Hey there, come here often?

SQF

Well Helloooooooooooo there.

I am bored.

Reason I am bored, I'll get to that in a moment.

Update: All five kids are great, Oldest boy cross country great at school, oldest girl lacrosse-great at school, middle boy gymnastics-great at school, littlest boy follows dad around pushing the boundaries everywhere he goes, asian wonder doing great fits is awesome although she is starting to get mouthy (its the age not anything else).

Work has been fantastic, still traveling the world yelling at people and playing with explosives.

Back to the boredom. As I mentioned years ago (AKA last time I stopped in), I commute to work on the bicycle when I can. Was the Gary Fisher the past few years and this year I bought a brand new Trek 1.5. After three years and over 7k miles I finally had my first real crash. DB traveling the same direction as I was decided to make right hand turn in front of me. He ended up with a messed up Neon. I was wearing helmet, eyepro, long sleeve shirt, cycling shorts, full finger motorcycle gloves (thank goodness for the gloves!) I ended up with road rash to face, forearms, wrists, knee, broken humerus (up at the ball portion in the shoulder), separated shoulder, rotator cuff damage and a lot of broken gear. So, I have been out of work for three weeks, out for at least another three, maybe longer. I go back to ortho at end of month to see about light duty at work and starting pt. Until then I can't move shoulder at all because bone has to set on its own. Been going crazy not being able to do anything. Cant drive, run, cycle, build, anything fun. The only saving grace is doctor gave me permission to use my elliptical at home so at least there is that. Instead of gaining 20lbs I am only up 2-3lbs in past three weeks. So, I may be popping in a bit more for the next few weeks.

Does DB starnd for "dumb unlikable woman" or is that just COP talk?

Best wishes, I have a similar story of injury/recovery posted in the mod forums. Sucks beign laid up while you got stuff to do...

Best wishes.

A Starion on Seinfeld? No freakin way! I hope it was balt blue and not silver, they are always silver. I sear there is a posted in Princess Bride with a rally Starion inn it...................

DB, it's what my kids say because they aren't allowed to repeat their father when he is describing people by naming them after feminine hygiene products...

I'm guessing the local college student with the blue Quest has graduated because I haven't seen it around town all year. Used to see it at Dunkin all the time. I've been packing some things in anticipation of moving to a bigger house and found my box of stuff. I've got a box of factory brochures, the book we (Marc still around?) had published, set of factory decals etc. Lots of stuff, in storage I even uncovered the hood from the TSI complete with heat shield that I kept when I put on the fiberglass hood from our first group purchase. memories..... (NO none of it is for sale)

well i'l be Super man can get hurt ;)

dude you need to slow down for a spell and relax , it ain't old men that have heart trouble it's those in their mid 40's working their tails off ;)

5 man that is a hand full , i can't beleave we handle'd 8 of them at one time , and she's just finding her place we have a 2.5 yr old doing the same thing , she's so posessive of her pop's (me) it ain't funny . the real challenge is not showing more attention to one then the others , i can tell from your family pics those kids are doing great

your a lucky man

just want'd to add it's great seeing your ugly mug arround here again

Thanks Shelby,

Five kids is awesome. After the third we finally figured out what the cause was. :) We would adopt once more but as my wife yells at me for saying, communist kids dont come cheap. :)

Good to see you Mike, hopefully you'll have a quick recovery. Marc is still around here and there. I saw him about mid summer when I picked up a set of rear louvers from him. He had a fiji blue automatic for some time after he sold the '83. I'm sure if you drop him a line he'll get it.

Do you still have that project Jeep? I can't remember what you ended up doing with it.

See... and people say all these "new" people make things different around here. Theres more than one 10 year member in this thread alone.

One the resto Jeep thread. I finished it, ran like a bear and was absolutely beautiful. Not as beautiful as what I sold it for though. Did I mention communist babies don't come cheap? I sold it to help fund the adoption. Hated to see it go but got a sizable amount of cash for it and it went towards a good cause. I would like to rebuild another from the ground up again. Lot of sweat and a bit of blood went into that project.

I sold the Jeep and bought an Aztek (no strangeness there). Flipped the Aztek in a snowstorm on the thruway a while back. Mr Toads wold ride for sure, it was fun only because I didn't get hurt. Now I normally ride the Trek all summer, spring and fall I ride the Enfield and I have a bad Ram 1500 for the winter months. Well, the winter months when it is too icey to take the motorcycle out. For the past three or four years I've put three times as many miles on two wheeled conveyances as I have four wheeled ones.

/thread jack

I stroke the living hell out of my 4.0 in a jeep

ran like a raped ape, had issues with valvetrain, while let it sat, dad decided to test my claims "stump puller"; combined with valvetrain/oiling issue bombarded $6k engine. this time i just took to the shop ( same one) and told the dude, well yeah I will split the bill, operator negligance is one thing, valvtrain issues should have addressed by you...got engine rebuilt w/o even looking up a single part. 200 miles later engine blows up again.... the machine shop tells me to start over ( mind you I am over 10Gs in to the engine).... yeah I am pissed, went out and bought brand new 2011 grand cheroke :).... still need to tear up the engine and address the issue myself...can't trust no shop!

but i just finished building addition ( doubling my house), kind of busy to play with jeep, heck quest is neglected for last 3 years

but good for you, i recall reading about your jeep.

/thread jack

Edited by ilber