Check out the new Hurricane 4 intake

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... where have these people been anyway?  It's like you don't hear much about them, but then BAM! They're coming up with solutions to the #1 weak link for these cars- the fuel injection system.  Can't wait to see what the future holds for these cars! ;D ;D ;D

It looks even better in person and it is really light weight. Much lighter then stock. Mine just came in about 3 days ago. Still waiting for the rest of the kit but it is a very nice setup. Can't wait till the rest of it gets here and then I can finally drive my car after a year of building my race motor ;D

Someone apparently didn't go to there website.  Yes the IC piping comes with that price.  This is a bolt up and go kit.  No waiting several months for a magna and no need to setup the fuel management.  I think its a good price.

BuGG

That's a very nice intake.  I'd love to see some quality pictures and installed.  That's a pretty good price considering you are going to spend at least 2k on any MPI conversion.  Magna+SDS+Injectors+BBK TB+sensors & misc. = adds up quick

smog, It will still put you well over $1000 and then you have to take into account how much is your time worth to you in dollars.  I haven't hear anyone yet that has just put in their Magna and had it work the same day properly.

I WISH THEY WOULD SHOW SOME @%$#@$ DYNO NUMBERS!!!!!  If they did I'm sure a whole bunch of people would buy their products.  Myself included.

Yeah I discovered it on there website last week.  I am going to buy the setup when winter comes, and when the car is off the road for the year.  It may not come out of hybernation in Spring, if I decide to REALLY go nuts with the car.  Time will tell, but I'm definitely buying that setup.

CoKe

woot woot! me and my buddy were talkin about something like this last night well setting the cam tiing on my car at 11pm in 35 degree non heated shop my buddy russ built  acostom intake for him omni glh-t simmaler to this im sure i can get him to make one for me and make a wiring harness  http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/running16a.jpg

if anyone is interested in seeing more of this godly omni here is the link to his site

http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/index.html

Well guys it says to support 1000hp, and that is one nice piece, well merry christmas to me. I am geting that, my motor for the red quest is almost done, And when it is done i will have the quest dynoed, there is a guy up the street from my shop that builds mustangs, and he as a DYNO.

u don't have to spend "at least $2k" on any mpi.... try under $1k

sds fuel only; ~$640 FULLY tunable. Healthy Stock ignition has gone 12s AND its 'tweakable', for better ign curve/ more power.

Convert the oe intake= weld on injector bungs + adapt a cheap throttle body. Does it work ?  VERY few starquests could touch Franks', period.

The manifold they have on there car is a 8 injector setup. The hurricane intake is a 4 injector manifold. It is indeed a sweet intake. I'll take some pics of it but I don't know how to post pics on the site. If someone can do it I'll send the pics to them. I can also send pics of the fuel pump, pressure regulator, fuel filter, and all the fuel line and fittings they sent me. All said in done if you get everything thing they offer for the mpi kit its a little under $3000. Once the rest of the brackets and things that I'm waiting for come in I'll take pics of the complete kit.

That's really nice.

That's alot like I plan on making for my car this winter. I plan on using 3-3.5" plentum and some marnel bend runners to raise it up so I can keep my distrib.

Very nice work by them!

Shawn

I was able to do my conversion for exactly $1232 for everything.  I use SDS fuel only and magna (from the first GP's which happen to be alittle cheap then past GP's), and RX7 550cc injectors.  If I used a megasquirt system I would have easily been under $1000.  By the way, I got my car running on the the same day I installed it and drove about 10 miles.  It ran rich, but was running without any problems.  I haven't dynoed my car yet or dyno tuned yet, but I have been running the "street tuned" MPI for over a year now.

Guest surferdude
It would appear that I've found my answer for an MPFI setup for my 86.  I will be running it with the stock engine and about 10-12 psi, nothing fancy, just keeping it simple.