hey man, is that ...

i know we get it all of the time, but a dood that works in my building just walked over to the window where the banana is parked next to and asked " hey man, is that your SUPRA ? " :lol: :lol: :lol: i explained the quest and now he knows the true awesomeness that these possess :D ...he's building a 94 camaro :huh:

This new kid thats getting payed by the gov. at work said the SAME thing. I asked him if he could read. It says conquest on the hatch....what more is there to ask? <_< Poor kids a drop out and can't even sweep our shop floor. :rolleyes:

I listened to 2 guys in a truck next to me at a light.

"What is that car?"

Guy looks over...

"Thats an SX, those were pretty hardcore back in the day"

..../face palm

Oh yeah that happened today on the way back from PA

Edited by ColdScrip

I get the "944 Porsche" deal, especially at Gas Stations :mad: Then, end up spending half an hour going through the history of our cars and popping my hood to let them see the engine cause they asked to see it :D I really don't mind.....Unless i'm in a hurry to get somewhere.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Renato and I on the Vegas strip at Nats last year heard a southern chick goes "wow look at thar ferrari" her boyfriends reply "thats not a ferrari its a maserati coupe, they have a v12 and are fast" ....so much fun at nats with the halfblind drunks going "wow"...

One dude at a gas station asked if my car was an RX-7. I quickly explained to him what the car was, knowing that it is a bit of an oddity on the road and not something someone would see everyday. His response was "...So it isn't an RX-7 because it looks just like one of the older ones". :lol:

I got pulled over coming back from the Barnett-Jackson auction by a police officer. He said he ran my plates and they showed as registered to a Chrysler and he thought maybe the plates had been stolen.

I got pulled over coming back from the Barnett-Jackson auction by a police officer. He said he ran my plates and they showed as registered to a Chrysler and he thought maybe the plates had been stolen.

Thats great. :lol:

I had a similiar thing happen to me, actually. My red car was a Chrysler Conquest...but on the hatch, I put a Mitsubishi sticker. One day I was driving along, I passed a cop, and he hooked a U turn in a hurry. He got right up on me, and tailed me for a bit, then he pulled me over. He came to my window and said "License and the real registration, please?" I was like....."uuuuuhhhhhh What?" He said "Your plates are registered to a Chrysler...but this is a Mitsubishi." I then had to school the officer, how this IS a Chrysler Conquest, but it's really Japanese, and I put the sticker there. He finally understood, but he still give me a no front plate ticket. Argh.

I was leaving work today to go on my lunch break. I was walking toward my car, and the new salesman they hired yesterday was walking by and he goes "So this is YOUR Conquest!!??" Me, being a little surprised at his enthusiasm, I go "yeah, why whats up?" He goes on and on, how it's his favorite car ever, and he goes "yeah its got the 2.6L MCA-JET ECI-Turbo motor...." as soon as I heard that, I go "wow.....you seem to know a lot about this car, for never owning one. He goes "some day man, I'll find one. I gotta keep goin, I'll talk to you soon!" and he walked away. I got in my car, started it, and just sat there thinking about what he said. This dude has a huge throb for these cars...he even called the engine by it's FULL name. Hahhahahaha that was enough for me to give him a good score in my book.

Yup always get the usual "is that a surpa?" and "what the heck is it?". There are 3 other cars runnin around my neck of the woods but i rarely see them on the road. I only know where one lives it's a 89 fiji too :) then there is another white one and a flat black one.

I had a similiar thing happen to me, actually. My red car was a Chrysler Conquest...but on the hatch, I put a Mitsubishi sticker. One day I was driving along, I passed a cop, and he hooked a U turn in a hurry. He got right up on me, and tailed me for a bit, then he pulled me over. He came to my window and said "License and the real registration, please?" I was like....."uuuuuhhhhhh What?" He said "Your plates are registered to a Chrysler...but this is a Mitsubishi." I then had to school the officer, how this IS a Chrysler Conquest, but it's really Japanese, and I put the sticker there. He finally understood, but he still give me a no front plate ticket. Argh.

I was leaving work today to go on my lunch break. I was walking toward my car, and the new salesman they hired yesterday was walking by and he goes "So this is YOUR Conquest!!??" Me, being a little surprised at his enthusiasm, I go "yeah, why whats up?" He goes on and on, how it's his favorite car ever, and he goes "yeah its got the 2.6L MCA-JET ECI-Turbo motor...." as soon as I heard that, I go "wow.....you seem to know a lot about this car, for never owning one. He goes "some day man, I'll find one. I gotta keep goin, I'll talk to you soon!" and he walked away. I got in my car, started it, and just sat there thinking about what he said. This dude has a huge throb for these cars...he even called the engine by it's FULL name. Hahhahahaha that was enough for me to give him a good score in my book.

That is what you get for putting a Mitsubishi badge on a Conquest :D

Bill

i had to go thru a tittle bond process to get a clean tittle on my last conquest. when it was all said and done i ended up with a clean tittle but instead of it being listed as blue, which was initialed on the tittle as simply BL, somehow there was a mistake and it came back to show BLK, for black. i never realized this untill on my way to work one morning i pull out into traffic and there was a cop a few cars back. he promptly rides my tail and pulls me over. he comes up and wants to see mylicense and registration etc. then proceeds to check my vin. this was odd as i had never had that happen before, then he proceeds to tell me to step out and tells me that my plates dont match my car and my ins doesnt match the car or the plate. however all three pieces come back registered to me. so i go thru telling him about i owned 3 cars which all 3 happened to be 87 chrysler conquest and he just looks dumbfounded and actually calls in to verify that there was actually a chrysler conquest car made. LIKE HE DIDNT HAVE THE REG AND INS CARD IN HIS HAND. after about an hour of him screwing around he finally decides to write me a book of tickets for improper registration. driving with the wrong tag, and no proof of ins. and a couple other b.s. tickets. so i ask him what actually prompted him to pull me over and he informs me that the registration on my car says its supposed to be black and obviously my car is blue, therefore he suspected it was stolen. so about this time i was good and pissed and he had already wrote me the tickets so i was like what the frack. i lit into him and told him about how i worked in a body shop and cars got painted there every single day and some of them got painted other colors than what they were originally, and that i thought it was pretty stupid of him to assume that because a car was another color than the reg called it, and i thought he needed to wake up. he just sort of looked at me stupid then proceeds to threathen to lock me up for the items i had wrong with my ins. and impound my car.

i finally get to work around 11am and call the courts to find out what i need to do with all the tickets, and of course the lady that answers the phone happens to be a girl i went to school with and shes married to an old buddy from h.s. so she tells me the tricks around the system and when it was all done there was only one ticket i couldnt get out of. the wrong tag ticket. it costed me 40.00$ after i explained it did belong to me, just was "accidentally" on the wrong car. bet that cop got pissed.