***FEELER*** H4 headlight HID plus Headlight Conversion & H3 HID Fog Light Kits

Conquestech

Just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest. I know I haven't been on this forum for a long time but I am certainly not new to these vehicle and have been in the background on this forum for a while. I have purchased a few things from various members recently the most expensive being fishfud's restored red 87 quest. I am daily driving her as I work on my Gold 87 Multiport project. Just giving you guys a little info about me.

Anyway I have an account with a leading supplier of HID kits that come with lifetime warranty on bulbs and ballasts. These aren't the cheesy kits on ebay they are a quality product that I have been using for over 7 years.

Price would be $50.00 per HID kit shipped. Colors range from 3k - 12k and ballast would be a slim 35 watt. Add $10.00 if you wanted to upgrade to a 55w ballast. Add $20.00 if you want Hi/lo dual bulb (regular bulb would just be low beam so you would lose the High beam). Add $55.00 if you want sealed beam headlight conversion. Let me know if there is any interest.

To clarify :

Any HID Kit 35w ballast - $50.00 shipped, HID Kit 55w ballast - $60 shipped

7" x 6" headlight conversion with 35W ballast kit - $105 shipped

7" x 6" headlight conversion with 35W ballast kit & hi/lo - $125 shipped

7" x 6" headlight conversion with 55w ballast kit - $115 shipped

7" x 6" headlight conversion with 55w ballast kit & hi/lo - $135 shipped

Any 35w ballast HID Kit with Hi/Low feature - $75.00 shipped

Any 55w ballast HID Kit with Hi/Low - $80.00 shipped

The Headlight conversion is a quality alternative based off the Hella design specifically for HID kits. They feature a flat cutoff on top of the beam pattern to ensure controlled lighting (not blinding on coming traffic).

Note: The hi/low bulbs do not get brighter when high beams are applied. These kits contain an extra wiring harness and the bulbs contain a magnetic base that when energized plunge the bulb slightly forward so that the HID beam projects higher and further allowing the extra visibility needed in high beam situations.

35 Watt ballasts produce approx. 100% more light than factory (measured in lumens)

55 Watt produce 40% more than the 35 watt (measured in lumens)

Colors: 3000k is yellow, 5000k (35 watt) & 6000k (55 watt) are white, and 12k purple (kelvin heat scale)

I am in contact with company to try and get even lower prices but I need to see what kind of interest if any. I know there are many products out there and some at cheaper prices but none of better quality.

Ok guys. I have had a little interest In the post but more interest pm'd to me. I will be taking orders over the next few weeks. Once I place the order it takes a week and half to 2 weeks before I receive the kits then I will in turn ship them to you. Just to give you all a time frame. If you would like to get in on my next order please send Paypal payment to warfieldauto@comcast.net I will take orders over the next few weeks then place one large order and ship them out after I receive them. I will try and answer any questions you have in the post or in a PM.

Some food for thought. I am offering these as an aftermarket lighting upgrade for any vehicle which does not have factory HID's. Both myself and all of my techs have them on all of our personal vehicles and our family members vehicles as well. That being said i will speak of what i know about HID's from being an installer of these kits fir many years and a state inspector in Maryland. Aftermarket hid kits fail a md state inspection if not factory installed because HID's are supposed to be used in conjunction with a self leveling style of headlight assembly. Now as far as using a projector style of lense what I have found is the projector style of headlight assemblies actually lessen the brightness of the hid kit which goes against the whole purpose of getting the brighter lights. To answer the comment of these conversion housings being the opposite of Hella I must say I disagree. Look on JEGS or any other parts website selling a 7"x6" hella conversion (over $200 for the set) and you will see these are more than comparable. Are these a factory self leveling kit that would cost 1500 per self leveling housing, another $800-$1000 for factory style ballast and bulbs? No they are not. They are however a high quality alternative for our vehicles that were out of production years before HID's were ever thought of. I have sold and installed over 300 sets of these and not one complaint!!!!!! Everyone loves them and can't believe the difference in visibility. It is literally night and day! Can you blind on coming traffic with these? Yes! Can you blind on coming traffic with your factory beams if not adjusted properly? Yes! So install them and properly adjust your lights with a headlight aligner and you will be fine! I'm obviously not here trying to get rich (as evidenced by the offered prices) or sell you guys some junk. I am offering the kits because many here have helped me with my quests even before me becoming a member and I would like to give back to a great group of guys that have the same interests as myself in vehicles that are becoming extinct and harder and harder to find quality parts for. I will even go as far to say that if you are not happy with the HID's, ship them back to me and I will give you a refund if you are not happy with the product.

Some food for thought. I am offering these as an aftermarket lighting upgrade for any vehicle which does not have factory HID's. Both myself and all of my techs have them on all of our personal vehicles and our family members vehicles as well. That being said i will speak of what i know about HID's from being an installer of these kits fir many years and a state inspector in Maryland. Aftermarket hid kits fail a md state inspection if not factory installed because HID's are supposed to be used in conjunction with a self leveling style of headlight assembly. Now as far as using a projector style of lense what I have found is the projector style of headlight assemblies actually lessen the brightness of the hid kit which goes against the whole purpose of getting the brighter lights. To answer the comment of these conversion housings being the opposite of Hella I must say I disagree. Look on JEGS or any other parts website selling a 7"x6" hella conversion (over $200 for the set) and you will see these are more than comparable. Are these a factory self leveling kit that would cost 1500 per self leveling housing, another $800-$1000 for factory style ballast and bulbs? No they are not. They are however a high quality alternative for our vehicles that were out of production years before HID's were ever thought of. I have sold and installed over 300 sets of these and not one complaint!!!!!! Everyone loves them and can't believe the difference in visibility. It is literally night and day! Can you blind on coming traffic with these? Yes! Can you blind on coming traffic with your factory beams if not adjusted properly? Yes! So install them and properly adjust your lights with a headlight aligner and you will be fine! I'm obviously not here trying to get rich (as evidenced by the offered prices) or sell you guys some junk. I am offering the kits because many here have helped me with my quests even before me becoming a member and I would like to give back to a great group of guys that have the same interests as myself in vehicles that are becoming extinct and harder and harder to find quality parts for. I will even go as far to say that if you are not happy with the HID's, ship them back to me and I will give you a refund if you are not happy with the product.

