240SX KIDS. OR AS THEY LIKE TO SAY S13 OR S14 I AM SO FED UP!!!

verde2002

I put up a set of wheels on Craigslist and included every possible detail along with photos. I listed the wheel diameter, width, offset, lug pattern, tire size, condition and all. So I get an email froma kid asking if they are available still and to text him. My ad clearly states if you see this ad then they are still available, will remove ad if sold. So I text him and say "you interested in the wheels I have for sale". He texts back yes and that is all. I wait quite a long time and text him asking if he was interested in the wheels or just wanted me to text him for the heck of it. I wish I had never text him, the questions go as follows.

What size are the wheels?

Its tells you in the ad.

Are the tires old and worn?

Condition shown and described in the ad.

Will these wheels look good on my car?

what kind of car?

I have a S14

You mean you have a 240sx? I don't know, depends on your taste. These are expensive forged wheels, if you care about looks buy a set of copycat wheels that are much cheaper.

Will the tires rub?

I don't know.

Will I need to roll my fenders?

I don't know.

Will it rub on the inside lining?

I don't know.

I finally told the kid to head down with cash and I will let him test fit them on his car. Wasted my time and as soon as I mentioned have the cash he disappeared. What annoys the hell out of me is that they refer to their car as an S13 or S14 because they changed the headlights or dropped in a turbo motor. It's still a 240sx!!! Sorry to say this but I am so done with the 240sx community. Sorry I meant to say the "Sylvia S13,S14 or maybe S15" community in general. I know there are exceptions to the rule and I have met a few in the community that are great people and have a lot of knowledge, unfortunatly the large majority of them are these idiots that care more about the fake JDM cars they have, Hellaflush or whatever other played out words that are out there.

Edited by JAinsworth
Skirting the language filter in the subject

I'm pretty sure S-13, S-14, S-15 are just the body/chassis designations, I don't think it has to do with the motors in them or the target market.

When someone asks me what kind of car I drive I tell them its a Mitsubishi Evolution, I don't tell them I drive a CT9A. I asked the kid what car is it for, a normal response would be a Nissan 240sx and not S14. I didn't ask for the chassis designation and unless you are part of that particular car community the chassis numbers dont mean anything to you. I can understand if it was something like a clutch or suspension part I was selling that was chassis specific but it is a set of wheels, they will fit many cars.

I don't understand why you don't like them stating whether it's an S13 or an S14? That's a chassis number and there is a big difference between the two

I'm selling wheels, not a chassis specific part.

OP's potential buyer sounds like anyone who's looking to buy on CL. Doesn't matter if he owns a 240 or not...

At least now the demand is high for RWD, which makes me happy, before it was all idiots with their god damn civics and e-brake drifting everywhere.

So he just text me again asking for the name brand of my wheels so he can see them online to know what they look like. wt???????????? Pics were on my listing, I even went as far as sending him pics I had found online with my wheels on his car since he had asked if they sould look good. Edited by verde2002

Every car has it's, 'stereotypical' owner. Starquests get the old men who threat these cars like they are worth 250k, and explode at the idea of anything but stock <_< . The 240 guys get the drift rat/hard parker crap. It is completely false but people still go along with these stereotypes for some reason.

I'm pretty sure S-13, S-14, S-15 are just the body/chassis designations, I don't think it has to do with the motors in them or the target market.

The engines are slightly different in each.

-Robert

So he just text me again asking for the name brand of my wheels so he can see them online to know what they look like. wt???????????? Pics were on my listing, I even went as far as sending him pics I had found online with my wheels on his car since he had asked if they sould look good.

id say "they are made by mitsubishi, for a mitsubishi car, since they were on a mitsubishi"

Thats funny. I have a neighbor down the street and he is just the same. Inquired about some car stuff on CL and then just flaked out for a week and then hit me up again after everything was sold. I would have to agree that the 240sx community or whatever those cars are... Bunch of shady flakes. At least the majority of those people I met were and are.

Then again I am pretty disappointed with anything Nissan anymore. I would like to take some timing chain tensioners of theirs that completely suck, and shove them up there ars and never waste another dime on a their products. I know that I am not alone on this. Anyone with a low miles timing chain issue will agree...

Its Nissans new timing belt! Always needs replacement or the engine eats itself one day ;)

So he just text me again asking for the name brand of my wheels so he can see them online to know what they look like. wt???????????? Pics were on my listing, I even went as far as sending him pics I had found online with my wheels on his car since he had asked if they sould look good.

Ya man, I feel your pain. But that is what its like to post anything for sale on craigslist. I swear technology has made people dumber.

I post cars for sale with like 16 pictures, huge ones that show clear details, completely describe the car and stupid people still for cell pics and questions that I have already answered in the ad itself. Burns me up.

I had one jack hole tirekickerday dreamer wishful wisher deadbeat broke arse cheap bastage send me 32 text messages on a '97 Eclipse AWD that I posted for sale. This brilliant rocket freaking scientist wasted my time just to tell he disn't have the money but was just curious!!!

I swear I wanted to pay to find this loser and beat him senseless.

People really are stupid yo.

Thats funny. I have a neighbor down the street and he is just the same. Inquired about some car stuff on CL and then just flaked out for a week and then hit me up again after everything was sold. I would have to agree that the 240sx community or whatever those cars are... Bunch of shady flakes. At least the majority of those people I met were and are.

;)

X2 ! Shady indeed !....... i to have had my share of the 240sx kiddies blowing smoke up my arse about buying Sq rims off me , they are very well informed on our wheels and know exactly what SHP 8's and 9's are , like my broham Harry i to wont sell any SQ rims of any size to any of them or give them any info on my locations.
  • Like 1

Im not sure whether Im lucky or not to have no 240's in my area. Ive seen one on the street by my house and its the typical ricer junk in progress, which is sad because I actually like how those cars look stock and not all hellaflush. I guess Im stuck with a bunch of honda civic ricer boyracers. Its funny to watch them stare when I drive by though, lol!