Starting the KongQuest. LS Powered Convette Inspired Beast

autotr8er2

Still not sure why you dont eliminate the lower bracket, mount the rotation link lower on the frame rail, this brings it inboard more, solves the bending arm problem...done..? honeslty man, even if the bar was solid, any bend in a tube drastically weakens it.

+1 to Convette, I am a mechanical engineer and I strongly agree with his suggestions here. I don't really like anything about your current pushrod setup from a structural integrity point of view, the load paths are too complicated and there are unnecessary moments everywhere. This setup is not safe for use. Period.

Edit: I take that back, you at least have your rocker arm mount in double shear. Put the rocker mount on the frame rail, you may have to remake your rockers to achieve a desirable motion ratio.

Edited by D-VO

Still not sure why you dont eliminate the lower bracket, mount the rotation link lower on the frame rail, this brings it inboard more, solves the bending arm problem...done..? honeslty man, even if the bar was solid, any bend in a tube drastically weakens it.

I've given it a lot of thought. I agree, to make it strong enough to not bend will require a heavier link. Don't want to do that. It'll add to the unsprung weight.

+1 to Convette, I am a mechanical engineer and I strongly agree with his suggestions here. I don't really like anything about your current pushrod setup from a structural integrity point of view, the load paths are too complicated and there are unnecessary moments everywhere. This setup is not safe for use. Period.

Edit: I take that back, you at least have your rocker arm mount in double shear. Put the rocker mount on the frame rail, you may have to remake your rockers to achieve a desirable motion ratio.

I'm sure it looks hokey but I'm confident it would have worked. Course, I don't like hokey looking stuff, either. There'll be a design change. I have to get the suspension where I can get a rolling chassis for now. I have something in mind already. So it will be different. I appreciate the input guys.

Richard

Dude awesome work. What about using some Block fill to fill in the bent tube? That could strengthen it. You could just fill it to right above the bend.

I plan on doing that to my pocket bike to make the frame stronger.

Edited by Turbo Cary

Dude awesome work. What about using some Block fill to fill in the bent tube? That could strengthen it. You could just fill it to right above the bend.

I plan on doing that to my pocket bike to make the frame stronger.

That is plan B.2. LOL I thought about using a logo themed brace. Great thinking. I'm still a long way from finalizing the design. Things are going to move slow here in a week. I'll be traveling to Brazil for a week. Hope to find some car culture.

Then SEMA!!! I'm sure to get some great inspiration there.

Again, I appreciate all the feedback i get here. It keeps me motivated.

had some fun with that picture (2.68KB maximum for images is ridiculously low)

You can upload the pic to photo bucket and paste the link here. I just noticed you did some work on it. I didn't notice it till now. So you still have it?

It's going to be unique! Haven't quite figured out the fenders. I'll get the mechanics of the drive line and the a form follows function with a twist of awesome styling. I'll try to keep the look of the original lines of the car. It's what I love best. Edited by autotr8er2