear they are making a reality show out of the series, would be cool to see some behind the scenes on the red monster on TV.

If you keep getting crashes while editing video, you could probably use some more RAM or a better video card in that box assuming everything else is working normally... Some programs also handle memory use better than others.

Edited by Fuze

John I have never said much about you or your car but it's time I did

I'm very impressed about your drive and determination to finish the project at all costs ,, and your thinking out side

the box many times has been expellant , your a true Gear Head , you remind me of my generation , we also had to think

out side the box cause the guy in the next lane had money behind him all we had was our mind, imagination and determination to do the best we could do with what we had

so congratulation's and many kodo's to you , job well done

I have from the start been surprised at the cars ability to out perform cars way more expensive then it and even

cars that the engine came out of you stomp on :) ,, there has to be more to this combination then just luck

in my younger days of raceing I was fortunate to find a special car my self a 68 Road Runner that with many many hours of TLC was running 2.5 sec faster then it's exact mate with matching parts and same set up , except for my tuning

I was able to take this stock car normaly running high 13's and low 14's to mid 11's with all the parts it came with

and with out headers

hope your success continues and you have fun doing it

• 2 weeks later...

Fuze:

I thought about doing the lexan windows, but want to keep it more streetcar and stick with glass. I will also lose points for stuff like that int he show portion of these events. I have some video from laguna, usually by the time I start running fast lap times is when all the go pros are dead. lol. idk whats up with my laptop, its junk and I need a new one. lol

Shelby:

Thanks so much for our kind reply. I cant believe 15 years ago I was talking to you on instant messenger asking you why my car was running like crap...lol The car and I have evolved a bit since then. Its true, watching guys that have over 100k easy into their car get stomped by my garage built beater gives me tons of satisfaction. Unfortunately I'm getting close to the point of needing a big money motor if I want to take the car to the next level. I'm going to do what I can with the money I have for the next big race and see what happens. Either way SEMA is going to be a blast. I know now what it takes to win, if I don't get there this year, it will be next for sure.

Fuze:

I thought about doing the lexan windows, but want to keep it more streetcar and stick with glass. I will also lose points for stuff like that int he show portion of these events. I have some video from laguna, usually by the time I start running fast lap times is when all the go pros are dead. lol. idk whats up with my laptop, its junk and I need a new one. lol

Shelby:

Thanks so much for our kind reply. I cant believe 15 years ago I was talking to you on instant messenger asking you why my car was running like crap...lol The car and I have evolved a bit since then. Its true, watching guys that have over 100k easy into their car get stomped by my garage built beater gives me tons of satisfaction. Unfortunately I'm getting close to the point of needing a big money motor if I want to take the car to the next level. I'm going to do what I can with the money I have for the next big race and see what happens. Either way SEMA is going to be a blast. I know now what it takes to win, if I don't get there this year, it will be next for sure.

Fuze:

I have some video from laguna, usually by the time I start running fast lap times is when all the go pros are dead. lol. idk whats up with my laptop, its junk and I need a new one. lol

Ahhhh. There's a couple options for better batteries for the GoPros, check out Blacks Powerpack or the OEM BacPack batteries, they last way longer. None of this stuff is free but hey, maybe sponsorship isn't out of the question with the exposure you've been getting...?

I hate to give Apple Mac's credit but they are great for quick and dirty video edits. Even an older one, 5 years or so old will still do the trick with ease.

Peace

• 2 months later...