these ARE NOT MOPARS

Guest g54b hater

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and have ridiculously underachieving engines for the displacement they have. So basically I would rather own a Kia.

Wait a second... our engines are not underpowered stock? And I have a kia, well, my sister has a kia and it is a great car. slow, but other than that, it's great.

Wait a second... our engines are not underpowered stock? And I have a kia, well, my sister has a kia and it is a great car. slow, but other than that, it's great.

he is talking about Mopars...and, I disagree highly with his statement...however, I don't want to start anything more.

eh, this was plain silly.

now IF he said HEMI instead of MOPAR he might've made a tiny bit of sense b/c some people do go around correctly stating that the G54B is indeed a HEMI, which technically it is, although much like Kleenex has taken on the generic term for all facial tissue in some areas, so has HEMI become a name brand for MOPAR...wait...one is naming more than itself, while another is naming less...okay so not just like it, but you get my point...maybe.

HEMI has become = MOPAR, and I'm guessing from his random PO'd banter he's angry that Dodge/Chrysler picked up the Starion and rebadged it stateside. He must've taken a rarely knowledgable Quest owner out of context and made an ASSumption of his weak little mind.

He couldn't even fail respectably. Whatta worthless broken tool. but worth yet another SQ TGIF drinking laugh from me. lol

eh, this was plain silly.

now IF he said HEMI instead of MOPAR he might've made a tiny bit of sense b/c some people do go around correctly stating that the G54B is indeed a HEMI, which technically it is, although much like Kleenex has taken on the generic term for all facial tissue in some areas, so has HEMI become a name brand for MOPAR...wait...one is naming more than itself, while another is naming less...okay so not just like it, but you get my point...maybe.

HEMI has become = MOPAR, and I'm guessing from his random PO'd banter he's angry that Dodge/Chrysler picked up the Starion and rebadged it stateside. He must've taken a rarely knowledgable Quest owner out of context and made an ASSumption of his weak little mind.

He couldn't even fail respectably. Whatta worthless broken tool. but worth yet another SQ TGIF drinking laugh from me. lol

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/10/forgotten_hemi.jpg

These are Chrysler badges from a Reliant. I guess that means they consider it a HEMI.

what a coink adink, before i had a starquest i had a dart with a hemi, and i remeber going up against a widebody conquest,

to make a long story short, i dont have the dart or anymore, and i own 4 starquests!

Bottom line is

mopar or not, starquests were great cars off the production line, and have great potential.

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/10/forgotten_hemi.jpg

These are Chrysler badges from a Reliant. I guess that means they consider it a HEMI.

That's enough to make me keep the G54B.

Where can I get these badges? Was it US available [they sold the K cars in Canada, I imagine]? I wonder if the dealer would have them.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/jsinaga/sideangle.jpg

gotta say this is sick!

now as for it not being mopar who cares. but i have to ask..... is a neon a mopar?

who cars it is a great car, even thought i dont fit in it for s***. i love it.

Mopar = Motor Parts

Nevermind all of the technicality, it's just a marketing term. Mopar is not a technology, nor a product, it's a name that refers to Motor Parts that Dodge sells.

I really wish he would have given the "true" definition of Mopar so we could have had a constructive thread here.

Crazy Larrry:

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/dbe44a5278a1e585ac346ee5cee33e3d.png

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/dd2ea73eae189fb8f356fc0ed157d0e3.png

Me gots both too. :)

I also have the 5.7L Hemi Ram and the 2.6L Hemi Quest :P

Also wouldn't my 1983 Dodge Challenger with a 2.6 in it be considered a "mopar"

*not the actual definition of mopar*

Edited by Starwolf

looks like someone ran into a Conquest on the interstate and got their a** handed to them. it's ok, group therapy is where it's at. let your feelings out for us brother, we're here for you.

lmao ...

lol guess this guy also thinks srt-4s are crap too.

not to mention a 318 and 340 will drop in these ^^ mopar mag, did it twice and called it an official mopar. it was called project conquiestador. 1995.

hey guest your one of those guys that thinks all jap cars cant be fast and reliable too huh ? have you gone out an looked at the comparisons ? most imports will kill a muscle car in drag races with less HP and TRQ. and a few ( skyline,supra" will out right leave them in every aspect.

( BTW) I love challengers ^^

Edited by silkdagger05

If these were REAL Mopars, they would be fookin ugly, have sloppy suspension, cant handle worth a s*@t, and have ridiculously underachieving engines for the displacement they have. So basically I would rather own a Kia.

perfect description!!! and as far as Mopar guys respecting these cars, thats good, i wouldn't want any respect from them anyway. same way i dont respect any v8 at all (whether its mopar, ford, bmw whatever). i hate v8's. If you're obsessed with mopar, its time to look at the facts:

Highest HP per liter N/A - Honda S2000 (f20c) 2.0 Liter, 247 HP

Highest HP per liter Turbo - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution fq400 (4g63) 2.0 liter, 400 HP.

i dont see any v8's there, let alone any Mopar's. only 4 cylinders (or maybe RICE as you would call it) but at the end of the day, as far as power efficiency(power per liter) is concerned, it beats your $hitty v8 or Mopar every time.

Graham

and by the way, i didn't even look up those facts about highest HP, i knew them, i also know a lot about hondas thats how i knew the engine code

perfect description!!! and as far as Mopar guys respecting these cars, thats good, i wouldn't want any respect from them anyway. same way i dont respect any v8 at all (whether its mopar, ford, bmw whatever). i hate v8's. If you're obsessed with mopar, its time to look at the facts:

Highest HP per liter N/A - Honda S2000 (f20c) 2.0 Liter, 247 HP

Highest HP per liter Turbo - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution fq400 (4g63) 2.0 liter, 400 HP.

i dont see any v8's there, let alone any Mopar's. only 4 cylinders (or maybe RICE as you would call it) but at the end of the day, as far as power efficiency(power per liter) is concerned, it beats your $hitty v8 or Mopar every time.

Graham

and by the way, i didn't even look up those facts about highest HP, i knew them, i also know a lot about hondas thats how i knew the engine code

247hp @ 2.0 liters is 123.5hp/L. If a modern SRT8 HEMI motor made that kinda power, you'd be at about 750hp, which most likely breaks corporate regulations on hp for certain chassis'. Also, whats the torque on that f20c motor, and aren't S2k's now sporting 2.2L's?

There are so many factors that contribute to a motors output per litre of displacement, it makes very little sense to argue this any further.

Edited by dmyers151