Your stance on the drug war

Szester

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama just gave the drug dealers a huge boost, in his stimulas package he is pouring money into social programs that feed the drug community ( buying votes)

This is a major step to keeping poor people poor.

Its an old tried and true system, make the poor depend on welfare, make sure they stay helpless with drugs and aclohol and keep them on the reservation . Just change the words from reservation to getto

Drugs are a result of feeling hopeless and helpless and yeah, some chemical dependency is in there too

But when you dont control your own life and see no future in your life, its easy to turn to drugs

Obama just gave the drug dealers a huge boost, in his stimulas package he is pouring money into social programs that feed the drug community ( buying votes)

Its an old tried and true system, make the poor depend on welfare, make sure they stay helpless with drugs and aclohol and keep them on the reservation . Just change the words from reservation to getto

Drugs are a result of feeling hopeless and helpless and yeah, some chemical dependency is in there too

But when you dont control your own life and see no future in your life, its easy to turn to drugs

I agree that the gov't does have a small part to play in this but to blame them, parents,friends or social standing for a lack of willpower makes no sense.To me it's just a cop-out and shows lack of character.

I disagree that using drugs is a result of hopelessness. It never starts that way.It's new, exciting and fun - that's the hook.

As far as controlling your own life - Hard drugs are never forced on you - it's always a free will decision. Hell there damn expensive and you have to leave the house and associate with undesirables to get em! In my mind there is just no excuse.

BS.

You can't use the bible as a defense you a**.If you've ever read the bible you'd know that it says not to "be drunk with wine where in it is excess." This is the equivalent to not getting drunk/stoned/high/etc

If you don't realize this as a truth then your interpretation of pot being made on the third day for people to smoke is a logical fallacy, thus making it a bad argument.

you must also, based on your argument, legalize opium, peyote, shrooms, and any other naturally growing drugs. Also, base don your argument, tobacco is good for you, which we all know is false.

Weed isn't legal because it is "non addictive" wheres the market? Alcoholics, smokers? they don't give the government any money do they, even at like 8 bucks a pack in NY they still buy them.

When I saw "DRUG WAR" I thought you were referring to the mexican drug wars from Mexico, texas, new mex, and here in Az...

kinda off topic from "yalls discussion", but its bad over here, tuscon, nogales, ect..... Towns are gettin wiped out, MANY ppl are gettin be-headed, ect.... The other week near tuscon a Sgt from my shop was hunting, and ran into some blood saturated dirt, and 3backpacks full of dope.....

But these happenings get NO media coverage....

hmmmm,

Hey Arizona thats Senator Mccains state right? Im just saying.. He needs to get Mavericky on em or something.

oh come on I thought you were smarter than that. Just let me know, is this from personal experience? And what do you mean by 'social programs that feed the drug community'? Social programs such as health care for children, money for Pell Grants, Mortgage assistance, increase in Unemployment benefits? Where are you going with this (not very logical at all I cant follow this unless you are just talking out your 'arse')

Wow.. just wow..

BTW, Drug dealers don't need government assistance, as there are lots of people taking Meth and those people get lots of cash. Guess what, Meth is america's homegrown crack so while the suburbs and trailer parks fill up with Meth addicts we will see how much the war on drugs shifts priorities.

You can't use the bible as a defense you a**.If you've ever read the bible you'd know that it says not to "be drunk with wine where in it is excess." This is the equivalent to not getting drunk/stoned/high/etc

If you don't realize this as a truth then your interpretation of pot being made on the third day for people to smoke is a logical fallacy, thus making it a bad argument.

you must also, based on your argument, legalize opium, peyote, shrooms, and any other naturally growing drugs. Also, base don your argument, tobacco is good for you, which we all know is false.

Weed isn't legal because it is "non addictive" wheres the market? Alcoholics, smokers? they don't give the government any money do they, even at like 8 bucks a pack in NY they still buy them.

wow lighten up .. You may be a bible thumper but have a sense of humor. GO read proverbs or psalms to calm down. OR smoke a joint , take some opium, eat some shrooms and do some peyote.

