gas tank venting

More than likely yes I was figuring on running all vents into one line and then venting that line into a breather maybe. Just wanted some ideas

you can do that, i just wouldn't park it inside after that

The charcoal can eliminates the fuel vapors while allowing air to vent back into the tank when it empties, and allows air to escape when it's filled. If it's not broke, no need to fix that. If you remove the canister, you'll have strong fuel fumes venting next to your turbo, the car will smell like fuel from outside.

Don't hack it!

The charcoal can eliminates the fuel vapors while allowing air to vent back into the tank when it empties, and allows air to escape when it's filled. If it's not broke, no need to fix that. If you remove the canister, you'll have strong fuel fumes venting next to your turbo, the car will smell like fuel from outside.

Don't hack it!

Excellent post.

Bill

Excellent post.

Bill

Thanks 308. I was on the phone with a local guy a few weeks ago and his mechanic had plugged the line to the canister. The car ran like crap and when he unscrewed the cap, it sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Fresh in my mind, lol.

If you leave the vent open your fuel can evaporate and get moisture in it. Before you decide to let the fuel tank have an open vent, which is bad in more ways than one, read what's in gas and what evaporates and its everywhere just look for summer and winter gas mixes for starters. Gas isn't cheap why would you just let it evaporate?

http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/PICS/winterGas/winterGas.html

What canister is this? Any pics?

Dan

It's the round canister down in the bottom of the engine bay under the intake aircan. There's a few hoses running in and out of it.