If I don't respond to this post again today...

JustPaus_88TSi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... who did you assault? Just how much marijuana were you packing?

I kid I kid

Hopefully the judge is merciful, and maybe drops it down to a misdemeanor, whatever it is that you did.

Edited by Fanta

I'm back from court, my lawyer just got an extension until Tuesday Sept 15th.

sooo what's the story ( if its okay to ask ) because a felony for 1/4 of an anti-depressant pill... wooo

Yeah, its crap.

Back in December I found out that Rockstar coffee drinks mess me up fairly good and cause a sort of panic attack(elevated heart rate, hyper-ventilating, tunnel vision, hands visibly shaking). A co-worker gave me a chip of a Xanax. I didn't take it, and I called my pops who's a psychologist and he told me some techniques to alleviate my symptoms, it worked well enough that I could go back into work.

I put the piece of Xanax in my car and forgot about it. I got pulled over on June 7th, car impounded, arrested etc..

They're sooooo concerned over my chip of a pill, but didn't charge me for my gun that I had on me. Weapons misconduct can be charged if there's a weapon involved in the commission of another felony(possession of dangerous drugs in my case), and it's a harsher charge(class 3 felony).

I know people who work in detox facilites and I have drug tests that I passed the day after I was arrested. That's zero problem for me, I don't use drugs anymore. Period.

Did you have any previous drug cases, even minor ones? If so, they may have seen those on your record, got tunnel vision thinking they'll pop ya again and then only found the little bit of Xzanax and had to run with it.

They probably knew they'd have a hard time making it stick and that's why they skipped the gun charge. They probably knew that if they did the weapons charge, they'd have to prove the drug charge to make the weapon charge legit. They probably figured they could hit you with the little drug charge, you'd plea it down, and nobody would ever know they had a shaky case.

If you get in any trouble at all for this, I will have lost all faith in our US justice system. Not that I had much faith in it before.

May I ask, what caused you to get pulled over in the first place and were you able to get your car back?

Goodluck with the case, and don't drink energy drinks, coffee works just as good unless your like me and hate it then just get a few candybars or gum or something to stay awake.

May I ask, what caused you to get pulled over in the first place and were you able to get your car back?

Goodluck with the case, and don't drink energy drinks, coffee works just as good unless your like me and hate it then just get a few candybars or gum or something to stay awake.

Monster makes an amazing coffee energy drink though that tastes almost exactly like a White Russian - for breakfast.

Monster makes an amazing coffee energy drink though that tastes almost exactly like a White Russian - for breakfast.

Yeah dude, Monster JAVA, I put back a pair of those and went for a ride on my bike for a few hours, talk about awareness.

Best of luck with your legal situation JP.

hmmmm....interesting... ill have to try that some time.

Daniel

Did you have any previous drug cases, even minor ones? If so, they may have seen those on your record, got tunnel vision thinking they'll pop ya again and then only found the little bit of Xzanax and had to run with it.

They probably knew they'd have a hard time making it stick and that's why they skipped the gun charge. They probably knew that if they did the weapons charge, they'd have to prove the drug charge to make the weapon charge legit. They probably figured they could hit you with the little drug charge, you'd plea it down, and nobody would ever know they had a shaky case.

If you get in any trouble at all for this, I will have lost all faith in our US justice system. Not that I had much faith in it before.

My record is as spotless as it can possibly be, not even a traffic ticket. Nada. I hold a DoD Secret security clearance from an old job, so my background was investigated thoroughly.

My lawyer was saying the same thing about the lack of the gun charge.

According to the AZ statutes, Xanax is a schedule IV drug and falls under posession of a prescription-only drug and carries a charge of a class 1 Misdemeanor.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocumen...amp;DocType=ARS

However, they revised the statute and now categorize is as a "dangerous drug" based on what its base is constructed of, which is why i'm charged with a class 4 felony. They list the "alprozolam" in the definitions of 13-3401.

Supposedly one of my license plate lights were out(there's two), which could've been the case as the connection is a bit funky. If you tap on the trunk, the light comes back on. I was going east bound, the cop was going west bound and turned around after there was at least a half mile between us.

