FREE short block

Turbo Cary
    By Turbo Cary,
    Located in Charleston SC. I found an old short block in the shed. Free to anyone willing to come pick it up. Don't ask me the condition. I didn't look hard enough at it. I'm pretty sure the crank is there along with the main caps and maybe pistons/rods

Drivers window stuck down - Need Help??

techboy
    By techboy,
    I feel like it's been a long time since I've put a post up looking for help ... but I need help guys.  Went to a car show about 2 weeks ago and put my windows down.  My drivers window has been stuck down ever since. I took the switch off tonight to look at it, but I don't see how it would come apart to look inside at the contacts. I don't have another switch.  When I installed the new interior last summer the interior I bought didn't come with switches, so I swapped over my

Replacing your Heater Core Hoses

techboy
    By techboy,
    DIFFICULTY - Easy TOOLS NEEDED - Cable cutters (or knife), flat-head screwdriver MATERIALS - Coolant and/or distilled water This is an easy project, for even the beginner mechanic.  I noticed a few weeks back I was getting a coolant drip after driving my car, I discovered it was heater core hose at the firewall, so I decided to replace both and take a pics along the way. First, I ordered two new heater core hoses from DAD (in and out hose).  They arrived a few days later.

Another “ since I’ve gone this far” thread

Mike7447
    By Mike7447,
    Elsewhere in another thread I stated my plan to upgrade the 72k mile engine in my 89 tsi. I said I wanted to upgrade the turbo, add an external waste gate and bov upgrade the fuel system, to supply the 4 separate injectors, and DIY convert the intake to MPI, control the engine with a MS3 pro. Replace the distributor with a plugged hole, and run LS coils in a wasted spark config. here is where I am as a result: exhaust and intake manifolds off, im gonna pressure wash the lower par

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS