FULL 2JZ-GTE Swap for SQ

jonboyb

Can't believe I'm doing this but just lost my desire to do this. Don't really have a swap candidate anymore and no heart to hammer or cut the tranny tunnel in the Gold widebody. This thing is REDICULOUSLY clean across the board.

Engine was a low mileage JDM that developed a valve-stem seal leak and got a full head rebuild and bottom-end re-ring and bearing replacement. OIl pump, water pump, etc was also replaced. Toyota factory stuff not auto parts specials (and this is CRITICAL with the bearings since they are available in different "tightness" colors for 0 cut bearings). Owner was an ASCE certified shop owner not a shadetree mechanic. Block has around 50k total and 7k on the rebuild. I basically bought his totaled but drivable 240sx swapped car that he lost control and slid sideways into a pole. Car still perfectly drivable but totaled since he had only liability. Pagemo and I fit the engine and built motor mounts to use factory G54b mounts (I advise poly). It slips right in and fits as low as possible without oil pan clearance issues. Also has the correct pan for a SQ swap. R154 is low mileage and SUPER clean.

- 7k mile stock 2JZ-GTE (JDM)

- Low mileage R154

- Stock PP/ Spec disc and slave cylinder

- Custom motor mounts

- USDM 550 injectors

- Full harness and ECU

- SAFC AFCII

- Greddy BCC

- BNIB CX Racing MK3 aluminum radiator ($200)

- Authentic Greddy Intercooler (does require notching between bumper rails) ($700 kit)

- Authentic Garrett 76mm T4 turbo with .70 AR compressor and .50 AR Exhaust (It spooled like MAD and made 505 RWHP at 20 psi)(probably a $600-$700 unit)

- Authentic Tial F46 external wastegate (Still fetch $500+ new)

- XS Power downpipe and multiple sections of 3" exhaust with many O2 sensor ports

- Unknown exhaust manifold but it's HEAVY and looks perfect after 7k miles

- Custom aluminum driveshaft with Spicer yokes and 1310 U-joints (Still needs to be shortened and balanced $60) ($300 shaft)

- Custom rear torque tube flange machined by Pagemo to bolt to driveshaft.

- Tons of IC piping, etc.

- A custom tranny crossmember from 240 that will require light fabrication to fit a SQ but till final mocked up not possible.

Literally everything you could possibly need and other than shortening the driveshaft, wiring up the harness, and modding the tranny crossmember. I have WELL over $4000 in this stuff and there's tons I'm likely forgetting. As close as you can get to a 2JZ-GTE kit. I also have a Suprastore Oil Filter Relocation and Cooler Kit (http://www.suprastor...oilcoandfi.html) that is NOT included but could be for additional cost. Other than a few belts and hoses.....everything you need is right here.

Everything for $3000.....Firm.....no negotiation. I'll put it in a Yugo if need be for any less than that :lol: There's probably well over $3000 in parts before you even consider the engine or tranny.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/1305562648/gallery_4383_493_24394.jpg

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae29/awb1102/IMG_2528.jpg

Edited by jonboyb

I forgot.....the radiator WILL require some custom fitting....mainly brackets but is widely known as the best choice for this swap.

Once Scott moved to FL....I basically lost my entire garage space to complete this swap. To do it now I'd be out on the driveway which would be frowned upon by my wife and neighbors :D

We also tapped the fuel rail to accept AN fittings to get rid of all the silly banjo hardlines so an aftermarket FPR will be required.

Edited by jonboyb

Wow.....did not expect this kind of interest. I have a mailbox full to go through and headed out for the day so I'll try to sort things out and get in contact with everyone tonight.

Some quick comments....

- No trades as I am car/parts rich right now....LOL.

- The harness was wired into the 240 so there will be some labor wiring everything up.....it's not just a couple powers and grounds. I pretty much have everything identified now but still some man hours to be spent.

- Yes...this is a legitimate setup not a boat anchor :lol: I thought my price would attract a quick buyer but seems to have scared some people as the too good to be true mentality (guess I should raise the price....ha ha ha). Like I said I bought basically a complete 240 and was able to recoup a good bit of money selling wheels, brakes, VLSD diff, electronics, etc. Just trying to get close to breaking even on my expenses not make money. That being said this engine has some really nice pieces. I wish I knew the header manufacturer becuase it's certainly not an Ebay special. Thick wall and looks to be 5/8" plate. Likely took some serious $$$ to buy this manifold. Start adding in the big Tial WG, Greddy IC, and Garrett turbo and the money starts adding up quick. The only somewhat "cheesy" part on this setup is the XS Power downpipe and Frankenstein exhaust pieces.

- I also will include a cut upper radiator core support rail to the buyer. Scott and I quickly realized that the best way to do this is remove the upper core bar so you can slide the engine in and out easily. We were going to build a "bolt-in" upper bar with this. Without cutting the support.....you might as well expect banging up the engine bay paint trying to shoehorn this block in. By removing the upper core support you can also install with the tranny attached which makes life so much better.

- Parts needed to be 100% complete off the top of my head. Radiator/coolant hoses, serpentine belt, fuel lines/fittings from pump of your choice to rail, and aftermarket FPR. I also have the AC compressor but no lines so those will be custom built if you want AC.

- You will have to modify your front sway bar mount to allow clearance

- The front oil pan sump is slightly dented from being set down multiple times on the pan. I was going to tap it back out when the time came and go about my business but if you're OCD a new one is like $130 through DriftMotion.

Edited by jonboyb

Just to update......word got around that I was giving up on the project due to a lack of space to do it. My garage is already full up so it would be a driveway job :( I currently have an offer from a friend to give me a garage bay WITH LIFT to do it so the project may be back on go. Still working out logistics and what he expects in return but I have contacted the first 3 people interested (based on post/PM time). I will update...but right now I would never forgive myself if I didn't at least consider my buddy's offer.

Good for you man. If you finish it, promise us that you will put more miles on i than you did your last 2jz powered vehicle :lol:

Good for you man. If you finish it, promise us that you will put more miles on i than you did your last 2jz powered vehicle :lol:

I didn't put many miles on the Lexus but trust me.....it made up for it in miles per hour :D That car was just dumb.....setup for Texas Mile with a 3.17 or so rear and definitely enough power and aero to hit 200. And for the record....it was a 1.5JZ :P I can guarantee BatDude will never get in a car with me again...LOL.

Edited by jonboyb

Yeah man, don't burden me with having to start and finish the only Valencia project on the boards, lol.

This will be the third rendition of my Valencia car so I'm actually up a few on you :lol:

• 3 months later...

UPDATE 9/9/12

My shop fell through and the time has come for me to face the undeniable truth that there's no way for me to find the time and space for this so the whole swap is back up for sale for $3000. I am contacting the people who had expressed interest back in May (as a courtesy even though it's been 4 months) to give them first shot (Harry, BOHO, kidjc, CrazyConquest, scotty)

From there on it's first come first serve. Thanks.