My lawyer is going to try and get the evidence suppressed based on when/why the cop turned around.

so no more (legal)guns if your convicted? probably not worth it in the end... theres alot of obvious things that could be stated but im going to guess you probably already know them all.

If i'm convicted of a felony, then yes there will be no more legal gun ownership/voting for me. I highly doubt that will happen though. Maybe if I was a career criminal or something.

Well... it is noon:45 Arizona Time.. and site says you are reading this topic.... (unless you left your computer logged in?)

So what happened?

My lawyer got a continuance for next tuesday. That will be when I either plead not guilty, or accept a plea if the charges can't be dismissed outright.

yeah...that'll probably get thrown out. But, i can kinda understand where they were coming from in a way...I mean...your twenty something, and have Xanax in the car...might look fishy to those who don't know the whole story. Plus...that stuff is pretty bad...being its artificial heroine...so, its taken a little more seriously than a bag of weed. Even just a little bit. We know your story...but...

Also, I'm guessing you gave the cop consent to search? Or, was it out in the open?

But...good luck on getting it cleared...should be an easy win. Especially since you said you had a drug test very soon thereafter.

yeah...that'll probably get thrown out. But, i can kinda understand where they were coming from in a way...I mean...your twenty something, and have Xanax in the car...might look fishy to those who don't know the whole story. Plus...that stuff is pretty bad...being its artificial heroine...so, its taken a little more seriously than a bag of weed. Even just a little bit. We know your story...but...

Also, I'm guessing you gave the cop consent to search? Or, was it out in the open?

But...good luck on getting it cleared...should be an easy win. Especially since you said you had a drug test very soon thereafter.

You understand where they were coming from? Oh, your whole family are cops. gotcha. ;)

One of the cops was hating pretty hard, kept asking where I worked and such. I guess a white guy can't drive a lex and have gold jewelry/diamonds without being Tony Montana of the prescription-meds game. I told the truth from the jump, one of the cops was a paramedic before and said he knows exactly what I was talking about with the energy drinks, as he's seen it before.

There's nothing to understand though. I was in possession of xanax, without a script. There's no point of view, he said she said. I broke a law. My fault. But I refuse to believe i'm more of a threat for having less than half a pill, than someone with two pounds of herb(class 4 vs class 6 felony). I'm lumped into the same group as if I had a gram of heroin, 9 grams of cocaine or methamphetamine, or $1000 worth of MDMA or shrooms.

But xanax isn't even in the same class as heroin or any synthetic derivative. You're thinking of oxycontin, which is an opiate, while xanax is a benzodiazepine. Completely different chemical bases and effects.

I gave consent to search after notifying the cop of my weapon and such. Remember, the piece of pill was in there for 7 months, I simply forgot about it. Otherwise I would've kept it at home.

That's the last time I consent to anything, or am forthcoming with info about my personal items. I'm done with that now. I've always been courteous and notified them of my weapon(s) before they ask(which i'm not legally obligated to do).

What gave probable cause for search or was it in plain view?

I gave consent after they secured my weapon from the glove box, I was sitting on the curb at the time.

The pill was tossed into my center console with a bunch of change, some sun glasses and a phone charger.

They went through the change in your console? If I ever get searched in my truck the lab's gonna have a heyday. They'll be analysing bits of french fries from under the seats for months. They'll have to deal with every Aleve tablet, and sinus pill that may or may not still be in the packaging in the glove box. And if the cop wants to search the toolbox he'll find a harbor freight slimjim, and a handful of screwdrivers, prybars, and multiple other things they could label as potential crime tools. It's pretty obvious it's a work truck, but to some cop having a bad day it might make the bust of the year.

Good luck next week.

just one more example of cops gone bad. were they able to determine what the pill even was? sounds like if it was just a 1/4 of the pill, that could have been mistaken for something else and could have been just a tylenol. or was it distinguishable and did they do a chemical analysis to find out exactly what you had there? best of luck.