I'm just saying they are the opposite, and because of that not dot

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$(KGrHqV,!jME5,5zMmftBOg+9WWsSg~~60_3.JPG?set_id=8800005007

http://pbr1333.photobucket.com/albums/w639/conquestech/6054HalogenLamp_fs_zps0aae174a.gif?t=1373837574

Ahhhhhh! I guess I misunderstood of what you were saying. I will check on the DOT. I can say that using these I have not had any issues where people were given Repair orders from officers of the law here in MD. And Maryland is definitely veryjz when it comes to vehicle inspections and aftermarket accessories.

like to know about the fog light setup, cannot picture how it plugs in to turn on n off.

can you let me know how the setups connections work?

Connects to the standard connection from the socket. Turns on like this regular bulb. Unless this kit is different

not to be a Bozo but doesnt the stock fog light have 1 wire plug in

to the bulb and the bulb grounds to the bracket it mounts in?

what am i missing? or am i over thinking this?

Edited by importwarrior

not to be a Bozo but doesnt the stock fog light have 1 wire plug in

to the bulb and the bulb grounds to the bracket it mounts in?

what am i missing? or am i over thinking this?

it does, however the "ground" is a wire that attaches to the housing, when you install the fogs, instead of being attached to the housing, you attach it to the harness (has a female end on it)

I like the hid fogs but I'm 99.9% there going to melt the houseing. Some cheep 45W H3's will melt the housing, let alone something like 110W PIAA's or a HID. Or have you tested them in our fog housing. How about with the clear lenses justpaus made? Edited by jszucs

I like the hid fogs but I'm 99.9% there going to melt the houseing. Some cheep 45W H3's will melt the housing, let alone something like 110W PIAA's or a HID. Or have you tested them in our fog housing. How about with the clear lenses justpaus made?

Most fog hid are 35w, also I ran a white set in my last car non stop (at night) for 4 months before I sold the car, no melting

I have not tested these In the fog housing on the quest personally. I have had them in many other vehicle fog housings and no issues. I would not recommend the 55w in the fogs because they do get hotter. Buddy of mine has had the 35 watt in a quest for over a year and no issues with stock housing.

There is no way that those housings will have the proper low beam cut-off if they are made for H4 bulbs, they don't even have a glare shield...

In a housing designed for a halogen bulb (H4) the shape of the reflector and the design of the fresnel lens work together to aim the light into a cut-off pattern on low beams. Everything about the beam pattern hinges around where the filament is located. The edge of the glowing filament creates the cut-off pattern when aimed out the reflector and lens. When you change the light source size and placement you also change how the light is aimed because the reflector/lens combo hasn't been redesigned to work with the new light source. The aim is determined by the placement and size of the filament, and the glowing filament's edge is the center point by which the aim is designed into the housing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Headlight_reflector_optics_schematic.png

HID's use a completely different way to control the beam pattern. The "shielding" shown in the pic is a flap that drops out of the way to make a full high beam pattern. When it's up it creates the low beam cut-off. A solenoid controls the position of the flap. The aim/shape of the low beam cut-off is not determined by the size or placement of the light source- the edge of the flap blocks off a section of the reflector's light.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/hid_projector.jpg

When you understand these two diagrams it becomes obvious that it's impossible to change the size and placement of light source in a housing without changing the aim and increasing glare. HID's have a huge light source compared to the small filament in a halogen bulb. Drop in's also lose the high/low beam feature because there is only one filament and no flap/solenoid to control the light beam.

Halogen bulb on top (note the small filament) vs HID bulb on bottom. The whole HID bulb glows when lit- there's no way a halogen housing can aim the light coming from such a large light source.

http://hidlightreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/hid_bulb_halogen_bulb.jpg

If your light pattern isn't sharply cut off above eye-level, than you're causing unnecessary glare for oncoming drivers. Regular halogen bulbs/housings can get away with less of a sharp cut off since they're not as bright, but the intensity of HID's makes the cut off necessary to minimize glare to a reasonable level.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7927/08hid.jpg

I'm not trying to throw a kink in your sales, but lights are a SAFETY item, not just something that's cool to upgrade and look pretty. REAL headlight upgrades keep and enhance the low beam cut off so that oncoming traffic isn't blinded, and your headlights emit a USEABLE light pattern that helps you see better... instead of scattering light everywhere, unaimed. HID's need projectors to be considered a safe, responsible lighting upgrade!

All good man not worried about the sales. Like I said not tryin to make $$$ here just trying to offer an alternative. There was a lot of great info you posted and I'm sure greatly appreciated by all. Again, all I can say is I have these on a few personal vehicles and never get flashed at by on comin drivers for blinding them. Appreciate the info!