:biggrinumbrella1:

Yeah maybe if we just ignore real problems, the problems will just go away.... or maybe not even exist.

Or perhaps just making "the poor" die would be the easiest solution.

You think these "social programs" and the workers and volunteers who dedicate their lives to helping others are there to keep people on drugs and to get votes?? come on.

Hey Arizona thats Senator Mccains state right? Im just saying.. He needs to get Mavericky on em or something.

He's worthless.

And on the same note, our President put who in as the Secretary of Homeland Security?

Janet "Nappy" Napolitano. Because, you know.... she did such a good job at securing my state in the seven years she was Governor and the three years she was the state's AG. ;)

If all it takes to be sworn in for a Gov't. job is to sit on the sidelines and do nothing that your constituency pleads for.. Hell, sign me up. I can do nothing with the best of them.

oh come on I thought you were smarter than that. Just let me know, is this from personal experience? And what do you mean by 'social programs that feed the drug community'? Social programs such as health care for children, money for Pell Grants, Mortgage assistance, increase in Unemployment benefits? Where are you going with this (not very logical at all I cant follow this unless you are just talking out your 'arse')

Wow.. just wow..

BTW, Drug dealers don't need government assistance, as there are lots of people taking Meth and those people get lots of cash. Guess what, Meth is america's homegrown crack so while the suburbs and trailer parks fill up with Meth addicts we will see how much the war on drugs shifts priorities.

yeah, its from personal experience, watching people sell thier food stamps for a third of thier worth in order to buy drugs, If you want some cash, you just buy a 50 cent candy bar with a $10.00 voucher and get change in cash for a couple beers.

go to any low budget apartment complex and meet the local dealer, he usually is near the front door of the complex he takes food stamps just as well as cash, he can get that exchanged at the local party mart

young adults get paid at least $5.00 an hour to attend rehabilitaion/vocational schools to learn a trade, but all the school does is count attendence and the pupils never graduate, they just change vocations

all these things are paid with tax dallors and given out as welfare and all those dallors are available for drug purchase, BUT the government can not make drug / achohol users attend AAA or sober up because that would be against thier civil rights

so you got unemployable people on the second and third generation of welfare who have been getting high since they were 9 years old ( because they found thier parents stash in the drawer) that cant be trained to do anything.

It is cheaper, in our governments eyes , to keep these people drunk/high so they dont cause any problems and just go away

just take a funnel an put that stimulus package up to drug dealers pockets

any one ever check to see how many departments in every large town are suport'd totaly or partialy by drug wars LOL ,now ask your self how many departments have ever actively work'd them selves out of a job , stoping drugs would be counter productive for all these many departments , so they do not stop it cause that would put them out of business

any one ever check to see how many departments in every large town are suport'd totaly or partialy by drug wars LOL ,now ask your self how many departments have ever actively work'd them selves out of a job , stoping drugs would be counter productive for all these many departments , so they do not stop it cause that would put them out of business

Shelby i believe you hit the nail on the head.we need stiffer laws that are enforced.where i live we use to have a judge that was nick named ''the cocaine judge''he was always giving dope heads a pat on the back and saying''now son dont do this anymore''$100 fine and $150 court cost and thats it.same people would be back in a few weeks.same thing.you had to get caught 3 to 4 times first and then the newspaper had to make a stink about it before any thing was done.that steady $250 a month from about 50 people went along ways.thats just the ones that made it to court.

Edited by tim si

yeah, its from personal experience, watching people sell thier food stamps for a third of thier worth in order to buy drugs, If you want some cash, you just buy a 50 cent candy bar with a $10.00 voucher and get change in cash for a couple beers.

go to any low budget apartment complex and meet the local dealer, he usually is near the front door of the complex he takes food stamps just as well as cash, he can get that exchanged at the local party mart

so you got unemployable people on the second and third generation of welfare who have been getting high since they were 9 years old ( because they found thier parents stash in the drawer) that cant be trained to do anything.

