Had a Break in last night

brianpaul98

This message is mainly for anyone here in the Wilmington / Raleigh North Carolina Area. I had a break in late last night and several motorcycles were stolen. Here is a list of what was taken :

1. 1983 Honda CR480

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/Stolen%20Bikes/CR480CraigslistAD_zps239e6cfb.jpg

2. 1984 Honda CR500

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/Stolen%20Bikes/84CR500Complete_zps14cdfbdc.jpg

3. 1986 Yamaha YZ80

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/Stolen%20Bikes/86YamahaYZ802_zpse6c8d730.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/Stolen%20Bikes/DSC05145_zpsfa940c28.jpg

4. 1995 Honda CR500 (RECOVERED)

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/Stolen%20Bikes/95CR5007_zpsec4908c7.jpg

5. 1999 Honda CR80

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/Stolen%20Bikes/99CR80_zps7889aac9.jpg

Craigslist Post :

http://wilmington.cr...4244560546.html

Anyone that has any information on these stolen bikes either contact me or the local Wilmington Law Enforcement 911.

Thank you in advance for the help

Brian

Edited by brianpaul98

Man that's some B....S there someone's that's been watching your every move.

It had to of been someone who knew your layout and probably been there before.

THEY CAME WITH A HUGE TRAILER OR TRUCK SOMEONE HAD TO SEE THAT.

Those bikes are right there in your community keep your ears to the ground.

I hope they catch them b..turds. I'm really sorry for your break in go over everything

and make sure your probably looking over some smaller items.

That does suck. We just had someone going through cars, checking gurage doors, checking house doors ECT. It had just snowed and we could see the tracks going from car to car and gurage and house to house. Most people leave there cars, gurages, and houses unlocked too as it's a nice area

This kind of thing disgusts me , i'm sorry man and i feel your pain , i too have recently been the victim of theft and maybe in your case as it is in mine it's someone that knows you and has been to your location in the past.

That stinks Brian, Keep an eye out on the CL adds in the Charlotte area for your stuff, and if you have any possible hits, pm or call me and I can go on another investigative mission for you like I did before. If you have any VIN's o go with the bikes that would help.

Sotty, did that situation ever get sorted out? I have been wondering about that.

BC_99

nothing as big as that but saterday I went to use my new auto flash welding helmet that I had never use'd and it was gone, had to buy a new one this morning to finesh a small job on one of the g-kids 4 whlrs,, I hate thieves

That's definately someone that knows you. They went straight for the kill. What sucks about that is that now you gonna distrust everyone that comes to your place. As well as you should, to some degree.

I've had entire engines and transmissions stollen from my shop. How in the world does someone walke away with Yukon 4x4 auto trans complete with transfer case? I don't know, but I've had it done in broad daylight.

Chances are those crooks have a specific purpose for those bikes. They may not dispose of them right away, or they already had buyers. You got insurance that will cover theft?

That stinks Brian, Keep an eye out on the CL adds in the Charlotte area for your stuff, and if you have any possible hits, pm or call me and I can go on another investigative mission for you like I did before. If you have any VIN's o go with the bikes that would help.

Sotty, did that situation ever get sorted out? I have been wondering about that.

BC_99

I now know who , proving it is the hard part .

I know its someone that knows me and that's what hurts the most. I treat everyone who comes here with the same respect and never screw anyone over with parts or labor. Most everyone who comes to me for repairs are dark skin and I treat them all the same as I would anyone else. Black , white, yellow or green I don't care they are all welcome until they do something like this. As I put the word out there with the guys I trust its looking more and more like the one guy who was getting to be my closer friend. This will really hurt if I find out he was involved but I think he was. The bikes that were stolen are pretty stand out bikes that you aren't going to see just everywhere. Sort of like the Quest. For you guys that know bikes the 83 Honda CR480 is a unique bike and is a one year only transmission. The 82 CR480 had a 4 speed trans and the 83 has a 5 speed and in 84 Honda went to an air cooled 500cc engine so the 83 is a one year bike. It also has the chain on the right side and kicker on the left. I put a compression release valve in the head and it has an obsolete big knobby tire on the back. The 84 CR500 like I said earlier was a one year only bike. The chain and kicker swapped sides but it was still air cooled with black air shrouds to help divert air past the fins. I had an aftermarket rear shock on, compression release in the head and a few other mods that it didn't come with stock. My 95 CR500 had a custom pulse induction intake setup on it which very few other CR500's will have. Anyway these are bikes that aren't going to "blend in" with the pack. The cops told me its actually better they stole that many bikes than just one. You can make one bike disappear, its nearly impossible to keep a lid on seven. I know a few of the guys that I can trust and they are going in undercover for me looking to buy one so we will see what they can find out. These guys aren't that smart just by the mess they left in the yard. I mean who leaves the pry bar and bolt cutters behind??? I really don't know and don't care who did it, the police can take care of that. I just want my baby's back.

On a side note I put a down payment on my 40 footer today so this is going to be it everyone. As soon as I get it in my driveway and loaded I'm out of this F'd up place for good. I really hope I can find my bikes by then. I'll be in Cali as soon as I can and I'll keep you all posted as to whats going on.

IT'S pretty much a true saying that those you trust and closest to you sometimes hurt you the most.

I once again really feel greatly sorry for this break in that occured. I really hope those that really

say there gonna keep there ears to the ground don't tip the bandit off. I believe those bike are gonna

be under ground for a little while because the heat is on.I also think that once you leave there gonna

believe those bikes can come out,because they think the investigation and the seach is over.How do you

go from no dirt bike to maybe one but seven overnight is a really long stretch.Your gut feeling is not gonna

lead you wrong but you just can't act on that alone. People tend to F..K UP and talk about there crimes they

done because they can't keep water which is a good thing for you.The accomplice also might feel slighted on

the deal feeling there getting shorted.Which ever way it goes i HOPE YOU GET YOUR BIKES BACK!

Very sorry to hear all of this. Hope they find them bikes and throw those responsible in jail.

I hate thieves...

On a side note I put a down payment on my 40 footer today so this is going to be it everyone. As soon as I get it in my driveway and loaded I'm out of this F'd up place for good. I really hope I can find my bikes by then. I'll be in Cali as soon as I can and I'll keep you all posted as to whats going on.

This is the part that is the sadest. It makes home not feel like home when this happens. I'm guessing you have wanted out for a bit by that statment though. This was just the straw that broke

I just got some very upsetting info today from the detective who's working the case. Most of the suspected people who were involved are local gang members, drug dealers and criminals of one sort or another. I'm directly responsible for allowing this type of element into my life. I was fixing bikes here at my house since I lost my job last July and a few of the guys I was dealing with were associated with said bad element. I was pretty much told that I was damn lucky I didn't walk out on it happening and see any of them or I might not be typing this right now. They carry guns and don't care to use them which explains why the lights that were on didn't bother them. The area in Wilmington where these guys are from (Creekwood) a cop was just shot there a few weeks ago (didn't get killed) and three deputies found the guy who did it. When they found him he ran in a car then on foot and then they unloaded on him. There is now an investigation going on about the three officers who killed the guy that they used "EXCESSIVE FORCE". I don't think any force is too excessive to be honest when it comes to someone shooting a cop.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2013/10/10/deputy-recovering-after-surgery-search-for-shooter-continues

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2013/10/13/man-wanted-for-shooting-deputy-killed

Anyway you get the picture. Even if I had walked out there with my 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck or my 40 S&W its not a live action movie. Hauling off 7 bikes means at least 7 people and where are they are at 2 ~ 4 AM in the dark. I'm glad I didn't hear anything cuz I'm still here and don't have any extra holes to deal with.

Good news is they didn't get my moms 71 DT1 250, my Fazer or my wife's little 72 JT2 60 that I just finished. I had several bikes in my storage unit and the others were in my 2 car garage attached to the house. I've done everything legally I can do and have a few close friends that I trust to keep theirs ears open but they also don't want to be obvious because they can get shot for being the rat. IF we can find where the bikes are then the law can go get them if not then I walk away and maybe one day the VIN's will pop up maybe not. The country is full of old bikes and my life is worth more than a few old motorcycles. This fresh start in Cali is really what I need.

I also want to put this out there because I know a lot of you guys are from California. I already said wife accepted the job in Fremont with our brother in laws company. He works there as a senior engineer he doesn't own it. She flew out Saturday and started work Monday and she LOVES it!!!! My whole plan was to get a 40' container and fill it with all our stuff and ship it to Jersey for the time being until I got out there in Cali and situated. My wife and I would love to eventually get involved with a good honest leisure trail riding group. I don't motocross because of a disability to my right hand but I do my best and my wife is still learning. It sucks that those fools stole her little 86 YZ80 that she loved. We both tore it apart and rebuilt it together several years ago.

Here is my wife enjoying the heck out her new little toy the day before the nightmare. Thank God she wasn't here and I was out in Cali when this happened.

This was me opening it up :

I could hit about 30 mph across the back yard before breaking at the ditch bank.

Yes we have a bird and he was screaming his head off because he wanted to be outside with us.

Hope you enjoy the videos and thank you all from the bottom of my heart for always being supportive and helpful when you can.

atleast you have a good view on it. Does not suck any less but you view it right. I would not blame yourself as much as you are, you did what you had to do at the time. To me this sounds like just the catalyst you needed.

Wish you the best with your move.

What's your local craiglist home page? I'm a CL freak...and will keep a look out for you.

Awesome, I really appreciate you looking out for my bikes. I'm not sure this guy is going to put them on Craigs because he knows everyone is looking for him / them. Right now I really have people playing both sides of this. I have guys who were involved trying to throw me off the trail and guys who are trying to help me and its hard to see who all the bad ones are because I pretty much worked on all their bikes. Its just so damn hard to believe that they did this to me. Bottom line is the guy I trust the most told me the bikes are in Leland NC and the guy who has them his name is Cordell. The police know all this because he has been stealing bikes for a long time, gone to jail many times and just keeps doing it again and again. He even contacted a friend of mine two days ago and asked if he wanted to go riding because he had some 500's. My friend knew exactly what he had and wouldn't go with him. Anyway this guy has been at it for a long time so he may be hard to catch. If anyone knows anyone in the Leland area have them keep their eyes and ears open because they are for sale.

You should have your buddy meet up with him to ride those 500's then show up with the cops to catch him with your bike(s), or bring friends and take care of it yourself, depending on what you feel is best.

Sorry about the theft. Hope you get everything back in good shape. My buddy had 3 bikes stolen and got them all back, but two were parted out and the other had a crappy paint job to make it look different.

Edited by Burton

My problem is I'm not from here and these guys know who I am and I don't think I met all of the ones responsible. They are all black and I'm white get the picture, I'd blend in about as well as a marshmallow in your coco puffs. If I was born and raised here I would have known better to stay away from that crowd. Bigger problem is its gang related and most of the people I know who know the guys responsible understand that and understand what happens to a snitch. Not sure I need to say more. Thanks for the concern Mark, I hope I can get everything back also. Edited by brianpaul98