17" wheels OEM look

on4now4

Hi,Still working on price. They are completely new wheels with heat treated centre castings and are a genuine 3 piece so can have other shells fitted to vary width and offsets. My car has been used to measure off for these and it has stock suspension. I have been alerted to the DOT taking an interest in the wheels so I need to get my paperwork in place with them prior to offering them as a GP.

Thanks for all the comments!

Im not big on the bolts (non smooth spokes) but it's a 3 piece so your not going to get away from this.

How about a nice finish polish on the faces of the spokes so we don't have to polish new wheels? IE Lips and spokes match in finish

Edited by jszucs

I'd like to see a matching finish too.

I also prefer the look of black insets vs grey... makes the shine 'pop' even more.

How about a nice finish polish on the faces of the spokes so we don't have to polish new wheels? IE Lips and spokes match in finish

Hi, I have talked to the manufacturers about the idea of doing the grey bits in black and polishing the spokes. Doing the grey bits in any color and then machining the front face is entirely possible, but then polishing the machined bits is not really a happening thing. This is because all the polishing is done manually and it risks (guarantees) damaging the colored bits. ( and costs a bunch more) My intention was to have them all finished with a clear polyurethane so you wouldn't have to be polishing the lips all the time to keep them ultra shiny but if this process is left off it would be easy ,for those who want to, to polish the spokes while those who want them with the stock diamond machined look can have that. If they were going to be supplied with the recessed bits painted, then some sort of consensus would have to be reached on the color.

There is also the possibility that I could get them powdercoated with a mirror finish powder after they have been assembled.

There is also the possibility of supplying them all as an unassembled kit with assembly instructions, which would make the wheels cheaper and the shipping cheaper. This would allow people to apply their own flair to the finishing before assembly...

Give me your thoughts and preferences.

As to the question on whether they are strong enough for autocross. The answer is yes. They are made by a supplier who makes wheels for such things as Formula A/5000 cars, Lotus Elise & 211, and are an OEM supplier to a supercar manufacturer. Of course if you go banging them on kerbs or against the ground you are going to damage them!

I haven't got a flatty to measure up for widths and offsets, but if you want to give me some they could be made. The price is the same regardless of width.

At the moment only 17's can be done as the tooling for the 18's would cost another bunch of money and the machinery to make them isn't big enough to make them.

Hi, I have talked to the manufacturers about the idea of doing the grey bits in black and polishing the spokes. Doing the grey bits in any color and then machining the front face is entirely possible, but then polishing the machined bits is not really a happening thing. This is because all the polishing is done manually and it risks (guarantees) damaging the colored bits. ( and costs a bunch more) My intention was to have them all finished with a clear polyurethane so you wouldn't have to be polishing the lips all the time to keep them ultra shiny but if this process is left off it would be easy ,for those who want to, to polish the spokes while those who want them with the stock diamond machined look can have that. If they were going to be supplied with the recessed bits painted, then some sort of consensus would have to be reached on the color.

There is also the possibility that I could get them powdercoated with a mirror finish powder after they have been assembled.

There is also the possibility of supplying them all as an unassembled kit with assembly instructions, which would make the wheels cheaper and the shipping cheaper. This would allow people to apply their own flair to the finishing before assembly...

As to the question on whether they are strong enough for autocross. The answer is yes. They are made by a supplier who makes wheels for such things as Formula A/5000 cars, Lotus Elise & 211, and are an OEM supplier to a supercar manufacturer. Of course if you go banging them on kerbs or against the ground you are going to damage them!

I haven't got a flatty to measure up for widths and offsets, but if you want to give me some they could be made. The price is the same regardless of width.

At the moment only 17's can be done as the tooling for the 18's would cost another bunch of money and the machinery to make them isn't big enough to make them.

Machined finish with painted grey bits and a clear poly is just fine with me and the way I think they look best.

Additionally, a "kit" is no problem either. I just need to see them on your car to get a visual... as far as what offsets you picked and what they look like. I am not interested in anything that gets noticed by non-enthusists, or rubs on the bodywork, or looks like some West Coast Customs hooptie, if you catch my drift.:blush:

Flatty offsets are the same as wide body fronts so someone with a flatty would just buy 4 fronts. No need for a whole new wheel. As far as colored insets on the wheel.... ick. Stick with the stock grey, keep it an original looking wheel. Big props to you for doing this. Great job!

I personally would not want colored accents other than the stock gunmetalish grey, however I would want options to have some serious negative offset, would this be possible?