Starting the KongQuest. LS Powered Convette Inspired Beast

autotr8er2

Any particular reason for going driver high to passenger low on the diag brace? Most run them the opposite way to give more helmet clearance.

If by chance I land on the roof, I want to ensure any collapse / energy absorption will occur on the other side of the car. It's also set at a 45 degree angle. Optimum angle for strength.

Edited by autotr8er2

They are comfortable as well.

So the next steps....

1. re-engineer the drive-line mounting points. Having to flip the bolt (which are welded in) and nut arrangement. The nuts will be welded to the frame and the bolts will be securing the drive-line.

2. Install the floor. Using 3/4" aluminum honeycomb for the flooring material. This will be secured by adhesive and rivets. Crossmembers will be installed for strength and to secure the seats.

3. Install the pedals and Steering column (get the position right)

4. Install the seats. (get the position right)

5. Finish the Roll cage. (Fabrication & paint)

6. Fabricate Rear shock mounts and Install/Test.

7. Fabricate Front shock mounts -

7 a. Order what I need

7 b. Install

8. Weld body to the frame

Finally a roller!!!

9. Run brake lines

10. Finish Modifying the front fenders

11. Modify the Rear Fenders

12. Fabricate the Firewall - need to make room for the A/C

13. Fabricate the wheel wells/inner fenders/tubs (Front & Rear)

14. Wiring for the Engine/Transmission (computer) -

14 a. Fuel system install/plumbing.

14 b. Get her fired up. Whoot!

15. Install the Hydroboost brake system

16. Interior - (big list)

17. Fabricate the over-fenders

18. Electrical (Wiring)

19. Glass (new windshield)

20. Paint.

21. Shred tires.

Phew! I'm still not done.

Edited by autotr8er2

Looking at those pictures I'm really curious, how the hell do you weld those tubes fully if you don't have the ability to lift the body away from them like you do? Do they just make enough space to get the welder in there?

Not sure if you ever got the answer. but anyway what you do is . drill a 3" hole in the floor with i hole saw right were the hoop sits. be careful of gas and brake lines under the car. Now the metal plates slide on top of the hole you drilled .Tac weld your cage slide out plates and drop cage down. Now weld the tops.Slide up slide in plates weld plates. Job done.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...