BRAND NEW HEAD! DRILLED PORTED POLISHED!

88shp

drilled ported polished. brand spankin new never installed. alot of work put in to just this hate to see it go that easily. it got bigger valvs, 3 way, and alot of other stuff done to it.

best offer takes it looking to get it off quick!

motivated seller!!!

comes with head gasket.

pm's fastest way to get at me

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/oll_CJlMlP_llo/P5060201.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/oll_CJlMlP_llo/P5060202.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/oll_CJlMlP_llo/P5060203.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/oll_CJlMlP_llo/P5060199.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/oll_CJlMlP_llo/P5060200.jpg

Edited by 88shp

no i dont have the cam towers. you gotta get that seperately

also i remade that posting because i sold those coilovers sorry. ill delete that soon

A head without the matching cam towers is pretty much junk. sorry to tell you that, but it's the truth.

Dad

A head without the matching cam towers is pretty much junk. sorry to tell you that, but it's the truth.

Dad

Yes it is. On top of that, the rules of the for sale forum state you can't bid parts out. Use ebay for those type of transactions. Good luck selling that head w/out the matching towers.

Heads up to everyone...like Dad said, w/out the towers it is useless.

Jimmy

The cam tower caps are like main or rod caps, they are machined to that specific head and without them your sort of SOL.

I have like 4 or 5 sets of the cam tower caps from junk heads that I scrapped and I tried a few times to match them to a different head that had a messed up cap and never found one that came close to fitting.

Your only hope would be find the original caps that came with that head and regardless if you got it with caps or not they all come with the caps. You can also get a set of caps that are close and have the cam bores machined oversize and run bearing inserts. Goodson use to carry a kit to bore the cam journals and the bearing inserts but I didn't see it in their new catalog. Other than that DAD's right, the head is scrap.

Just out of curiosity, what did you have "Drilled" ?

Dad

Edited by brianpaul98

well i dont. thanks for all the support on the sale tho guys.

anyways with that new information, im willing to sell it for 150+shipping and you can find a matching cam tower. its up to you guys.

-chris

Wait, didn't Dad, Jimmy, and Brian just say that you CAN'T find a matching cam tower for a head unless you have the original one, or am I misunderstanding their posts?

im not sure but im sure you can find one. its not like all heads are unique. may be hard but there are some out there. in no hurry to sell im just putting it up. and cheap too!

just tryna get it off it is a VERY nice head by the way.

stop :thread20jacked8wq: and let me try to sell please! :D

im not sure but im sure you can find one. its not like all heads are unique. may be hard but there are some out there. in no hurry to sell im just putting it up. and cheap too!

just tryna get it off it is a VERY nice head by the way.

stop :thread20jacked8wq: and let me try to sell please! :D

Its not thread jacking its informing you and a potential buyer of something that may cause both of you a ton of headaches.

i am pretty new to the starquest scene but i have been a mechanic for over 20 years i believe they are saying the cam towers are bored on the head to the cam journal specs you cant mix them from another head sooooo they are unique to the head they came with for instance i recently rebuilt my top end and mistakenly used the rocker assembly with cam towers from another head i have. not realizing what i did i torqued the cam towers down and then tried to turn the motor over with a ratchet and it wouldnt turn ! now realizing what i did i swapped the cam towers and rocker assembly and wow ! the motor turned you get the point ? no cam towers = garbage buyer beware

..and it's a jet-valve head too. Not knocking it because I've got one on my car now, but if I were going to spend enough cash to buy a head, then drop a load in the machine work and bearing inserts for the cam, I'd want a better platform than a JV head. I'd spring the extra bit of difference and buy a Marnal.

Wait, didn't Dad, Jimmy, and Brian just say that you CAN'T find a matching cam tower for a head unless you have the original one, or am I misunderstanding their posts?

I'm not sure exactly what this means... If you had the original cam tower caps why would you need to find new ones?

What I'm saying is if you don't have the original cam tower caps then you will have to try to find another set that will come as close as possible to being a good fit. If you have ever mis-matched a rod cap to the connecting rod you know a bad fit where the housing bore has the lip hanging over on each side. You can probably find a set that comes really close to fitting with as little lip hanging over as possible and then get the cam journals bored to use a bearing spacer insert which is sort of like a main or rod bearing to get the bore size back. Trying to find a set of cam tower caps that just fit perfectly is pretty much like losing your car keys and going around to everyone with a Starion or Conquest trying to see if their key will fit your lock, the only problem is you've got 5 cam tower caps to match not just one.

I'm really sorry but I'm not trying to ruin your sale, I'm just trying to inform anyone that may be considering buying this head of what they are getting into. Most of us don't have a lot of extra money and to buy a new head for our cars is a big deal since many factory heads are junk. So can you imagine someone buying this head with the impression that they can just put their old cam tower caps on it and go? If that cam doesn't spin freely in the cam bores with the caps torqued down the cam starts to generate heat in the tight spots and then the cam starts to gall (dig) into the aluminum which starts a chain reaction which anyone who's following this explanation can see where its going.

So to put this simply, if you know of a reputable machine shop close to you that specializes in cylinder heads and can bore cam journals plus you have a few extra full sets of cam tower caps to work with then this head is for you. As far as buying this head thinking you will just find a set of caps that will fit you better have your lucky rabbit foot collection ready.

Edited by brianpaul98

i am not knowledged with the mechanics. i just buy a prt and get it installled. this is a really nice head. and after all the conversation, you can eventually fit it

so 150+shipping takes it. really cheap brand new. you guys know what your getting let me know...

i am pretty new to the starquest scene but i have been a mechanic for over 20 years i believe they are saying the cam towers are bored on the head to the cam journal specs you cant mix them from another head sooooo they are unique to the head they came with for instance i recently rebuilt my top end and mistakenly used the rocker assembly with cam towers from another head i have. not realizing what i did i torqued the cam towers down and then tried to turn the motor over with a ratchet and it wouldnt turn ! now realizing what i did i swapped the cam towers and rocker assembly and wow ! the motor turned you get the point ? no cam towers = garbage buyer beware

Exactly. Therre is a way outside chance if you have 20 sets of old caps laying around, that one set would fit it close enough, but there isn't any tolerance there (like .004 on the cam journalsif I remember correctly).

Boring it for oversize bearings is only worth it on a ported head/custom one that already has a lot of money put into it. It is not worth it on that head. Actually, without the cam caps, it does not qualify as a "head".

You say the head is "drilled" Please explain this statement. There is no such thing as far as I know. Maybe you are using the term 'drilled' to describe other work done to the head?

You say the head is ported and polished. Please show pics of the intake and exhaust runners to prove porting. Anyone who tries to sell a head without the cam caps, has too little experience to be making port and polish statements without showing pictures of the work.

i am not knowledged with the mechanics. i just buy a prt and get it installled. this is a really nice head. and after all the conversation, you can eventually fit it

so 150+shipping takes it. really cheap brand new. you guys know what your getting let me know...

It cannot be fit with caps very easily. It is about $250 last I checked to bore caps to fit. You also need to find a set of caps and purchase them first.

Again, please post pics and give a detailed explanation of the work you say has been performed on the head. This thread will be deleted without them.

Also, please confirm that you mean the 'head' has never been bolted to an engine. 'Brand New' on this site means it has never seen use or been bolted on an engine at any time in its life.

SO .........WHY DIDN'T YOU GET IT INSTALLED ? OOOOOOH THATS RIGHT YOU GOT NO MATCHING CAM CAPS !!! do yourself a favor and list it for parts