1/4 mile

TRAVNASTY

lets take a vote any newbie asking this question should get at least a 3 week ban

any member that brings up the 1/4 time in said newbie's thread for any other brand of car a months ban,,

the only right reply is to tell newbie to go read the 400 other threads asking the same question or go to the track and find out

now wheres my coffee .

for got the smilies :) :) :) :)

Edited by Shelby

13.8 in 1/4 . 14g turbo- hard pipes 3" exhaust and a slipping clutch- stock injectors. Haven't been back in a couple of years but now have maft. apexi neo. 18g. two secondaries.

Franco

Don't worry BlowinupG54Bs, I'm on your side. A car without a bov from the factory is no longer stock when one is installed. Simple as that.

ALSO!!!! Why the heck would anyone put a blow off valve on an auto car if they are drag racing it? Just keep the pedal floored and things will work themselves out.

It would probably slow the car down anyway. If you are dumping raw gas into the exhaust manifold with a BOV on an otherwise stock car, you may as well figure out how to retard the timing and get an anit-lag effect going during shifts. And as an aside, when I first installed my RFL, I was in FL and went to Orlando Speed World a bunch, and I could shift fast enough that the BOV wouldn't even open. And 3rd and 4th gear shifts were no-lift-to-shift anyway.

Don't worry BlowinupG54Bs, I'm on your side. A car without a bov from the factory is no longer stock when one is installed. Simple as that.

ALSO!!!! Why the heck would anyone put a blow off valve on an auto car if they are drag racing it? Just keep the pedal floored and things will work themselves out.

It would probably slow the car down anyway. If you are dumping raw gas into the exhaust manifold with a BOV on an otherwise stock car, you may as well figure out how to retard the timing and get an anit-lag effect going during shifts. And as an aside, when I first installed my RFL, I was in FL and went to Orlando Speed World a bunch, and I could shift fast enough that the BOV wouldn't even open. And 3rd and 4th gear shifts were no-lift-to-shift anyway.

beats the crap outta me why he would put a bov? Question, since you have the facts, do you think the car will run faster without the bov? by how much ya think? Fact is the car ran quicker than a stock 88 5speed. I will try to sell him my old HKS bypass to if he is interested. He declined my HKS cat back already. Hey, if it aint broke. He is local to me and he is on these very board but does not post much. Its his first quest and his first time on the track. Did pretty good to me. His car was owned by and older couple who babied the car. Has has practically all the maintenance receits for it.

Seriously? I'm gonna go ahead and say this.

I didn't say jack about my Colt being able to beat that car, and it can, easily. Know what you are talking about -- AGAIN A CAR THAT DID NOT COME WITH A BLOW-OFF VALVE FROM THE FACTORY AND HAS A BLOW-OFF VALVE ISN'T STOCK!

you point is??????????????????????????

Auto quest will always be faster in the 1/4, by a whole second im not sure but think about it. Easier to launch or boosted launches, no letting off the gas to shift therefore you stay in boost the whole time.

My vote says that the mod needs to increase performance in order to lose the "stock" title.

A BOV is not a performance mod so therefore the car is stock.

The time quoted seems a bit fast though.

X2

There are no stock Conquests anymore unless they have the stock Yokohama's that came on them from the 80's. If people want to get all technical and s***.

Edited by Sully

My vote says that the mod needs to increase performance in order to lose the "stock" title.

A BOV is not a performance mod so therefore the car is stock.

The time quoted seems a bit fast though.

i saw the slip for myself. If he comes around i will get him to post it.

So if one has a "stock" quest but is rusted hence weighs less than factory therefore cannot be "stock" right?

apparently

tangent

where this conversation has gone.

Edited by Sully

Sorry to be a turd but wouldn't a manual be able to do just as good as an automatic?

I mean if you technically could shift it perfectly...and you can rev higher. What does a stock auto shift at?

they said i cant run anymore without a cage and parachute :(

I wish I had that problem....lol

that being said, my car ran a 15.6 with .56 rt all 3 runs in a row. bone stock full int. 5 speed.