New SQC religion and political forums

Chad

New SQC religion and political forums have been pinned at the top of the BS form. This should help keep it easier to for us to follow our favorite political and/or religion topics, while not cluttering the BS forum needlessly.

they are :

Click here for the official SQC religious discusison forum link:

Click here for the official SQC political discusison forum link:

I had this idea because religion and politics don't really qualify as BS anyway ;)

Best of all, I can personally guarantee no one will ever be sanctioned here at SQC for anything said or done on these new oficial SQC forums, so you say whatever you want on them and not have to worry about us Nazi mods coming down on you for exercising your freedom of speech.

I had this idea because religion and politics don't really qualify as BS anyway ;)

Well I belive both subjects have equal amounts of BS in them. I don't mind the recent political threads. At least people are talking about it and getting involved. Being complacant and not caring is how we end up with too much gov. This is a favorite hangout for most of us and discussing political views is a good thing. Religion on the otherhand can get too heated. Discussing a political view is one thing but a religious belief is harder to change.

We need a sarcasim text font on this forum ;)

Some don't like the politics and religion here because it is their favorite plase to go. Which one is right?

By directing those discussions elsewhere, those that wish to speak out get to do so all they want, and those that want the site free of such topics won't be imposed upon.

Discussing such topics only serves to divide us. When we come here, we are all as one, starquest enthusiast. When we then discuss such devisive topics, we will enevitably devid ourselves up into groups.

We need a sarcasim text font on this forum ;)

agreed

Some don't like the politics and religion here because it is their favorite plase to go. Which one is right?

By directing those discussions elsewhere, those that wish to speak out get to do so all they want, and those that want the site free of such topics won't be imposed upon.

Discussing such topics only serves to divide us. When we come here, we are all as one, starquest enthusiast. When we then discuss such devisive topics, we will enevitably devid ourselves up into groups.

I never said it was a bad idea. I for one personally have never had much interest in politics. But in the past few years I've realized turning a blind eye to the issues isn't a good thing either. But I try not to discuss politics with people on here. I'm not informed enough about politics to make a good argument either way. So I mainly just read what others have posted. It's not a bad idea to seperate those discussions. I do belive they have a place here seeing as how so many want to discuss it lately. The diversity is needed to keep the club interesting. Alot of people just read the BS section because some of the other sections aren't as interesting. Like the cars for sale section, I avoid looking at that because I don't want to look at all the SQs I can't afford. Watching people debate political views is interesting sometimes, like watching a car crash. I like the fact that lately people have taken an interest in politics but perhaps it is best that it get it's own section.

Now my question is now that we have a place for it..Will some of the banned members be allowed back in? Just curious?

Obviously no personal attacks should be permitted as that does no good for anyone...

I'd totaly consider it, but it's not my choice to make.

Most that are banned or suspended had signifigant problems outside of the bs forum, so there aren't many of those banned/suspended that would actualy benifit. I can only think of one banned member, and he still owes several members parts/$$.

Just for clarity, those links are not official, it's more sarcasim. I'd like to see people use them, but I know it would be impossible to enforce making it mandetory.

try as hard as you want man, have fun while you are at it too.

My favorite is the craigslist rants and raves forum. You can't get banned, but everyone else can flag you posts. How is that for democracy :)

Ok, nevermind. Too bad you even posted this junk, since other car forums actually do have such forums, and it works out perfectly because more people would rather not wade through hundreds of threads a month on stuff that only a few members here really care about "discussing" every day.

Edited by Technology

Do realize how many times those BS forum "pissing matches" spill over into the other forums? Almost universaly. Sending those dicsussions off site does just that, sends it off site.

I'm not going to change the BS forum, I can't even if I want to. I'd just hope/ask that people think about the impact to others that use ths site when they bring a polarizing non-car subject in here (religion and politics in perticular).

It's one thing to talk aobut your lady troubles, your favorite beer, bragging about buying a new house, asking for personal advice, ranting abotu your POS boss, or discussing favorite football teams, it's another to discuss your distain for a political issue/figure or a specific religious belief. If someone can't figure out the difference, perhaps that someone shouldn't be discussing these topics in the first place.

I think it's kinda like smoking in a crowded room, You probalbly won't bother the smokers much, but what about the rest of us?

seems most of you never clicked on the link :blush: , you might want to so you can "get it". Seems most didn't understand the sarcasm, that I was trying to make a suggeston while making light of the idea.

I'd still encourage any and all to use that link whenever they want to discuss "heavy" political or religious topics :)

I un-pined the topics because there were never any new forums within this site and they were sarcastic posts to start with, but I might bump them every now and then ;).

Hey, if you guys want a place to go talk about politics and religion, go here....

http://www.26liter.us/forum/index.php/board,26.0.html

The rant section doesn't get used too much so we figure the best thing for it is to let you guys use it as a no-holds-barred place to talk about all that stuff that gets in the way of the BS sections. You can swear, post links to whatever political or religious agenda you want to push, call each other names. Hell you can call out each other's mama's if you want. We don't really care.

Enjoy.