Today is the day I get to move on with my life.

89PalermoSHP

I interviewed at a company yesterday that makes medical components just about 9 miles from here. I think it was the best interview Ive ever done. The place and people put me at ease about 1 minute after walking in the door. I talked to the Production Manager for about 45 minutes, the Lead Machinist for about 20, and the President/Owner of the company for about 45. I have never felt as good as I as that walking out of an interview. Well, today I got the call back and start a week from Monday! Im elated. Im only making about $.50 less than what I was, starting out with 2 weeks paid vacation, and working for a company that cares deeply about their employees. They get it, treat your people well and they will return the favor two fold. Life is great and Im hoping to get back in the game :)

Congrats man! Thats awesome.

I have a story similair to that. But my difference is i start out with three weeks vacation and am gonna be making 4 and some more an hour than where I'm at now lol.

Oh and instead of making medical stuff I'm making ammunition. Good Luck!

Great Deal man, it sure makes a big difference doesn't it? I know you and I we're unemployed during the same time period for a while. Sure glad you found something! Wish you all the best! Edited by natallica

Congrats man! Thats awesome.

I have a story similair to that. But my difference is i start out with three weeks vacation and am gonna be making 4 and some more an hour than where I'm at now lol.

Oh and instead of making medical stuff I'm making ammunition. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone, I feel like I have a new lease on life.

drifter87, tell me more about what and where you do. At the last place I worked we made a mold for a multi-position remote controlled grenade launcher for ATK.

Congratulations to you man, hope it works out good for ya!

Congrats man. I know how amazing it feels to have a future to look forward to after some hard times.

By the topic title, I thought you had sold your car... haha...

-Robert

I thought he did sell his car recently?

Chad-

Yes, unfortunately, I did sell the palermo. It is in good hands though. Selling it allowed me to take the time off i really needed to get some physical therapy under my belt. It was a very difficult decision but one that had to be made.

I really appreciate the responses. I hope to get back in the game very soon. Once I feel like Im secure in my position Ill be on the prowl. I wish I could have snagged the white 88 Starion with tan interior that was on CL a month or so back :( It looked like a screaming deal.

So Robert, when I do get another car does it have to be a palermo or will you make me change my screen name ;)