John/Convette SEMA/Optima Ultimate Street Car challenge, 2013 this Saturday 9 th Nov

SOTTY

John, "Ahhh Grasshopper... be one w/ the car"... & "take it 2'em!" Be U, relax, press it & drive like you always do! Best Wishes, & the Best of Luck! Wish I was there to "Root" fer'ya!!! ;)

Thanks so much for all the support guys. Scotty and Val especially for being amazing hosts for my wife and I. This week has been exhausting to say the least. We've met a lot of amazing contacts, and should be well set up for next year. This event is going to be amazing for us and our cars. I can't wait and will keep you posted. It will be televised on mav tv, (they've taken over a lot of speeds old shows).. I will let you know when. The show has been great, ppl love it as always. Another dream come true with my old 88. It's been tough for us for sure, but can not wait to get on the track and kick some rich dude butt. Pics to follow.
  • Like 1

It's been tough for us for sure, but can not wait to get on the track and kick some rich dude butt. Pics to follow.

That's what I love the most. Reminds me of my mom. She had a 69 cougar and would drag race any richy kid in daddys car she saw.

Same here, when I used to auto-x the Green car. That thing looked like butt but I would beet the rich kids in thier vets and beamers by 10+ seconds, the look on thier faces was priceless. John, you have taken that "look" to a national level, thats freaking awesome! \

give em hell1

Just seen one ESPN2 live from SEMA GWRC or what ever it is called. But didn't see anything on there site.

Did find this online though

Filming Will Be In Progress At The Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational Event Please be aware in advance that by entering this Event you consent to your voice and likeness being filmed. You also consent to your voice and likeness being used without compensation for exploitation on television and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity.

But still can't find if anyone if going to air it..

SEMA is over now peeps , the "built not bought'' 88 is now back in the trailer and a tired John and Tara are now heading up to Pahrump for the Optima challenge tomorrow morning, John won't be getting much sleep either as all cars have to be at the track at the anti-social hour of 5 a.m :blink: , he's got some serious competition but as he said earlier he gonna kick some rich guy / full team support butt ! ,Vegas SQ parts support consists of a 88/89 diff and a spare 6 bolt driveshaft with 99,000 miles on em and a box of bushings i had on the shelf and a twelve pack of Miller lite to celebrate with later in the evening , best of luck John ! :) Edited by SOTTY

SEMA is over now peeps , the "built not bought'' 88 is now back in the trailer and a tired John and Tara are now heading up to Pahrump for the Optima challenge tomorrow morning, John won't be getting much sleep either as all cars have to be at the track at the anti-social hour of 5 a.m :blink: , he's got some serious competition but as he said earlier he gonna kick some rich guy / full team support butt ! ,Vegas SQ parts support consists of a 88/89 diff and a spare 6 bolt driveshaft with 99,000 and a box of bushings i had on the shelf and a twelve pack of Miller lite to celebrate with later in the evening , best of luck John ! :)

That's a very unfriendly time schedule! I think both the car and John willl need some high octane.

What a week! I'll post a real update tomorrow, tons of pics to go through. Finally made it home and we are beat! Thanks for all the support guys especially Scotty and Val, and the guys that came out for the event. Thanks for the videos Alex!