Back on the Road and Ready for Pigeon Forge

jonboyb

Finally stopped procrastinating and decided to get ready for PF2013. Threw on the D2's (never finished after starting a year ago), adjusted my lifters, and fine tuned Megasquirt a little and she's back to DD duty till PF! My painter didn't have time to get it in and I had almost decided to back out of PF but glad I got her back on the road. Nothing like listening to a SQ back and forth to work....whoosh.....rear end clatter....exhaust rattle....awesome. And no AC in 90 degree weather....LOVE IT!!!! :lol:

I'm guessing the boards are still full of Megasquirt haters....but it sat for 6 months+ uncranked. Threw in a battery and it fired immediately. First tank got me 27-28 mpg. And this car still runs firmware from when dinosaurs roamed the earth. See everyone in TN...woot!

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae29/awb1102/Gold.jpg

Edited by jonboyb

Can't wait to see all you guys again....haven't been to a SQ function in 2 years (PF2011 was my last meet). Hopefully I have life by the horns for a while. Probably only get one night up there though:(

I had asked tim_si if he was going and wanted to split a room but he isn't sure yet. I'll try to make sure I can commit 100% this coming week. Plant should be down.

You guys let me know what days you're going to be there and I'll show up for the day/night. I shall bring my new toy and my wife with me. Woot.

lol, good to hear from you jon. and as for all those ms haters, they can bite my arse. earlier this year my stable of cars all kicked the bucket. except for the ms powered quest which had proven to be the most unreliable car on earth. when everything else died it was the last on up and running. even right now its pulling daily driver duty because my truck has kicked the bucket. so anyonr who doesnt like m.s. needs to look again. and yea my firmware is from the dawn of man. dinosaurs had been gone a few days.

jimmy, braden and whoever else is heading up on friday. cregg and i areheading up on friday also. we were thinking about leaving at noon to get in a half days work, but im kinda stoked so may say screw it on the half day thing-depending on cregg. we could end up convoying w you guys.will work out details and be in touch in a few days.

Jimmy, Fanta, Braden, Grant, and others - Dad's 40th anniversary is that weekend so he'll not be attending. I think Randy and I will be leaving pre-dawn on Friday and probably driving back Saturday evening (if able...LOL)

Averse - Glad to hear ol' red is still kicking. Honestly, that car was ROCK solid reliable from day one. The only repair I ever had to make was a vacumn advance. Out of curiousity, still running the 19c with MAFT and ACT clutch?

Dmeyers - I know you sold your Valencia, but where did it end up??? I can't remember.

Edited by jonboyb

Averse - Glad to hear ol' red is still kicking. Honestly, that car was ROCK solid reliable from day one. The only repair I ever had to make was a vacumn advance. Out of curiousity, still running the 19c with MAFT and ACT clutch?

Yep. Have have had a few recurring gremlins but Sam is here in Tucson to help me out with them :) Front crank seal keeps popping loose every so often (though we hope we fixed it with a new crank pulley, as I read through the for sale post from Mazarin and he mentioned he and Dave changed it out recently before selling to me and it may have been defective). The 83 hood paint keeps cracking every couple years. Finally, I keep wrestling with keeping it running in decent temp range here in Tucson. It's a very solid car though and pulling as hard as she did when I bought it. :)

I need to quit procrastinating and drive my car. I haven't driven it since I bought my Cadillac, but need to. Me and 19c will be rolling up Friday morning as well. Can't wait!!! BTW, Dale sold his Valencia to psu_crash. See ya'll at PF13.

Chad-