Lost Cat and Good People

JAinsworth

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3887/11489425.jpg

O.C., the cat is an inside/outside cat. Neutered, never strays. 13 days ago, the next door neighbor had his house re-roofed and our cat was missing since then. I figured they did something to him but we walked the neighborhood everyday and put signs up all over the neighorhood offering a reward.

This Sunday the neighbor on the other side told my wife that he thought he knew where the cat may be.

His wife had gone to town, Dr. appt., shopping, etc. and stopped by her son's house. Her son heard a noise under the hood and looked to see what it was. When he looked under the car, he could see a tail coming out in the fender well behind the plastic protector. He took the tire off and removed the plastic fender well and the cat ran off.

This happened in a low income neighborhood with some condemned houses in Macon, 12 miles or so from our house. We made up signs with a pic and a reward offer and canvassed this low income neighborhood with some trepidation at first. We found the people to be friemdly, helpful, and concerned.

Monday afternoon Pam and I ride back and cruise the neighborhood calling for him...no luck. We get back home and get a call from Hahkim..sp?... that it was in his back yard. When we got there, our cat had left his yard, but he had his daughter tracking him. He called out for his daugher and she answered a few houses down the road. We walk down there and Pam calls OC and he comes running.

13 days later with the help of a lot of good people our cat was found. I laid a 100 on the finder and thanked him profusely.

Today, we went and removed all the posters we had put up and at least 20 different people inquired about finding the cat.

My wife and I learned a lot about pre-judging people just because of where they lived.

T

great story jimmy i know if one of my cats went missing misty would be freeked

also i think its great you went back and removed all the posters you put up

in my county you see yard sale postersssss from last year all over and it looks aweful

Yeah my wife and i have always had cats and we love them like part of the family. Great to hear you got yours back Jimmy.

We are about to take our neighbours family to court as they decided it would be a great idea after a night of drinking to let their pitbull dog out of the car, which they did, and it promptly ran into our backyard and attacked our lovely 6 yr old 3 legged cat.

He started to improve over the next week but unfortunately never regained feeling in his 1 rear foot, so we had no option but to put him to sleep which was very very hard on both of us.

Unfortunately we have had to pay the $3000 vets bill as well, and havn't seen a cent out of the dogs owners even though they said they would pay. The money was no issue at the time as he was a part of our family so we gave him every possible option to get better but the nerve damage was just too great.

Now im at the point where if we don't push it to recover the money, its basically like he died for nothing, so im not letting it go - one way or another the guys got to pay.

Sorry to threadjack a bit but guess it opposite end of how helpful people can be sometimes

I think its so wonderful to see how much dedication you guys have for your pets. I would've been willing to pay that amount, just to see my cat again.

And yes, I would freak if one of mine got lost. I get all kinda of crap from my family how I treat my animals. To me they are family. They have this sense about them that they know when your ill, or having a bad day. I truly believe it takes special people to appreciate the loyalty and love these animals have to give us.

Its wonderful you guys didn't give up hope! Congrats!

O.C was the name we decided on as a family. We already had a cat named Ainjo...my son's star war's name :rolleyes:

We had him for a week or so and decided on OC...he's an Orange Cat. He was also the Other Cat.

He progressed to Oscar Cornelius for his dignified name.

Jimmy

Glad that thing was found. Not sure if I could ever live life the same way without having him pouncing on me at 4am in the morning while crashing on your couch, causing me to shout and holler in absurd panic, giving Cregg and jahjah the chuckle of their lifetime.

Ahh No wonder you have been up late. Now go get some rest Jimmy.

Glad things worked out well in the end.

Dad

Nice, a good happy ending.

I rescued and found the owner of this dog after it wandered into my shop last week:

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs489.snc3/26729_10150167519760534_510230533_11992205_7253737_n.jpg

-Robert

Glad you got your cat back.

We had a stray black cat that we unofficially adopted. He was extremely friendly and loving. He was also an indoor/outdoor cat and came and went as he pleased. One day he asked to go outside and had not returned since. We were actually thinking of getting him microchipped at the time but never got the chance. We never knew what happened to him, but just hope he is at peace.

Here is Junior and out Pit Bull Ella:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DryBear/Pets/2008-05-0320-59-02DSCN0499.jpg

yes jimmy great story. my wife and i own some acreage and accept all animals the people bring to us. some times there kittens sometimes not. it is country living and well some times that is hard for our animals. people come out here and drop off there pets like "they are animals they will make it" but in reality most won't. if they have never hunted for there own food they will not make it. but they know how to begg at our back door. so we adopt them. and some times we find others homes but not very often. but what i was trying to get at also was some of the names we have given our "strays" there is taffy, p.o. (since he was pissed off all the time) muffin,zoro,mccain, obama, michele, hillary, dolamite,phantom,nappy(long haired),sprinkles, joe,moe, dingbell, ect,ect i could go on and on.

I had a stray cat once with a one bad eye... he would NEVER go inside, he'd freak out if I trapped him and brought him in. We fed him whenever he'd come by. I named him Blindy. My sisters didn't think the name was funny.

-Robert

good to hear you got your cat back jimmy. in my honest opinion(and its only my opinion) cats should either be indoor or barn type cats(outdoor all the time). my friend sometimes thinks hes one with nature and animals and makes poor decisions based upon this false believe. well one of his great ideas was to let the cats roam the neighborhood. one cat ended up scarred and with something that caused it to urinate all over their house and the other cat developed kitty lukemia from fighting another cat. to add to the stupidity he is the head of a single income household with a loaf that sits on her ... 99% of the time with their 3 yr old child. when the vet bill came to $800 i laughed and offered to "take care" of the situation myself. my cat never goes outside and i can say with confidence he is very happy and probably not missing out on anything other than fights with random animals and the diseases they would contract. im done now ;)