lasik surgery in thirty minutes.. NERVOUS!!!!!!

Ironside

You will be fine. I got it done twelve years ago and it was the best investment I ever made. It was a new procedure back then and I paid $4500. Now it's much less and the procedure is more improved.

You will see some cool colors during the process, almost looks like the dark side of the moon album.

• Like 1

Ok after a nap I'm feeling better. Eyes feel sandy and dry a bit, but not bad... Vision is great even through all the tears I am crying.

I'm not supposed to be on the computer but hey I said I would update.

I am seeing halos around light and a little light sensitive right now.

Ok they are burning a bit, time for another nap..

• Like 1

When I did my procedure, I was told to keep my eyes shut for the remainder of the day, so I wouldn't know what it was like immediately after the surgery. I remember eating a Chipolte burrito with my eyes closed.

Update... Doing much better today. A good night sleep makes a world of differance..

I had mine done in Greensbaro NC, Dr Shapiro, cost me 3700 total. I think the blade type is cheaper.

I have 20/20 in right and 20/15 in left.

I'm still have a little pain and scratchy feeling today but not bad. I just keep up with the drops as prescribed.

So far I am very happy with the out come and glad to be glasses free...

Just hate I can't ride the dirt bike for a month...

Now with the modern technologies, if they could find some way to fix astigmatism haha glad things went well. And yes, glasses/contacts do suck.

With lasik, they can repair with compensation for astigmatism, and fix it.

glasses and contacts do not suck :ph34r: :lol:

Yea, they do ;) I enjoy not having mine anymore.

The weird part is I still push my glasses that are not there up...

Felt weird throwing away my precription glasses away..

I believe I chimed in on the last thread you had posted.

For the following, oh I don't know, year, I could still "feel" the glasses on my nose. It's strange having something for so long, it does become a part of you. But I'm glad for the choice I made to do it.

And the blade method is cheaper, but for my money, I would not pass up the laser method.