88 1/4 mile time

i have a 88 chrysler conquest with a 5spd what is the stock 1/4 mile time for them

this is my toy plan on gettin it in the 12's by summer

Prepare fpr MPI swap...

Header...

turbo...

and full exhaust....

that will net mid 13's at the very least... but expect more to get into the 12's

(Barbercb)12.9@108(I think 108..)

17c(td05? maybe td06)

exhaust

3" GM MAF

Maybe a Walbro fuel pump(can't remember)

Sounds kind of vague, MPI maybe? Maybe not? What kind of exhaust? Slicks? ummm I’m not sure about this one...    

A 15 second car is a long, long way from a 12 second car. Been there, done that. I'm sure many here on the boards have done it much cheaper than I have, but it took me a lot of change (multiple thousands)to get deep into to the 12's(12.3 @ 115mph with a pathetic 2.01 60ft).

Once you start making some power, getting the car to hook up well is one of the places you can probably get your biggest gain for the least amount of money. I originally set mine up for handling. Lowering springs and tokicos all the way around. Corners great, but probably cost me 3 or 4 tenths on my 1/4 mile time.

Just so your aware of the challenge you have: In my opinion, these are great cars and I and wouldn't trade mine for anything, but if you want to go fast(12's as you said in your post)  be prepared to spend some real money.

Good luck to you on your venture and keep reading the boards here. A lot of good guys with good information to help you achieve your goal.  

Dave

i'm planning on running 12's on my car using tbi. i'm going to be using 2 secondaries, 3" exhaust, hardpipes, an 18 or 20g. just got a motor built for my car that should be able to handle the abuse. i'm gonna try for mid 12's, if i can't get down far enough i may use a 50 shot on the car(might be a little fun;D). i'll be tuning with a stand alone on my car also. 12's are possible on the tbi and people have proven that, barbercb is the first that always comes to mind, but i know others have done it before

slicks will really help if your going the 1/4 mile route,good clutch and lots of practice will also be a priority.

Fastest recorded 88-89 time is 15.4....

Maybe a Walbro fuel pump(can't remember)

I think it was actually a stock FP...

Something that helps a TON!!!

A good clutch and good tires. I had neither when I went to the track this summer.  I had bad tires, but the clutch was worse at the track. The track was sticky enough that when I launched it would slip.

I believe barbercb was running street legal slicks too.

I could only muster out a  15.4 1/4 @ 89mph.

This was with 15psi, 1g mas, turbo to ic hard pipe, 3" DP, 2.5 full catless exhaust, K7N with an open air box and a few other small things. This was because bad tires, clutch my car not running 100% and lack of experience.

My suggestion would be to follow Barber's footsteps, it's been proven.

Good luck,

Shawn

I still don't think I have seen a full list of BarberCB's mods. Don't get me wrong, I believe he made it into the 12's, I just don't think I have seen the REAL COMPLETE FULL list of mods. I don't begrudge him holding out if he is. He's one of the big fish right now and may want to keep some of his secrets a secret for a while. I would just be happy to be in the 13's. ;D

Danzig supposedly made it into the high 12's with the stock turbo back in the day. http://www.t-racing.com/Racing2.6Cars.htm

Again, I don't think Barber is lieing about his times I just wonder if he is maybe leaving a few details out when listing everything that is done to the car. 8)

CJ

I still don't think I have seen a full list of BarberCB's mods. Don't get me wrong, I believe he made it into the 12's, I just don't think I have seen the REAL COMPLETE FULL list of mods. I don't begrudge him holding out if he is.

CJ

I agree......alot of peeps don't want to give up all their secrets. He's fully entitled to doing so.

Shawn