Happiest States?

dmyers151

well go figure New Yorkers aren't happy. Other than the counties that make up NYC and Long Island, the state is bankrupt, and we have this retarded blind gov. Patterson that is hiking up all the taxes around the state and cutting the budgets so low that nothing is being able to be taken care of up state(esp here in Buffalo). Its as if Albany only cares about NYC. I for one am moving out of this god forsaken state, I DO NOT want to give this state(or should I say NYC) any more money. If 80% of our tax dollars didnt go to NYC, people might be a little happier. I have had people tell me that I am part of the reason this state blows, cause I am moving, well you know, if the opportunities were here to make money, then people wouldnt look elsewhere in the country.

I swear I am not bitter :lol:

well go figure New Yorkers aren't happy. Other than the counties that make up NYC and Long Island, the state is bankrupt, and we have this retarded blind gov. Patterson that is hiking up all the taxes around the state and cutting the budgets so low that nothing is being able to be taken care of up state(esp here in Buffalo). Its as if Albany only cares about NYC. I for one am moving out of this god forsaken state, I DO NOT want to give this state(or should I say NYC) any more money. If 80% of our tax dollars didnt go to NYC, people might be a little happier. I have had people tell me that I am part of the reason this state blows, cause I am moving, well you know, if the opportunities were here to make money, then people wouldnt look elsewhere in the country.

I swear I am not bitter http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

There is room in colorado....See ya there

There is room in colorado....See ya there

:lol: I always got a place to stay right by Denver, my aunt was smart and got out of Buffalo and moved to CO right after college.I think she lives in Aurora, she used to, I know she bought a new place last year. Im off to NC though, I love the east side, cause you and I know its da bes side. -_-

Quiz: What is America's 51st State?

There is no 51st state. DC is not a state, it's a district. It's purposefully not a state so no state of the union houses the capital for the entire nation. We are the nation I know of that still has territories though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_territory

I saw on the news (haven't confirmed it) that the study was conducted pre-Katrina. I can see why NY is the unhappiest, I wish I could bail without losing 10 years in a 20 year retirement system. We pay taxes for everything, that is my only real complaint. I like the weather, like the scenery, love the people but paying over 35% of every dollar to the state for services that I largely don't use is killing me. Governor Dave has added taxes to even more things, now bottled water deposits (another word for tax). I agree with the governor that we need to slash the budget, however he is slashing school funding and public safety while increasing welfare benifits. No wonder people intentionally move to NY for the welfare.