I will have to agree with the statements above. I see it everyday at work.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

the war on drugs is a fraud.

prohibition didn't stop drinkers (there was actually an increase of alcohol consumption during prohibition), and the drug war has done nothing but make drug dealers richer, strip away our person freedoms, and spend tax money on a never ending 'problem' as opposed to educating people on the dangers of drugs.

I've had friends die because of their drug usage.

i don't wish there was some law or some new crime fighting technique to bust dealers or lock up more people.

I just wish my friend had been stronger and would have had a family that could have helped him and had other 'friends' that didn't drag him further in to more dangerous drugs.

in the end, the true reality of the issue, is that people are going to want to do drugs for whatever reason it might be, and no government, no law, no program is really going to put an end to it. so you might as well just let people mess up their lives and die on their own accord BUT make it legal.

we are allowed to ruin our lives in many other fashions (marrying the wrong person, believing in some stupid religion, crashing a motorcycle, etc etc) yet their is no govt involvement. there's no federally funded "war on making poor life choices".

i say let people mess up themselves and hope there's enough of us capable of keeping this society going.

so you got unemployable people on the second and third generation of welfare who have been getting high since they were 9 years old ( because they found thier parents stash in the drawer) that cant be trained to do anything

the fact that drugs are illegal is exactly the reason why the drug dealer has a job in front of the apartment complex.

and, as far as the social commentary about people getting high and milking welfare, just take solace in the fact that eventually their genetic lineage will die out because at some point they are going to be unable to survive. every time a crack baby dies it's nature saying "dear crackhead, i'm not going to let you reproduce"

you guys dont get it, you see, in order to qualify for SSI ( social security income) , you must first prove that you cant be employed

well the reason the addict cant work is because the drugs have destroyed the brain, the court will verify this

so SSI will pay the addict back pay from when they began not being able to work and then add future payments from then on

My neigbors kid got a $30,000.00 ( yes thirty grand) back pay because he filed and waited 5 years to clear the court system and then got monthly installments after that for the rest of his life, he is 30 yrs old, a pimp , a dealer and an achoholic.

so you need to be an addict to prove you cant work so you qualify for federal tax money ( in cash) but the government can not force you to get help ande attend programs because thats against your civil rights

I stand by what I said, Obama's stimulus package was music to the drug dealers ears

I stand by what I said, Obama's stimulus package was music to the drug dealers ears

u may be right. I haven't read the stimulus, and without first hand interpretation of it, i can't really make a decision. basically it's all hearsay at this point. Im not a big fan of the welfare system in the first place, and do agree that it is abused (but does do good as well).

but i thought we were talking about the 'war on drugs'. obviously being illegal didn't stop anyone from doing drugs and becoming unemployable.

but, maybe those people are just screw ups anyhow.

I say don't punish the users, but, the dealers. As was said, if your stupid enough to ruin your life over this crap, then do it, and if you can't do it simply and want it bad enough, youll go great lengths for it. But, if your the one selling it and promoting the destroying of others lives...you deserve a dosage of the government drugs...leading to your own personal hole in the ground.

Also, drug dealers, most of them won't even touch what they sell, they're in it for the money...simply that.

And, yes, if drugs were gone, our economy would plummet beyond belief. Right now would be looked back upon as a "remember when" type thing. Because, I think it was, some 80% or more of U.S. money has traces of drugs on it...thats what drives this country. Also, if they legalized it, itd be the same as if they completley rid everything of it...

So, why does the government not address the drug trafficking across the U.S.? So that we remain a strong country, with a "semi" strong economy. So, what needs to happen is bring it to a middle ground.

I am in no way for drugs, Ive seen what it does to people, know what other drugs can do to people, and, its not a pretty site, however, drug money makes the world go round.

and don't even get me started on the welfare/foodstamps for life thing.

Edited by strang3majik

and don't even get me started on the welfare/foodstamps for life thing.

Perhaps that would be a good topic to start next !!! I'm sure there are a lot of opinions on that subject.

CALIBER 308

Lemme try and clear this up. Just take away all forms of social assistance, the entire "safety net" is what I mean. Then people will eventually pull themselves up by their bootstraps and everything will be well.

I get it. The problem is it's still a huge, steaming pile of BS.