Just got my first job :DD

apedog

Im working at a grocery store bagging and stuff for 7.50 haha.

FINALLY I get some money of my own and now I can start saving for an exhaust hehe

What was everyone elses first job?

I had the same first job in high school. I hated it.

mowing grass until I was old enough to work for my dad building houses, about 13-14 years old. Started out as a laborer and moved up to masonry, roofing, and siding, framing ect. Learned enough to know I didnt wanna do that for a living. But I bagged groceries, washed cars at a dealership, worked in a plastics factory, and finally got a foot in the door on a race team. Been working in racing ever since.

BC_99

My first job was helping a house builder frame in houses the summer I was 15 for $10/hr under the table. That fall I got a job as a busboy and dishwasher at a fast food joint then went to Taco Bell. By 17 I was detailing cars at a dealership and pretty much stayed in the automotive field in one way or another ever since, and that's been 20 years.

My first job at 14 was as a bag boy at a local grocery store, got paid $5 an hour while in school..

In the summer I detailed highend cars like Mercedes and BMW's...I even got to detail a Ferrari 308 GTS...I charged $250 for each car, but that included everything from engine to wheel removal to polish the inside of the wheels...

16, for a local landscaping company, was there for about a month of one summer, they just didn't have that much work at the time

then 3 summers through college working in an injection molding facility

Edited by D_Venable

My first real job was drafting for a steel bar joist manufacturer while still in high school.

I've now been in the steel construction business for 27 years.

My biggest regret is not finishing college and getting a degree.

This actually hurt me about a year and a half ago.

I was not allowed to move into a VP of project management position because I didn't have a degree.

Forget about how well I manage people and that all the other PM's wanted me to move into the roll, plus the VP of sales was behind me.

The guy that they hired for the position was an idiot and didn't know how to manage people.

I'm getting ready to start at another company this week.

I'm still working at my first job...only had it a year though...lol

BP gas station attendant. I'm not technically allowed to even work there yet...so...I get paid under the table :P

Good when your faja is friends with the owner. :)

I don't like it, but...it brings in ze moneys.

Very first gig was detailing cars on my own. Some kids sold lemonade, in my neighborhood, everyone knew where to drop off the Town Car or the Fleetwood, and it would be finished by five, and looking like new money. I saved up lots and lots of bux doing that. By the time I got my license, I had been doing that enough that I had a 3 thousand dollar stash hidden in my bedroom.

First "real" job was working at a Mazda dealer when I was 16, in the make ready department, plus doing some gophering. I enjoyed the gopher end, because at that dealership, they told you to get a car, and go here, go there, and you simply took whatever struck your fancy.

Any idea how many Turbo II FC's I broke in? LOL

THAT's a great first job. It was 4 bucks an hour, but I made up for it in donuts. Hell, I even cut a donut in an MPV van once, somewhat against my better judgement, but it didn't roll over. Ah, to be young again. I'd love to have that life back. Beating up someone else's cars, living at home, and making money who's sole intent was to be pissed away.

Tim

Edited by UlrichWolf

My first job was White's fresh foods i did every thing in that whole store in the 3yrs i was there. The turn over was so high the that at one point i was there longer than the managers and all but two other guys the stock crew. I got it one month after my 16th bday and i have been working ever since :wacko:

First real job was at a grocery store bagging for like 3 an hour. I helped my mom with catering jobs before then for cash under the table.

After bagging, I went into the military and learned programming. Haven't looked back since!

unbeleavable how many of you have no respect for others property

but then at 16 you have no respect for any thing http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif your Uncle Sam can cure that

Oh, yeah, like YOU were any different at 16!

Stop blowing smoke up my backside.

Tim

Very first gig was detailing cars on my own. Some kids sold lemonade, in my neighborhood, everyone knew where to drop off the Town Car or the Fleetwood, and it would be finished by five, and looking like new money. I saved up lots and lots of bux doing that. By the time I got my license, I had been doing that enough that I had a 3 thousand dollar stash hidden in my bedroom.

First "real" job was working at a Mazda dealer when I was 16, in the make ready department, plus doing some gophering. I enjoyed the gopher end, because at that dealership, they told you to get a car, and go here, go there, and you simply took whatever struck your fancy.

Any idea how many Turbo II FC's I broke in? LOL

THAT's a great first job. It was 4 bucks an hour, but I made up for it in donuts. Hell, I even cut a donut in an MPV van once, somewhat against my better judgement, but it didn't roll over. Ah, to be young again. I'd love to have that life back. Beating up someone else's cars, living at home, and making money who's sole intent was to be pissed away.

Tim

lol....

A friend of my dads used to work at the docks in Baltimore, MD, and he said he unloaded quite a few Conquests/Starions, and that him and the guys would take some of them with 2 miles on them, and beat the absolute snot out of'm. Donuts, 180s, launching them...haha

So...he may have driven some of our cars here...lol

And we wonder why they break so much. :P

Edited by strang3majik