Need to get New 8MM or larger Spark Plug Wires

C300

OK, i went through the forums. i use to get borg-warners for an 87 nissan V6 like recomended years ago by someone on this sight. it was perfect. last set the metal pulled out, staying on the plug. non repairable, molded on plug. complete crap. so i warrantied them and the new ones(new vendor for borg-warner) 4 are 4 inches too short. so unless i run the wires over the valve cover, they're not useable. i returned them. all the Taylor, MSD and Accells that are custom cut, crimp your self on the shelf at local stores are HEI and angled plug boots.

I need a number to order.

What wires and were to buy.

yes, i can get 7mm NGK wires.

Was running much better, and lasted better with 8mm B&G's.

way lowwer ohms.

Hope i can get an answer so i can order them on the way home from work tomarrow, thanks, C300

Oh, and i did see many saying that they couldn't believe it was hard to get wires. i saw no 8mm wires in the forum. please lock an answer in the FAQ.

Thanks. you got a box/set number ? the ones on the shelf are all HEI. the girl was clue less and the guy said something about 32 years at the parts counter. so i said get a dist. cap for the 2.6, get me a set that fits and has strait plug boots. i think he drooled on his self. said he doesn't know what sets come with what. 32 years? i reserved comment.

Need a number for the computor !

i use to get borg-warners for an 87 nissan V6 like recomended years ago by someone on this sight. it was perfect. last set the metal pulled out, staying on the plug. non repairable, molded on plug. complete crap.

The Borg-Warners I've used recently on other cars have done the same thing. 50% of them break the first time you remove them. They are really fragile.

Thanks Scotty Dont. guess I'll buy them From Summit.

psu_crash, the metal clip on the Borg-warners are hard too pull off with spark plug in hand, and vice grips on the clip. insanely hard to pull off. i pulled off the first one and it broke. the set i had was from a V6. so i got the Aviation Pros wire pullers out of my toolbox. i pulled and when it let go i cut my nuckle on the turbo heat sheild. they all ended up braking :-). NFG !

oh, the guy at Shucks told me that different plugs, Domestic N Imports, have different size ends. I miked the 67 baracuda plugs and the NGK's, they were the same. anyone ever heard this before ?

Well that is no good! I have pulled the ends out of a few NGK sets in my day. 2 in one weekend and I bought the boot pliers. No problems since. Those sound like they are crazy hard to get off. Maybe a little dielectric grease on the plugs or inside the boot to help out?

I've never heard of different size plug ends, but I'll be waiting to see what others say

Carquest plug wires. 7mm, cheap set. Buy those, they are fine, I've had them for several years, still using them and they are great. have I ever mentioned that my car makes more than normal horsepowers?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/63579_507183160678_5511080_n.jpg

ok, I have a ten year old set of 8mm B&G's, crispy. they still go on and off fine. the NASCAR edition wires are the ones THEY discontinued because of this problem. i guess since i'm not in Az. anymore so the cheepos would be fine. they do not last long in hot tail weather. 100% silicon is needed, but the rodents eat them there.

guys put dialectic grease in them. You are having dissimilar metal problems. They are welding them selfs together. Put the grease on and they will come wight off.

i dont use dialectic grease, last time i used them i had one hell of a time trying to remove the wires, because the heat baked it into glue

Well, dialectic grease is so the boot doesn't stick/melt to the ceramic plug. keeps moisture/condensation out too. i used it religiously till i moved to Az. the guy at the speed shop asked where i was from... bakes the boot on in extreem heat. that said, i use it again in Wa. saved lots of packets of it in the toolbox. ;)

I got the Taylor street thunder 52030 $28 shipped. going MPI with Ford crank trigger ign. soon. then this whole eng. setup will be a spare again.

Thanks for the info, C300

Why do you feel you need to run 8mm Spark Plug wires? Modifications installed? If so, what are they?

I run Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug wires. You can see from my mods below that they are extra added insurance for the Mallory 67,000 volt Coil and Summit Digital Capacitive Discharge Ignition box.If your car is stock, or close to it then why?

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Why do you feel you need to run 8mm Spark Plug wires? Modifications installed? If so, what are they?

I run Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug wires. You can see from my mods below that they are extra added insurance for the Mallory 67,000 volt Coil and Summit Digital Capacitive Discharge Ignition box.If your car is stock, or close to it then why?

Bill

For me the msd's are a practical choice becuase the price is so good and its a platform for a hi-power coil or a msd CD ignition box later on.

• 3 weeks later...
i bought these at autozone for 25 bucks and there should be enough for two sets. they are a points cap set, the accel part number is 3008.i added an attachment but my dumb tablet wont let it appear i guess. Edited by 87Jassic